Mirrors Edge - Discussion Thread

For those who need the legit copy of the game & reside in Mumbai, it's available at Alfa for Rs.800. My friend just picked up his copy. DAM! :)

Someone asked me to do a mini-review of this game in the screenshots thread, so I thought I would post up a few thoughts.

I don't like this game much :S

The fast and furious parkour is hindered by irritating jumping puzzles and unnecessary combat.

It could really have been much better than this. The graphics are excellent and I like how they have used the first person view. When you vault off a building, land on a roof and do a roll to absorb the impact, it almost feels like you are doing it in real life. This however does get nauseous (at least in my case it did) after a couple of hours of play. Or maybe it was the fact that I was playing at 3 a.m. and had consumed 5 cups of coffee by then :p

I can't tell you guys about the PhysX stuff though, since I have a 4870.

Minor irritations include a checkpoint save system instead of allowing the player to save when he wants. So when you try a particularly ambitious jump and plummet to your death, you're taken back to a spot that you were in 5 minutes ago :mad:

Also when you jump and grab a ledge, you get a face full of white wall to stare at, which temporarily blinded this poor gamer's already quite strained eyes :)

Also the world is WHITE. I mean it's the whitest and cleanest world I have ever seen. I don't know how such a white and clean world could be dystopian, I would love to live in such a place :bleh:

I've not yet finished it, so I won't give it a rating. So far it's been a bit of a mixed bag; the free running is exhilarating, but the combat and puzzles are a bit frustrating.

about physx and ati users i have something to say as an nvidia user....

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah... hahahahahahahahahahahaa... hahahahahah

aha

aha

aaahh HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

i remember the good ol' days

"your nvidia cannot compare to our ati's because we can do HDR and AA at the same time"

i guess the tables turned now huh

XD

arun_rulezzz said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah... hahahahahahahahahahahaa... hahahahahah
aha
aha
aaahh HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

"you're nvidia cannot compare to our ati's because we can do HDR and AA at the same time"

XD

Bah the physx stuff is some billowing banners on the rooftops.. Not a big loss as far as I am concerned :bleh:

arun_rulezzz said:

:rofl:

"you're nvidia cannot compare to our ati's because we can do HDR and AA at the same time"

XD

man !! u can atleast try to place that ah ha huh ha huh..with somehing like :rofl:

i really had high expectations of this game.. and they came crashing down just like the female protagonist you play as. you fall and die so many times in this game its not funny! i guess it'll be fun playing it the second time around but as of now i think this game is more frustration and less fun.
as for the port, its a brilliant console to pc port compared to the other crappy ports we've been seeing lately with faster load times and sharper textures, and the added physx give the pc version... *cough*.. nvidia card owners a +1 without affecting the framerates much. i did have a few crashes while playing the game with physx enabled until i downloaded the latest nvidia drivers from their website.

@ prabs, you do have a time trial mode in the pc version too.

Mirror's Edge PhysX Patch

Mirror's Edge PhysX Patch

As some of you may already know EA have released a patch for Mirror's Edge this updates the game to 1.0.1.

The patch has been released to fix some issues with PhysX features within the game, the patch comes in 2 different versions; for the game in Asia and an International release.

For more information and download links please check the offical Mirror's Edge Site.

Re: Mirror's Edge PhysX Patch

thegamerulez said:
now how do I verify which version I am using? :D

That's simple. Just right click on the main mirrorsedge.exe file & click on Properties. Select the version tab on the top & you'll get the exact detail. If you haven't patched it at all then the default would be V.1.0.0, I'd assume.

^ actually i am talking about the 2 different versions : Asian/ International. How will i know which version i dow...... have :D

thegamerulez said:
^ actually i am talking about the 2 different versions : Asian/ International. How will i know which version i dow...... have :D

Assuming you have downloaded the game, then it's an International copy. If you have bought it legally in India than chanced are you might have got the Asian copy.

Back