Mobile Phone - 7/8k

Hello guys,

Soi sold my old phones finally and I need a new phone.
Budge: 7/8k - could possibly go up but preferably not.

All I need the phone is to access the Internet, twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and maybe Viber (least important).

I don't care what operating system it is and I don't really care about any other features,if it runs the above fine enough, that's good.

Bring on the suggestions.

Thanks,
Crazysah

I would suggest you go for Karbonn A9. You can get one for 8.8 at tradus or adexmart. Or get Karbonn a7 for 7.5K. Or wait for a week and spice is also launching a superb phone for abou 8k with mouthwatering specs.

LG E3 is not that good.
Get the HTC Explorer for ~8k. Thats still the best buy among regular brands in that price range.
Though the processor is just 600MHz its better than the 800MHz in L3 since its a Cortex A5. The GPU is also clocked higher in the Explorer. It also has a higher resolution HVGA screen.

Why isn't the LG E3 any good?
And Nokia 500? Is that good?

The LG E3 has a low resolution screen in comparison to the explorer.
And I would recommend android over nokia for your requirement of internet.

Please post the reason why you dont like the explorer?

Other options would be a LG optimus Net in similar price range, but HTC explorer has a much powerful CPU.

The LG E3 has a low resolution screen in comparison to the explorer.
And I would recommend android over nokia for your requirement of internet.

Please post the reason why you dont like the explorer?

Other options would be a LG optimus Net in similar price range, but HTC explorer has a much powerful CPU.

I do like the Explorer but if I can get a similarly good Nokia for slightly cheaper or something cheapr that is almost as good, I'll be happy, since I'm not in India for most of the year.

I do like the Explorer but if I can get a similarly good Nokia for slightly cheaper or something cheapr that is almost as good, I'll be happy, since I'm not in India for most of the year.

Since not India? can you elaborate this?

Basically the requirement of Internet browsing on a mobile tilts the things in favour of android, if you can give that up buy any of the nokia's you like.
Ensure you get a Nokia with capacitive touch screen and also the Nokia's in this price range skip a GPU, so limited game support.

Since not India? can you elaborate this?

Basically the requirement of Internet browsing on a mobile tilts the things in favour of android, if you can give that up buy any of the nokia's you like.
Ensure you get a Nokia with capacitive touch screen and also the Nokia's in this price range skip a GPU, so limited game support.

I do not need the phone for gaming at all. I just need it for basic checking of stuff on google and twitter mainly and whatsapp.

How is the new Nokia Asha range? The Nokia Asha 311?

^ Its still available for Rs. 7,653 on Homeshop18. Coupon code for Rs. 7386 got expired.
Apply coupon code DCVA3AEP59NP if you want to buy it for Rs. 7,653.

Edit: Just checked, the phone is out of stock.

Back