Micromax A70 First Impressions

Yeah, that ROM is disappointing :(

Nothings perfect in that :(

I will try to port CyanogenMod to it...

If anyone knows some tuts, please tell me ;)

hey great idea man, saw your question in playfullgods forum. cyanogenmods wiki gives step by step guide. I've gone thru them. I tried repo sync don't know where it is downloading the files. I could not complete it even after 3 attempt. I don't know what prompted play full god to get a70 modded. his port of cmw is somewhat OK.

thanks a lot for initiating a noble cause. I will provide you with all the assistance I can.

get going man all the very best.

SunnyBoi said:
I've concluded its a phone not worth wasting time on. This is purely my opinion. If you've had better luck, good for ya.

My messaging, call logs, everything is screwed up on the phone, new calls, messages come up on random places, not on top like other android phones. I haven't installed even 25% of apps I did before and still getting shit battery life. Bloody thing lags like hell, etc etc etc.

Strangely dad likes it. swapped this for his OLED Blade :D. Will keep the OLED blade with me for sometime and see if he gets frustrated with this POS. If yes, then I'm just gonna throw it away. seriously.

Dont throw it, donate it to poor guy like me who doesn't even have WiFi on my phone, I need Wifi for internet access on my phone at college!!!!! And I'll tweak the crap shit out of it.

Hi all,

Playfulgod has uploaded REPO scripts on guthub.com. Please follow the given link

_https://github.com/playfulgod/android_device_micromax_a70

Finally my account was activated..sup guys im new here...

I ordered my A70 from letsbuy on sunday.. i cant wait for it to ship :p...

I wanted to ask Will rooting android void my warranty ??

@Aditya-Installed ROM manager and gt the CWM 4.0.1.5 ...says installed but I cant go into recovery wither via ROM mamanger or via reboot holding the vol down key ! Any idea wats wrong ?

Supra said:
@Aditya-Installed ROM manager and gt the CWM 4.0.1.5 ...says installed but I cant go into recovery wither via ROM mamanger or via reboot holding the vol down key ! Any idea wats wrong ?

sorry for the late reply boss...

I presume that you've got the cmw from rom manager itself. What happens when you select reboot to recovery option in rom manager?

How did you check the version of cmw?

One more silly question have you rooted the phone ?..... (not to offend you)

I had manually downloaded Rom manager 4.3 premium premium ( it is free if you go apk way)......... but my free version of ROM manager also worked.

Please find ver 4.4 of rom manager premium here

If you are going in for the premium version pls uninstall the free rom manager

last but not least..... reflash the cmw from rom manager

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunil1 said:
Finally my account was activated..sup guys im new here...

I ordered my A70 from letsbuy on sunday.. i cant wait for it to ship :p...

I wanted to ask Will rooting android void my warranty ??

going by legal technically it should. there are methods to unroot also. but most of the service guys keep service warranty as a paper tiger in case they are not able to restore the system and you pester them.

and going by the awareness only a small % of micromax service guys will be knowing what is what. most them won't even be knowing what rooting is.

the mobile seems quite sturdy though.

yes, youtube playback support is there...

and if for some reason (like tikering with the phone ending up without a flash playback support) you can download the full version of the adobe flashplayer for armV6 processor here

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION-

DOWNLOAD THE APP BELOW AND SAVE IT TO YOUR SD CARD

NOW MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 'UNKNOWN SOURCES' ENABLED IN YOUR SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS

NOW OPEN ANY FILE MANGER LIKE ASTRO AND NAVIGATE TO THE APK FILE WHEREVER YOU STORED IT

JUST OPEN THE FILE AND CLICK INSTALL

NOW REBOOT THE PHONES ONCE INSTALLATION COMPLETE

( IT WON'T WORK IN OPERA MINI)

FOR BEST RESULTS USE DOLPHIN BROWSER HD

UPDATE @ SUPRA

I installed ROM manager premium 4.4.0.3 from the link I'd given earlier...........I downloaded the clockworkmod and flashed it (just for you sake) and rebooted into recovery. booting hanged.......(just as you told)

so I opened up the battery and rebooted the phone and flashed CMW once again.

This time I could boot into recovery.......:)

Please try it and tell......for the good of all........

Ok...thanks :)

Got CWM working...seems the ROM Manager version I was using was the culprit :p

@manu george --- A70 has ARM v6 600Mhz ....so flash is not supported officially. Its only on ARM v8 that you get Flash support. Youtube app will work though.

adityadeva said:
yes, youtube playback support is there...

and if for some reason (like tikering with the phone ending up without a flash playback support) you can download the full version of the adobe flashplayer for armV6 processor here

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION-

DOWNLOAD THE APP BELOW AND SAVE IT TO YOUR SD CARD
NOW MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 'UNKNOWN SOURCES' ENABLED IN YOUR SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS
NOW OPEN ANY FILE MANGER LIKE ASTRO AND NAVIGATE TO THE APK FILE WHEREVER YOU STORED IT
JUST OPEN THE FILE AND CLICK INSTALL
NOW REBOOT THE PHONES ONCE INSTALLATION COMPLETE
( IT WON'T WORK IN OPERA MINI)
FOR BEST RESULTS USE DOLPHIN BROWSER HD

Can you run whatismyflash.com through dolphin hd and report what it says?

Hey guys, the custom ROM did some bad things to me,

Can someone backup your Stock ROM using CWM recovery version 4.0.1.5???
@adityadeva bro i can't restore with the backup you provided :(

Can u backup using CWM recovery version 4.0.1.5?

I want my wi-fi back!!! :mad: :'(

[/COLOR]
akshaybz said:
Oh nevermind, I figured it out!!!

I have my wi-fi back at last!!!

Yay!!

Thanx aditya bhai!!

did not see the post that you had done it .....

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

congrats man you've done it.........

pls tell how!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comp@ddict said:
If this phone gets any cheaper I'm buying this.

its already quite cheap man.............where will you get this high quality phone at this price.....If samsung is gonna make it they will charge you 10 grands........just look at FIT even that one never comes close in some departments.

once cyanogenmod is ported then you will have 720 p video I guarantee you that......

even with current driver you can have 640x480 (vga) video at 30 fps...... using custom settings of camera.......

@ supra : good work man :D

which version rom manager are u using now?

jijojose79 said:
Does CyanogenMod have any issues noticed?

generally in all ports of cyanogenmod for all devices FM radio does not seem to work, at least I know this issue with with gingerbread port (CM 7.x branch) don't know about froyo port of CM.

as far as I know so far nobody has ported CyanogenMod to our device........

I'm looking into various ways of how It can be done....... there is no straight forward porting for our device....... even If somebody starts porting from today..... it might take several builds to stabilize and fit for daily use........

and CM7.1 runs very fast even in a similar phone to ours like samsung galaxy 5 . it is ported by psyke83 of MADTEAM (madteam.co) greaaaaat!!! work by him........... ( can't go without saying one word of appreciation for good work done)

MAD means Motofoca Android Development ( With all respects to all the best developers there) they have reverse engineered the port to fit into galaxy 5.

even ZTE blade has cm7 port and the speed of it....... thats one reason our senior member Sunnyboi swapped his brand new A70 phone for his dads Blade............. and in all probability will revert back to this phone if a CM7.x port comes to this.....

Also CM7.1 has an option to use SD card as phones storage ..... we need to partition our SD card as ext4.... I've currently done so using CLockworkmod.... but stock rom of A70 fails to recognize ext4 partition

adityadeva said:
thats one reason our senior member Sunnyboi swapped his brand new A70 phone for his dads Blade.............

Dad wanted his Blade back within 6 hours!!! :(

Back to micromax. Did a wipe, full charge using bump charge, went inside CWM and wiped battery stats. Still lasted just 12 hours with 2 mins of speaking and 10 mins of gtalk usage :(

I'll go to the svc center and demand them for a new phone. Looks like I got a complete lemon.

Back