Mobile Under 10,000 for a girl...Should run WhatsApp

raksrules

Elite
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 10k (not a penny more)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia. But you can suggest anything else too

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen / Keypad / Anything

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Not really important.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Not Important - Should run WhatsApp..Very Very Important

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: EDGE

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls/SMS/WhatsApp

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Nothing specific.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None

Do not care about dual core and all stuff, phone is for a girl. The OS should be able to run WhatsApp as this is an important requirment.

+1 for Nokia E5. Since her only main requirement is Whatsapp, she'll like the QWERTY keypad better than touch screen.

If she really wants a touch screen phone, then HTC Explorer is nice.

Alternatively, though I wouldn't personally suggest, she can get a BB Curve 8520. It doesn't have 3G and BB plans will be costly. But most girls love to show off a BB and chat on BBM.
<

I considered HTC Explorer in the begining but later increased the budget so I got the SE Live With Walkman for 15k (grossly overpriced, I know)

So below 10k: HTC Explorer ~8k

Above 10k: SE Live with Walkman is the best at ~13k

Dont go with Xperia Mini, I remember users complaining about it.

Ok got some opinions on the suggestions here.

Nokia E5 is out as QWERTY hardware keys are not something she is interested in.

I need to know how is Samsung Galaxy Y.

Please remember that we shall never be using any custom ROM and phone will always run on stock ROM. Absolutely no tinkering with the phone shall be done.

So good out of box functionality is required.

In that case, the HTC Explorer would be perfect. Nice phone for a girl. It has a higher resolution than the Galaxy Y. Also HTC generally has better stock roms.

But how would be Galaxy Y. We can save like 2 K over the explorer and resolution wont be really an issue. All she wants it that it should run WhatsApp and on screen QWERTY is fine (but not in hardware keys).

But how would be Galaxy Y. We can save like 2 K over the explorer and resolution wont be really an issue. All she wants it that it should run WhatsApp and on screen QWERTY is fine (but not in hardware keys).

Take her to a nearest store(eg Croma) where you can get demo pieces, let her get a feel how both look and work then tell her to make a choice if budget is not a problem.

Otherwise she could make things hard for you later on if she doesn't like it when it comes out of the box.
<

Do update here whatever you finally get for her.
<

Galaxy Y would be a terrible choice for a girl given its cheap build and lacklustre looks.I would recommend the HTC Explorer as looks slick and for it possesses the ultra-intuitive Sense UI.That would mean an excellent out of the box experience.Exactly what you're looking for.

A friend also needs to buy a phone under 10k and she doesnt know what to look for

The common thing is whatsapp

i have suggested her galaxy y duos, htc explorer,

hows sony live with walkman? galaxy fit ? galaxy ace ? any other choice ?

Back