Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

okay. i'll back it up to my pendrive in usb connect mode. (i can do that right?)

Yes. Please do tell us all as soon as CyanBook 0.3 is released.

Also, will LINARO improvements be incorporated? Said to improve android performance by a 100%

Any more info on the custom ROMS?

I actually am looking for user feedback. Users from TE who've used JetMOD and FunSeries. I wont be flashing ROMS frequently like a maniac. If I find a stable ROM, I'll stick to it for a long long time till there is some AMAZING new feature that I just GOTTA have.

Trust me that's not possible :p

JETMOD- It just works, no real problems, except that you need to unlock market.

Fun ROM- Havent tried, but reviews seem good, few small problems, nothing that cant be fixed.

CyanBook (CM9) - Has a few performance issues, feature rich, not the fastest, but the developer is sure of a much better release sometime soon. Im using it, and feature wise you cant beat it. i cant go back to stock/bareboned android :p

CyanBook (CM9) - Has a few performance issues, feature rich, not the fastest, but the developer is sure of a much better release sometime soon. Im using it, and feature wise you cant beat it. i cant go back to stock/bareboned android
tongu23e.gif

I'll wait for this. I can wait. I got time. Learning all about the OS and the tablet in general and all about apps (trying out different apps and games).

2 big questions for all those who has MM Funbook other than ROMS:

1) Where is the Wallpaper folder? I want to drop the wallpapers (correct res) into it so that I can preview them on the settings and install them.
2) What accessories did you guys buy and did u install the screen guard. If so source and links maybe.

I have tried Fun ROM ver 2.1 and its nice seeing it but apparently has bugs.
Waiting patiently for pple to try CM9 new version, then if my granpa likes it then will install them.

2 big questions for all those who has MM Funbook other than ROMS:

1) Where is the Wallpaper folder? I want to drop the wallpapers (correct res) into it so that I can preview them on the settings and install them.
2) What accessories did you guys buy and did u install the screen guard. If so source and links maybe.

I have tried Fun ROM ver 2.1 and its nice seeing it but apparently has bugs.
Waiting patiently for pple to try CM9 new version, then if my granpa likes it then will install them.

Wallpaper folder would depend on the rom and launcher that u r using.. how ever u can place the wallpapers in a folder and use gallery to set any image as wallpaper.
u ll find scratch guards/usb keyboards/sleaves/carry cases etc on different sites (ncarry,ebay,flipkart to name a few)

@karndev I just wanted to preview the wallpaper b4 accepting it, thats why. The folder idea doesn't do this.
I just wanted to know whether the initial screenguard is enough or replace it. Carry cases of micromax is ok with me. I wanted to know if there are any other accessories for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@karndev I just wanted to preview the wallpaper b4 accepting it, thats why. The folder idea doesn't do this.
I just wanted to know whether the initial screenguard is enough or replace it. Carry cases of micromax is ok with me. I wanted to know if there are any other accessories for it.

initial screen guard lasted for a week or so (for me). What type of accessories are you looking for?
and for wallpapers i m sorry i dont understand why u cannot choose a wallpaper and if u dont like it choose another.. so i guess u can try some apps like HD Wallpapers, etc from market and try them :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

okay. i'll back it up to my pendrive in usb connect mode. (i can do that right?)

Yes. Please do tell us all as soon as CyanBook 0.3 is released.

Also, will LINARO improvements be incorporated? Said to improve android performance by a 100%

LINARO changes might take some time :) they havent been merged yet.. Plus the drastic changes will be more for cortex devices :)

initial screen guard lasted for a week or so (for me). What type of accessories are you looking for?
and for wallpapers i m sorry i dont understand why u cannot choose a wallpaper and if u dont like it choose another.. so i guess u can try some apps like HD Wallpapers, etc from market and try them :)
@karndev Thanks for that info, guess one screenguard purchase on. I am not sure thats the problem, Someone back home told me that are lot of accessories for it but all i find are covers, USB cables and covers. Guess I will grab him and ask him. The problem with wallies is since the device is for my granpa, and the default wallpaper changing app will be the one he will access. There you can preview a wallpaper b4 choosing it, saves time and looks pretty gud too. That is why i wanted to know whether we can add more wallpapers on it. Guess time to check out apps in Market. Thanks for suggestion.

LINARO changes might take some time :) they havent been merged yet.. Plus the drastic changes will be more for cortex devices :)

Oh well. Gotta wait then.

Where can I purchase a good screen guard online for the Funbook?

@comp@ddict : I get this error too. How did you solve it?

system/bin/sh: cannot create /dev/block/nandg: Permission denied"

Back