Mirrors Edge - Discussion Thread

I'm in love with this game - with 1.01 and 181.22 driver, it has never crashed on me.

I just love this game....so beautiful - clean look, the flow of the game is impressive, its like a choreographed sequence - like a dream....the physics are good, the storyline is interesting, electronic ambient music adds to the charm.... and the game play deserves a standing ovation....if only they had more outdoor running rather than so many interior levels..

I've been playing this game for 2 nights - completed 7 chapters....yes i died a lot of times - but it takes some patience before you start hitting all the right scores....

edit: just finished it...good game...its a keeper...kudos to EA for an innovate platformer....i wish they make more sequels on this game...

i got it it running good on my pc

timetrial mode is there

physx is good but nothing related to game play changes if played with out it

the game is good but very short

Playing second time, i beat this game in 4 hours straight :) love this game...since i didn't have to waste time figuring out the puzzles, the 'flow' was immense - really fast faced game...kudos to EA and DICE....

Hope this is a start of a franchise...can't wait for more such games to come...

^^ me too started my run :)

You are absolutely right. The way to enjoy this game is doing what you do best: run. Run past the police. Run past the puzzles. Gather speed... jump, roll, slide and run more. :eek:hyeah:

Nice game but me not liking the police. They break my thrill of running :(

Mirror's Edge Third Person View

This simple hack enable third person view in Mirror's Edge.

Go to "Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config\" open the file "TDInput" with notepad. Add this line to the "bindings" list:

Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FreeFlightCamera",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

then press F4 a few times!.

Source & Screenshots

Sorry to bump an old thread. :p

Started the game sometime back and BOY it sure is awesome. I really wish the game had a 3rd person view by default. Would've been so much fun using the X360 controller. The soundtracks are awesome and so is the fast paced gameplay combined with the parkour plus the animated cutscenes. This one doesn't feel like a conventional shooter though and I think it is best played by escaping the cops and running across the buildings, jumping, rolling and getting the best out of the environment.

Missed this title before since I did not have an internet connection at that time and was out of touch from the scene. Never knew a timed PC release was due later.

^Yeah I noticed that from the progress thread. :p

How long did it take you for the completion? Seems like this is a short game?

This is the only game in which the falling from a certain height made me a bit nauseous. The whole sound effect just made it that much more realistic. :(

Completed the game yesterday. It was a lot of fun but I'd have definitely loved it more had the game been in the 3rd person mode. Playing it with the X360 controller would have been the best part then. The soundtracks during the chase sequences and closing credits were totally brilliant! It took me a little more than 5 hours for completion since I used to do a lot of trial and error with the routes (ofc pressing left-alt was there to find the route but nonetheless) and at times Faith could pick up a different route thanks to a bug! The ending was pretty quick though. I expected a boss battle sorts but nvm. :p

As much as Aman does, I seriously wish there was a sequel for the game. Seems like EA has ditched the plans for a sequel for the time being! :(

Didn't you think the last level's platforming was a biatch? :p

And until BF3 is released DICE will not work on a sequel for this one, but well, a buy can dream :D

^Oh Aman your dreams I tell ya! One just got answered. :p

Platforming was indeed a bit hard. In some cases, it left me flummoxed when I couldn't figure out how to scale that particular level. Then eventually figured it out. I wish Faith was a bit faster though. Parkour movements happen in a jiffy!

Gannu said:
^Oh Aman your dreams I tell ya! One just got answered. :p

329.jpg

Gannu said:
Platforming was indeed a bit hard. In some cases, it left me flummoxed when I couldn't figure out how to scale that particular level. Then eventually figured it out. I wish Faith was a bit faster though. Parkour movements happen in a jiffy!
Yeah i thought so too.

(and in my previous post buy would be boy, lame typo :( )

Back