mobile advice

how..do u think..its near his budget..his budget is 12 k..dude..but may be he can stretch..till 14-15.k...i dont think..he is willing to go for 17k...

so Safin..i suggest u better go ..for..a 6270..without thinking.much now..and getting more confused...i am sure..u wont have any probs with..the 6270...but please please dont get the 6280 !!

and regarding..less softwares for ..6270..i think..u dont even need ...much..softwares..as the music player and media..player..tht it has built in..is more than enough...

and comparing.. the 3250 music phone.with 6270..i think...the 6270..looks..more like a music..phone to me with all tht dual spkrs..and good sound quality..hi -volume !!

and if u see the spkr...of 3250.. it is not tht good.. and also the sound qauality is same as 6270..and it does not even support custom. equaliser..like 6270 (so u have to use the pre -set )....

so looking..at all this ..i think..the 6270..is the best one for u !

3250 does support custom equalizer.
As far as web browser is concerned you can always use opera which has small screen rendering and thus eliminates the need of scrolling horizontally.
6270 has a big screen but the inbuilt browser is junk. It cannot even open simple html pages.

for 6270 i need two clarifications :p

1) how good is the slider. i hpe that doesn't break apart.

2) is there a pdf read functionality in that(via software?). i would want to read some books rather than listen to music :)

3) what about the web browse itself. the hori scroll prob?

while person to person opinion differs, its still worth mentioning that on mouthshut hardly 50% who bought say they will recco this

Read Reviews on Nokia 6270 - MouthShut.com

eerm sorry abt N72 suggestion...y did I think you wre willing to spend 14k or so....confused with another thread lol

Safin said:
for 6270 i need two clarifications :p
1) how good is the slider. i hpe that doesn't break apart.
2) is there a pdf read functionality in that(via software?). i would want to read some books rather than listen to music :)
3) what about the web browse itself. the hori scroll prob?

while person to person opinion differs, its still worth mentioning that on mouthshut hardly 50% who bought say they will recco this
Read Reviews on Nokia 6270 - MouthShut.com

1)i have the phone..and there's not much problem..with the slider.if u use it properly...and just dont let each and every one..slide it up and down ( ya ppl do tht..and i get irritated..and like tell them its not a TOY !!).....if are getting it wid warranty..good..cauz once in 4-5 mnths the slider may get little loose..but tht will be fixed in mins..by the service centre ppl for free !!

2) and 3)...i dnt have much info... on this !

1. Although there isnt that big a slider problem that the phone would break, but some phones have had a loose slider panel, so i would suggest that you check the slider when u buy the phone, make sure it isnt too loose

2. I am afraid that there isnt any pdf reader based on java to be used on 6270 as yet

3. The hori problem would be there, and you cant install opera as it isnt symbian

Well i do not think any pdf reader comes for 6270
but in symbian phones it is available.(came with my phone)
Also there is quickoffice . That can read .Doc
also you can read isilo and mobipocket reader format ebooks.

What about nokia e50 for 14k?
Qvga screen
9.1 os
15mm thin (really amazing)
1.3 mp camera .
I think "quickoffice" comes preloaded on it.
Saw the phone and was really suprised. It is very sleek and slim . And even has an ok keyboard for thin phone.

an offer in Indiatimes today.

imate sp3i is going for 9k. How good is that? the features look great. Plus reviews aren't too bad. Although have seen some people on cnet saying the joystick falls apart.

i-mate SP3i - Full phone specifications

iMate SP3i Smartphone Review

the only prob it seems is that at the bottom it says "works on limited networks." now thats quite a dampner. what networks is it supporting in India.. any ideas?

Networks GSM 900, 1800, 1900

well in India GSM 900 works so no problem on that part.. dunno about the joystick problem.. but the screen is 65k with 176 resolution which i low.. the 6270 has a 240*320 resolution which is far better...
+ its very old model.. has a VGA cam :(
also it has windows mobile 2003 whereas i think most new phones come with 2005 version..

Safin, just saw this thread...from what i assess, your needs are well served by a decent Symbian phone, but better served by a Windows mobile phone.....

the ipaq 6365 is a decent phone given it has wi-fi along with the usual suspects GSM (of course) and BT....my fiancee uses one and is happy with it...however, the cam quality is sucky and the stability is no better than Win 98

However, the newer iteration of the ipaq (ipaq 65xx) is apparently more stable and has a built in GPS module (though no wi-fi, but there are wi-fi SD cards available for it for ~1.5K. and it has 2 memory card slots so you can use one for an extra card, and the other for the wi-fi SD card)

I saw the ipaq 65xx (6510 IIRC) for 17K here in chennai and was quite impressed by it, and given the fact that detailed GPS maps for India should be available soon, it may be justthe perfect buy for you

another vote for 6270.
i am proud owner of it. no problem of slider at all. using it since 5 months.
and main purpose i took this for net on my laptop with airtel EDGE.
getting 20-35kbps download speed and happy with that. it shows 460kbps connection :)
daily download songs, movies (that is 4-5 nights job) and 5 rs a day is not bad at all with airtel. only thing you get good speed after 10pm only.

music is little low quality compare to sony w810i when played on speakers. but with headphones its fine. i dont use camera as i already have sony W5.
i tried photo with this as well but i didnt like it as i always use w5.
still good quality photo compare to others but only if you take it in daylight. and your hand must be steady.... what can you expect from phone cam.

wallpapers, themes, screensaver, music and all is avaliable for this. i have good collection of it. do me know if you want. i can Zip and send it to you once you buy this. sexy clarity of screen. i love keypad of this phone.:hap2:

dis -
No PDF support. no even application i could find.
No cover avaliable...:bleh: i have never covered soem plastic or somethig for my any of the phone.

rest your choice..

I've the 6680 (which you'd know is the same as 6681 but for an additional front cam)...and doing multiple tasks on it has never been a problem for me..But then again, I always have the lastest firmware.. ;)

Coming to the original question, the need is for a big-screen 12K handset, hence the suggestion.. ;)

Cheers!!

Back