Android Mi3 stuck on MIUI 16, no OTA update showing

@Jasku, are you comfortable to tinker with it?? Meaning you can do a V18 update by FlashBoot ROM method, just takes a minute for the whole update! But you got to download manually the ROM which is around 600MB.
All the instructions are mentioned here

@Jasku, are you comfortable to tinker with it?? Meaning you can do a V18 update by FlashBoot ROM method, just takes a minute for the whole update! But you got to download manually the ROM which is around 600MB.
All the instructions are mentioned here

I wouldn't mind, but I want to know why the Ota doesn't work for me, or is that the case with the guys purchased on august second.

Probably wait for some more time, may be your data has not been properly synced to the update servers! But curious though how you had v15, cos the the first lot (Priority pass and may july 22) had v16!

Last edited:
^ I got my phone from the July 22 lot. I believe it had v15 only. Now i've updated to v22 directly from v15. Jasaku try using wifi/3g to check for updates. Initially none of my google services and miui services were working i figured it was due to incorrect APN settings which I got manually from the internet.

Its better to do a factory reset, after you boot up using your sim for the first time; then test all basic functions are all performing well, and then do updates, rooting cwm, mi tools whatever; even the apps!

I wen to settings about and tried updating, it says you are on the latest version, do you guys update manually?

That's because Indian version is stuck at 15.

They are pe loading the global version 18 on Indian sets and skiing then.

The latest update is v22 global. Indian is still on v15.don't expect any updates there. There will only be global updates from now on. They have mentioned it in their forum.

Just do a Google search for mi3+v18+global +update..... You will get the link. Then just go to update app and try to they updates. It will show v22..... That is you can follow this procedure to check it if indeed updates if not just change v18 in the above search to v22. You will be in the latest version

Is anyone facing problems with MIUI's task manager? The task manager is too damn aggressive. Using apps which need to run in the background, like data usage monitors and app lockers, is a pain in the ass.

Is anyone facing problems with MIUI's task manager? The task manager is too damn aggressive. Using apps which need to run in the background, like data usage monitors and app lockers, is a pain in the ass.

In the task manager swipe down on their icons. There will be a symbol of a lock placed on the icons and should not be terminated in future by the task manager.

Lol sygic won't work. Crashes Everytime

Which version of Sygic?

I had installed the MapMyIndia free version on my old phone and it worked fine. On sygic it would ask me to re-download all maps. Figured the bug was because MapMyIndia and Sygic are no longer partners so it doesn;t work.

In the task manager swipe down on their icons. There will be a symbol of a lock placed on the icons and should not be terminated in future by the task manager.

Which version of Sygic?

I had installed the MapMyIndia free version on my old phone and it worked fine. On sygic it would ask me to re-download all maps. Figured the bug was because MapMyIndia and Sygic are no longer partners so it doesn;t work.

Same version same problem
Sygic working fine for me! Maybe specific to your handset.

Ok I will give this version another try.
Are the maps used in this map my India maps or just tom tom?

@dafreaking
It is not a perfect implementation. First of all, app lockers such as Smart App Lock don't show up in the task manager, no way to lock them; and the other apps that do show up in the task manager, the lock on the app is gone if you reboot your phone.

@dafreaking

It is not a perfect implementation. First of all, app lockers such as Smart App Lock don't show up in the task manager, no way to lock them; and the other apps that do show up in the task manager, the lock on the app is gone if you reboot your phone.
Hmm...the only other thing I can think off is in ze Security settings enable auto-start and "trust this app" and try.

That's because Indian version is stuck at 15.

They are pe loading the global version 18 on Indian sets and skiing then.

The latest update is v22 global. Indian is still on v15.don't expect any updates there. There will only be global updates from now on. They have mentioned it in their forum.

Just do a Google search for mi3+v18+global +update..... You will get the link. Then just go to update app and try to they updates. It will show v22..... That is you can follow this procedure to check it if indeed updates if not just change v18 in the above search to v22. You will be in the latest version
Mine is actually on v16, I mistyped earlier, will do a search on the update procedure, I just presumed from the comments in the thread that everyone was getting it Ota.

Back