Mobikwik data breach - personal data of 3.5 million users up for sale on dark web

After the whole WhatsApp privacy issue I read a article dealing on privacy and other apps like Signal and Telegram since they were aggressively marketed. The writer said something like "even if WhatsApp doesn't have a good privacy structure and you use their competing apps like Signal and Telegram then you would be giving those other companies/apps your data and basically more companies would have access to your data. Things won't be as easy as we thought."
I feel like this situation is similar to that one.

RBI orders Mobikwik to undertake forensic audit over data breach

Hacker claims to have deleted MobiKwik users' data; security researchers cautious​

RBI orders Mobikwik to undertake forensic audit over data breach

Hacker claims to have deleted MobiKwik users' data; security researchers cautious​

Ofcourse he deleted... after taking a backup.

Uh...huh

mobikwik download.png

RBI asks Mobikwick to do an independent audit, but I feel its going to do nothing.
do you think India has credible security firms ,and even if they flag the vulnerabilities there is reluctance to fix the issue.

Tor link for the compromised stuff:

http://mobikwikoonux37wauz6oqymshuv...sZSbjIae4-JzFlKyHY-f7Bi84Jcle2kVP1j__Blt8g_aI

Use Tor.

Thankfully I never did my KYC with them. But my email, phone, bank account details are visible.
Where can you see your details? If it was in the US the senate and the media would have nailed them.
Update- The onion link now says this

All Mobikwik data is deleted on our servers. All users safe!​

You'll believe our claim when you don't see any statistical raise in misuse of Indian KYC data linked to Mobikwik accounts in next one year or so.

What is going on? On which forums were they selling the data?

Where can you see your details? If it was in the US the senate and the media would have nailed them.

You'll believe our claim when you don't see any statistical raise in misuse of Indian KYC data linked to Mobikwik accounts in next one year or so.

Yeah, it is there on many dark web sites, being sold for close to $10,000.

After the whole WhatsApp privacy issue I read a article dealing on privacy and other apps like Signal and Telegram since they were aggressively marketed. The writer said something like "even if WhatsApp doesn't have a good privacy structure and you use their competing apps like Signal and Telegram then you would be giving those other companies/apps your data and basically more companies would have access to your data. Things won't be as easy as we thought."
I feel like this situation is similar to that one.
With telegram sure, but the problem of data being stored on aces other than your device is a non-issue for Signal. Plus it's an open source app so you're more than welcome to check the code yourself/get it checked by others. Imo it's a very very robust system, and their privacy is so good that it actually increases the time required to send messages if one has a slower device. A friend of mine uses a low end Redmi with a 400 or 300 series snapdragon and it takes at least 4-5 seconds+ to send the message, while his laptop is able to send it instantaneously (and my phone with sd675 as well). It's because their encryption is pretty robust and practically impossible to compromise.

Aren't there websites like exploit.in where stuff like these get sold? If i recall, apparently the cd projekt red source codes which got stolen were sold on there or something

Try With RaidForum and list will keep expanding

Have you heard of onion sites/servers?
And before you ask, no one is going to tell you how to access the specific areas even if they know. That's the whole point. Smh
It is unwise to make assumptions about people one doesn't know :)

Back