Micromax A70 First Impressions

sunil1 said:
@rahules

np, will try that supercharger script.. it seems awesome ..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any way to lock the framerates while video capturing videos ?

After recording 2-3 videos in 640X480 rez, and analyzing it .. i found that the ones taken in day time with adequate lighting have 12-20 fps.. (2 of my videos had 12-13 and other one had 20ish fps)...while the ones taken at night have as low as 6 fps...

Ill try some camera and check though..

use lgcamera with 640x480 30fps

sunil1 said:
@rahules
can you please explain to me stepwise how you got the script running...

logically it should be.

1. install "script manager" from market

2. download or copy the v6 supercharger script into your sd card from xda forum

3. run "script manager", locate v6 script and execute it. try it. ............. if its not good reboot your phone and remove the script.

if it is good then only commit it to the init script of your phone.

never tried it. saving the phone for something else.

sunil1 said:
@rahules

can you please explain to me stepwise how you got the script running...

Here it is:

1. Install "Script Manager"

2. Load the script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android*.txt) into Script Manager and select "Run as Root."

3. Touch the screen for the soft keyboard or slide out the keyboard and get SuperCharged! Just pick an option!

4. Reboot

5. install "99supercharge" something script in the /data/ folder of ur root! (with run as root and run on boot ticked ;) )

P.S. Earlier my phone used to crash atleast 7 times a day (i.e. I had to reinsert the battery to make it to work) and since last 2 days, not even once!

Also, battery performance is better (Don't know whether it's coz of the script).

buddingwhizkid said:
battery life and wifi reception range ?

You should have checked the whole thread before asking.

Just read through and you'll get an idea of the things ;)

@sunil

first create a inint.d folder in ur /system/etc/ folder

then run the script using ScriptManager (check run as root)

Choose an option (256 HP options for A70)

Thats it.

A file called S99Supercharge or something will be created in ur /system/etc/init.d/ folder

PS : Make sure you download the latest version of the script.

Singam said:
Is video calls possible via mobile operator in this phone using the front facing camera when in 3G mode ?

Android os generally doesn't have this facility no matter which brand you use or how much you pay. This phone is no exception.

I've read that samsung fascinate in uk has patched their phone for 3g calls, but it is an exception than a norm.

adityadeva said:
Android os generally doesn't have this facility no matter which brand you use or how much you pay. This phone is no exception.

I've read that samsung fascinate in uk has patched their phone for 3g calls, but it is an exception than a norm.

Are you sure that Android OS doesn't support Video Calls ? Cause their are phones which specifically mention video calls possible also if you select android phones in flipkart, you have an search option to choose video calling as an feature.

Some of the Android phones which flipkart shows has video calling features are
1.Motorola Fire XT (Dark Titanium)
2.HTC ChaCha
3. HTC Salsa
4. Sony Ericsson SK17i
5. Samsung Galaxy S LCD I9003
and many more
Link: Here
Can you please check this
Please select network Band as 3G (WCDMA or HSDPA) , open the contacts, go to options, is there an option to make video calls ? Here screenshot of the option in my mobile (Samsung i200, Windows 6.1)
[attachment=9542:16298.attach]

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 118
I got mine from a local vendor for Rs 15.. he cut the screen guard's edges to fit it perfectly

So far no complaints from it (yet).. although its a bit scratch friendly..i can always get a new one since its only rs 15

yay managed to do Reverse wifi tethering
Here's how

Much better solution than using connectify, mhotspot, virtual router...

PS: i used Better Emulator on my A70 and entered the codes..

Back