Mirrors Edge - Discussion Thread

Re: Mirrors Edge !!!! just Awesome Videos

this game actually looks incredible...those HD trailers are ausum...

hope there arent any frame rate issues on the 360

Re: Mirror's Edge -whats ur opp on it

Looks like an extreme sports kind of game except that you're bare handed and atop skyscrapers the whole time. EXTREMELY EXTREME.

The game's central theme is Parkour and doing it in First person mode is going to defeat the purpose of such artistic form of running if you can't see it. I personally don't have any high hopes from it. I'm rather waiting for "Prototype" and "Bionic Commando".

we cant enjoy the moves and actions of the character in FPS. i am looking forward for rain,prototype

If they make it 3rd person also or any mods which will do it, I am all for it...that video gives me motion sickness

pcgamer said:
If they make it 3rd person also or any mods which will do it, I am all for it...that video gives me motion sickness

Thats the point man :)... Immerse you in the game with a first person view. If it was 3rd person I have a feeling people would just go "this is just another Prince of Persia"

An if it's making you sick. Then its done its job lol... Yeah Prey made me feel dizzy. Not a fan of having the room go all Willy Wonka on me.

Mirror's Edge

When news about Mirror's Edge started coming out, many people were dubious as to whether developer DICE would be able to carry off such a radical departure from their normal Battlefield games.

We're glad to say that DICE has exceeded all expectations. Mirror's Edge is a well-polished title that pushes at the boundaries of what a game should be. Not only is it a brave departure from DICE's comfort zone, it's also a supremely radical change from the usual weapon-centric games always being pushed out.

The storyline is involving, and the more you progress through the game, the more you get sucked into the underworld of the city; the more you want to find out how it all ends. The pacing of the game is very well done, and although the basic premise of running and jumping remains the same throughout, there’s enough variation in the locations and puzzles to keep you hooked until the finale.

There's an awful lot to recommend Mirror's Edge. The look, the storyline, the whole premise of an almost combat-free game – all this goes towards making something that is highly commendable even when you take into account the few niggles, such as the dodgy enemy AI.

If you feel the need to indulge in some parkour action without the possibility of bone breakage, together with the added benefit of causing motion sickness amongst your friends and relatives, then there's no better game than Mirror's Edge. It’s as simple as that, mainly because the game sticks to the old game adage of being easy to pick up, but tough to master.

bit-tech.net | Review - Mirror's Edge

Re: Mirror's Edge: review

This is like the most colourful game based on the UT3 engine lol..tried the demo, pretty fun game. Dont think it deserved 7(IGN), atleast a 8.

this thread title is quite misleading. I thought a TE member had reviewed the game. It turned out a bit differently though.

the game is very bright compared to other FPS which are normalyy dark and its adrenaline pumpin all the time

Back