All OS Mobile skins

Hi,

There are two types of mobile skins in the market clear and colored/custom one's. Both usually come with 360 degree protection. The clear one has the screen protector included too. The application is done using a hair dryer (for the colored/custom one's but can be used for the clear one too) or using a soap solution (only for the clear one). Gadgetshieldz used to be the best, the price was way too high but the product was fine. Their products used to be installed using a soap solution like this-

If one lets it dry naturally then all bubbles used to vanish, trust me.

Now Gadgetshieldz has become shit. Their customer support don't reply. They sent wrong sizes, many times, to my friends and they were never taken back. They usually are interested in the colored/custom skins of the popular models nowadays and are ignoring the less sold phones.

Is there any similar website which provides the clear 360 degree protection skin+skin protector, which can be installed using a soap solution? Another reason for going with a soap solution one is because they are more durable. Google ppf clear skins for vehicles. Yes dryer is used but only to fasten the dry process or for the edges which can be tricky.

Thanks

Though I used gadgetshieldz to laminate my Nokia 7 plus, I would say it won't be that accurate to say that it offers 360 protection. If you dropped it accidently and got some cracks then the laminated sheet won't be able to protect it. Hence I used it with a case and it used to work fine untill it started damaging the internals as it didn't allow the heat to dissipate while charging, hence I removed it last year So even if they keeps your phone minty, it comes at a cost of internal damage to your phone, especially how fast chargers are becoming more fast and generate more heat. I laminated both front and back(stupid, I know) and that further heated my phone.
Regarding alternatives, no idea. Gadget was the best, tbh. But after the experience, I decided to stick with normal cases which offers protection.
I have https://glazedinc.com in mind, but its for tempered glass. And this is far better alternative as it's case friendly, meaning you can remove the case while charging so no heating issue.
Regarding other skins, I have no idea. I know Dbrand is one such brand which makes good product but they don't sell it in India.

The problem with cases is that unless you have metal or glass back, you would inevitably end up with scratches. Over time as dirt and dust go in, the scratches multiply. Gadget gives protection against such scratches. It isn't meant to protect against drops and I doubt anything short of an armour can guarantee 100% protection against those.
I have had great experience with them and once properly applied they last really long. Yes their customer care takes pretty long to respond but, for me, the experience with their product and delivery has been excellent so far.
No idea about the heat and fast charging aspect for I have never faced those issues. I have a Samsung M51 and LG G8x both of which are protected by Gadgetshield.

Last edited:
Though I used gadgetshieldz to laminate my Nokia 7 plus, I would say it won't be that accurate to say that it offers 360 protection. If you dropped it accidently and got some cracks then the laminated sheet won't be able to protect it. Hence I used it with a case and it used to work fine untill it started damaging the internals as it didn't allow the heat to dissipate while charging, hence I removed it last year So even if they keeps your phone minty, it comes at a cost of internal damage to your phone, especially how fast chargers are becoming more fast and generate more heat. I laminated both front and back(stupid, I know) and that further heated my phone.
Regarding alternatives, no idea. Gadget was the best, tbh. But after the experience, I decided to stick with normal cases which offers protection.
I have https://glazedinc.com in mind, but its for tempered glass. And this is far better alternative as it's case friendly, meaning you can remove the case while charging so no heating issue.
Regarding other skins, I have no idea. I know Dbrand is one such brand which makes good product but they don't sell it in India.
The one which I got from them was original cut from a 3m sheet and it was awesome, then they shifted to saint gobain and now they use cheap chinese sheets. Moreover their customer support is horrible.
The problem with cases is that unless you have metal or glass back, you would inevitably end up with scratches. Over time as dirt and dust go in, the scratches multiply. Gadget gives protection against such scratches. It isn't meant to protect against drops and I doubt anything short of an armour can guarantee 100% protection against those.
I have had great experience with them and once properly applied they last really long. Yes their customer care takes pretty long to respond but, for me, the experience with their product and delivery has been excellent so far.
No idea about the heat and fast charging aspect for I have never faced those issues. I have a Samsung M51 and LG G8x both of which are protected by Gadgetshield.
The one which I got from them was originally cut from a 3m sheet and it was awesome, then they shifted to saint gobain and now they use cheap chinese sheets. Are your phones having 360 degrees coverage protector? They are staying away from 360 degree coverage for the lower end phones.

The one which I got from them was originally cut from a 3m sheet and it was awesome, then they shifted to saint gobain and now they use cheap chinese sheets. Are your phones having 360 degrees coverage protector? They are staying away from 360 degree coverage for the lower end phones.
Gadgetshield does not sell tempered glass. They are film based protectors which need to be applied using their liquid solution or soap water. All the protectors I got had full 360 degree coverage.

The video shows only application of lamination type normal screen protector. These are easily available at any mobile shop locally.
Why not use tempered gorilla glass protection instead and snap over any fancy skin cover?

Except for armored cases I usually have such stuff installed locally.

Gadgetshield does not sell tempered glass. They are film based protectors which need to be applied using their liquid solution or soap water. All the protectors I got had full 360 degree coverage.
I never said anything about tempered glass.
Ah, they have shifted to only front and back coverage for the mid or lower end phone nowadays.

I never said anything about tempered glass.
The one which I got from them was originally cut from a 3m sheet and it was awesome, then they shifted to saint gobain and now they use cheap chinese sheets.
I thought you were referring to tempered sheets here.
Ah, they have shifted to only front and back coverage for the mid or lower end phone nowadays.
Which phone are you looking at ? I bought for Samsung M51 and the body aka back one has full protection including sides.

I thought you were referring to tempered sheets here.

Which phone are you looking at ? I bought for Samsung M51 and the body aka back one has full protection including sides.
No bhai 3m, saint gobain makes normal sheets which dbrand and gadgetshield uses, well gadgetshield used to use.
Need the same for M21 and Note 10 Lite.

No bhai 3m, saint gobain makes normal sheets which dbrand and gadgetshield uses, well gadgetshield used to use.
No idea about the source of their material before and now. I have used their protective films since the days of Asus Zenfone and I have not noticed any degradation in quality. Perhaps you know better than me, sorry.

No idea about the source of their material before and now. I have used their protective films since the days of Asus Zenfone and I have not noticed any degradation in quality. Perhaps you know better than me, sorry.
It is my field so I can vouch for the 3m one's.
Anyways any other trusted sites for skins? Not clear one's and not 3m one's will also do, if possible then the one's which can be installed by soap/shampoo solution and does not require a heat gun. I can get a clear wrap installed from the market which they install using a heat gun and it worked well with my old phone. But I don't trust the heating gun and local market hands on the phone.

Back