Mobile Under 10,000 for a girl...Should run WhatsApp

raksrules

Elite
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 10k (not a penny more)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia. But you can suggest anything else too

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen / Keypad / Anything

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Not really important.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Not Important - Should run WhatsApp..Very Very Important

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: EDGE

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls/SMS/WhatsApp

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Nothing specific.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None

Do not care about dual core and all stuff, phone is for a girl. The OS should be able to run WhatsApp as this is an important requirment.

Galaxy Y would be a terrible choice for a girl given its cheap build and lacklustre looks.I would recommend the HTC Explorer as looks slick and for it possesses the ultra-intuitive Sense UI.That would mean an excellent out of the box experience.Exactly what you're looking for.

Cant agree more. The screen and other hardware on the Galaxy Y is pathetic! For just 1-1.5k more you can get a much better phone in the form of the HTC Explorer (costs 7799 with coupon on tradus and 7999 on sulekha). Better screen, better camera, better processor, better UI, better build quality, etc.

If you are torn between the Explorer and Galaxy Y, close your eyes and go for the Explorer. The Galaxy Y has a very bad screen. The Explorer is nice for a girl. Team mate bought it for his wife and she is happy with it.

If you want out of box functionality and not planning to mod it why not try Nokia 500.It should run whatsapp and the symbain also looks better after the latest update.Dont

go for Galaxy Y,the only good thing about it is it runs android.Why not wait for the nokia lumia 610,it shoud be around your budget and windows mobile 7 looks lot cooler.

#[member='djmykey']

Yes i am now torn between these two only and have told her to buy the explorer. Took some convincing as she had never heard of HTC and was trusting samsung blindly because of the brand name. I do not blame her as she has very very little information about tech products. On top of that some friend of her told her that "HTC khud kuch nahi banati...sab assemble karti hai".

And i am sure the person who told this to her know sh#[member='T R Bhavsar']about mobile phones or anything related to technology.

Now can anyone tell me where do buy the phone from ? Where to get it cheapest for ?

Is it sulekha ? I see around 8K AFTER some FB discount. I am bit confused about this.Flipkart is expensive.

If you want out of box functionality and not planning to mod it why not try Nokia 500.It should run whatsapp and the symbain also looks better after the latest update.Dont go for Galaxy Y,the

only good thing about it is it runs android.why not wait for the nokia lumia 610,it shoud be around your budget.

She cannot wait, thats the problem
<

Moreover she does not even want me to get it online even if i get it cheap and wants to buy from store.
<

OMG!!! #raksrules You have got a Gr8 Girl
ohyeah.gif

On a side note, get an Explorer.

Lol she is not my wife but my wife's sister and she is in India and i in US so i cannot even do much about this, only thing i can do is explain her over the phone about pros and cons of the phones.
<

Anyways she will be getting an explorer and mostly i will buy online. Just not sure from where.

Lol she is not my wife but my wife's sister and she is in India and i in US so i cannot even do much about this, only thing i can do is explain her over the phone about pros and cons of the phones.
happy19.gif

Anyways she will be getting an explorer and mostly i will buy online. Just not sure from where.

I was gonna say that but you beat me to it.

Tell her one thing. Go to a shop and try to get a demo of both the handset. I can say for sure once the sees the screen it self she will be sold on the Explorer. Y's screen looks very very bad and washed out.

#[member='raksrules'], Oops they have changed the terms to use the coupon
mad44.gif
and its no longer valid. Now the price is Rs.7999/-. Sorry
<

tradus-logo-gvpop.gif

gvpop-top.gif

Gift Voucher is NOT applicable on following category(ies):

• Gift Vouchers.
  • Mobiles & Accessories.
  • Hard Disk Drives.
  • Pen Drives.

gvpop-bot.gif

Agreed.Have seen the sub 10k Sammies(Galaxy fit,pop etc) and their screens are pathetic to say the least .Convinced one of my colleagues to get the HTC Explorer.It is much better than the Sammies in almost every aspect expect for the camera is 3.2 MP whereas the Galaxy Fit has a 5 MP.

Back