Microsoft's new Windows 11 Recall is a privacy nightmare

that shouldnt be an issue right? if its drivers related, I'll anyways be manually installing them
Nope, Windows update will download drivers for you as usual and you can always do it manually. I mentioned it so you don't download the evaluation ISO from Microsoft, (they can't be activated after 90 days no matter what). You download the ISO from mass or MDL and you are set.
MAS activation scripts, just search for Massgrave github
Also just FYI Non-IOT LTSC can not be activated with HWID (Digital) License. So there is no reason to not go for IOT LTSC, 10 years of support, HWID, and 2 concurrent RDP sessions (This might not mean anything to you but anyone who has used RDP knows how game-changing this feature is)

and 2 concurrent RDP sessions (This might not mean anything to you but anyone who has used RDP knows how game-changing this feature is)
That's good but does the limitation of local user getting logged out still happens with RDP in windows 10/11.
Also just FYI Non-IOT LTSC can not be activated with HWID (Digital) License.
Just fyi, you can run your own kms server in nas/android mobile/router (if it supports custom firmware).

@dvader one last thing, should I re-install windows after wiping evert partition (too much work) or will just changing licence suffice for me? I have the 11 home OEM version installed on my laptop

@dvader one last thing, should I re-install windows after wiping evert partition (too much work) or will just changing licence suffice for me? I have the 11 home OEM version installed on my laptop
Fresh install is always recommended not to mention in this case you have no option. License change doesn't work from normal version to LTSC versions though you can do the reverse in the form of LTSC to Enterprise.

unfortunately converting from retail (Home/Pro) to Ent/IOT Ent LTSC is not possible both officially and via mass script(s). You will have to reinstall. My main system is stuck on Windows 11 because of this.
That's good but does the limitation of local user getting logged out still happens with RDP in windows 10/11.

Just fyi, you can run your own kms server in nas/android mobile/router (if it supports custom firmware).
All Windows versions (except for server editions with terminal license srv) only allow one RDP session, so you can only have one user logged in at a time be it local or RDP.
With Windows 11 IOT Ent LTSC allowing two simultaneous logins the local users will no longer get logged out. That's awesome.

Last edited:
With Windows 11 IOT Ent LTSC allowing two simultaneous logins the local users will no longer get logged out. That's awesome.
Have you checked/confirmed it as it may also mean that two different users can connect via RDP while the local user remains logged out? Btw, I used to use this "feature" long back on XP when it was actually available via a patched termsrv.dll from an earlier XP version. Local user remain logged on while I logged in via RDP to do work in my own user account. :)

Workaround is still available but maintaining it across updates is a hassle
I set up RDPWrap for a render machine but damn it wouldn't work when I needed it the most.

Have you checked/confirmed it as it may also mean that two different users can connect via RDP while the local user remains logged out? Btw, I used to use this "feature" long back on XP when it was actually available via a patched termsrv.dll from an earlier XP version. Local user remain logged on while I logged in via RDP to do work in my own user account. :)

I don't think the local user would get logged out; doesn't make sense. Either way, since it was launched to OEMs just a week or two back, I will test and report back.

Apple saying that OpenAI wont have any PIL data at all after Recall's backlash, I'll be real interested in sniffing data sent by apple in the backend and see what they are actually sending, LLMs work on semantic inputs, even if its a random id assigned to us in Open AI's/Apple's backend, I dont feel too comfortable about that

Apple saying that OpenAI wont have any PIL data at all after Recall's backlash
Corporations exists for profit. Trust with enough loads of salt.
Apple's hypocrisy have been blind sided enough, to trust them is like trusting any other corporate and nothing else.
Confirmation bias let them escape tons of problems.

Apple saying that OpenAI wont have any PIL data at all after Recall's backlash, I'll be real interested in sniffing data sent by apple in the backend and see what they are actually sending, LLMs work on semantic inputs, even if its a random id assigned to us in Open AI's/Apple's backend, I dont feel too comfortable about that
Just needs a switch to turn on/off PCC and OpenAI suggestions. Not too worried about OpenAI since that’s right now an explicit confirmation prompt.

But I feel at least a lot better about PCC.

Back