Android MiUi is not bad at all!!

Recently bought a Xiaomi K20 Pro imported from India. It is a VERY GOOD phone for the price.
I don't understand anything about SoC, GPU etc, but SD 855 is a real good performer ( though I don't play video games at all, except chess) for normal usage. I was more than satisfied with the hardware in the phone, including the cameras.
However the software ( MiUi 12) was a completely different story. My experience with recent Android was restricted to Samsung and OnePlus only.
5T was really snappy, A50 was a POS, Note 10 lite is average ( the S pen stuff is brilliant)
I've used a Pixel 4 briefly and was familiar with what Google does with Android.
Now this MiUi thing was completely different, settings menu was different, has an iOS like control center and there were 2 apps for email, gallery, file manager etc.etc. Even the launcher was completely different looking.
So went with custom ROMs. The Pixel Experience and Bliss ROMs were more like typical Android.
However there were some issues with audio and on screen fingerprint scanner ( I tried the very popular Evolution X ROM too, it has the same issues)
After trying them for weeks flashed the stock ROM and decided to debloat the annoyances.
Now after 10 days or so, I'm finding really useful nifty little features in MiUi. The call recording function works great, The app switching and other gestures work perfectly. The camera is definitely better than ANX and the audio is great again.
The control centre finally working like iOS ( I'm more familiar with ios, used it from 4s to 8)
The battery life is fantastic ( it's definitely better with custom ROMs I tried, most importantly, it doesn't need disabling anything and messing up with kernels etc to get a decent battery life)
I've not seen a single ad yet, the annoying wallpaper carousel and weird app scanning before installation is gone. And the fingerprint works flawlessly.. basically I have not being able to find a single flaw in the phone now and easily getting 8 or more hours of screen on time.
All it needed was a careful initial setup. I didn't even install 5 apps from playstore, the stock ROM has everything I need.
Thank you Xiaomi!!
I have the same phone. Excellent value for the price. DAC is more than decent IMO. I'm on Evo X currently and oh boy is the fingerprint scanning f'd up. Audio glitches too, yes -- sudden pops. Is debloated MiUI actually that much better than a slightly buggy custom ROM? (vis a vis fingerprint at least?) I didn't hate it but some things really bothered me. Like every time you set your wallpaper it takes you to some wallpaper store.

IMHO, yes...a de-bloated MiUi ROM is better than those custom ROMs. I'm using Nova launcher with it ( Nova launcher in all phones to give them a unified look and feel)
Nova ftw! I got it for Rs. 10 on a special offer. I bought it for all family members

I have the same phone. Excellent value for the price. DAC is more than decent IMO. I'm on Evo X currently and oh boy is the fingerprint scanning f'd up. Audio glitches too, yes -- sudden pops. Is debloated MiUI actually that much better than a slightly buggy custom ROM? (vis a vis fingerprint at least?) I didn't hate it but some things really bothered me. Like every time you set your wallpaper it takes you to some wallpaper store.
Try pixel experience rom, best I have used. For fingerprint issue, use immensity kernal losfod which was faster during my testing

Have tried quite a few roms, but at the end always fall back to miui eu

I prefer the Szaki Tool over running commands on ADB as it keeps a list of all the apps one uninstalls or disables and one can reinstall on enable them if one runs into problems.
The way I did it was I checked the lists available online for what's safe or not and for the apps I didn't find in the lists, I just searched online with the app name as to what it does and can I remove it or not.
That's exactly what I need to do now
Uninstalled apps Part 1

1605063106102.png

Uninstalled Apps Part 2
1605063161042.png

Disabled App: (Could not uninstall it)
1605063198977.png

Apps installed currently as I use them:

1605063228670.png

No increase in performance, hoping for battery usage to go down :)
But i have debloated all unnecessary system apps also , everything gone except whose removal gives bootloop
Kuduku those system apps apparently cannot be disabled/uninstalled from "Method 1" I guess I will also learn method 2 later.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I need to do now
Uninstalled apps Part 1

Uninstalled Apps Part 2

Disabled App: (Could not uninstall it)

Apps installed currently as I use them:

No increase in performance, hoping for battery usage to go down :)

Kuduku those system apps apparently cannot be disabled/uninstalled from "Method 1" I guess I will also learn method 2 later.
Its better to setup ADB as such . Try after setting up ADB

Back