Mobo for Ryzen 3700X - Future Proofing

Can you please share a single benchmark where 3700x beats i7 10700?
Tbh 10700 even comes with an inbuilt gpu.
Also, Idk how does para phrasing conjecture and voicing personal opinions work against an evidence of simple, clear numbers.

Lastly I have used the b450 pro carbon AC myself and I wouldnt suggest that mobo to my worst enemy.
Its pci circuitry is a joke. And those vrms are just as capable as that of a b550m pro vdh. The Nahimic audio software sucks major b**ls.
And who can forget the lame 16mb bios chip its rocking.

Also abt the msi service, etc. I admit that Rahul is a super helpful guy but even he cannot guarantee a b550 replacement in the current situation.
Please look at this review and read the last lines for its recommendation:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/review/2030-intel-core-i7-10700k/

MSI service history went from bad to worse in India and I almost lost hopes in March when I sent the Mobo for RMA and quoted the same in Reddit and out of now where MSI Reddit rep came forward and helped me get a replacement mobo quickly and I informed about the same in both the forums ie TE and Digit where I was before informed and warned that MSI service have gotten worse while I bought a MSI mobo.
So I informed about the MSI reddit rep who is helping everybody get replacements.

PS: I am writing this essay only to convey that though MSI service history became worse it rectified by taking some measures where by it got back the end users confidence back by helping them in RMA as such.

This is where Intel lost its end users confidence by looting the customers year after year by releasing the same processors by renaming them as "refresh" processors.

I am neither smart nor intelligent because all my grades are below average but I read reviews and listen to several YouTube videos before taking a decision while buying PC components.

You could have just messaged me dude. I have msi India tech reps in our whatsapp group. Would have gotten you a replacement without all that hassle.

Please look at this review and read the last lines for its recommendation:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/review/2030-intel-core-i7-10700k/

Those are American prices. They hold no value when buying something in India.
With the inbuilt gpu, cheaper mobos, better performance, and lower tdp. Intel i7 > Amd for someone building a full system.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry man
I didn't know that you can get me a replacement
From next time I will definitely ask you by sending you a PM
Thanks anyways.
Sure thing mate. Hit me up anytime for anything msi.

Those are American prices. They hold no value when buying something in India.
With the inbuilt gpu, cheaper mobos, better performance, and lower tdp. Intel i7 > Amd for someone building a full system.
US prices are cheaper compared with Indian prices right because of our customs duties likewise and one needs to buy an aftermarket cooler for the processor which makes it even more costly in Indian scenario right.

But as you say its suited for some while AMD is suited for most nowadays.

US prices are cheaper compared with Indian prices right because of our customs duties likewise and one needs to buy an aftermarket cooler for the processor which makes it even more costly in Indian scenario right.

But as you say its suited for some while AMD is suited for most nowadays.

Now that cooler bit is something I wholeheartedly agree with. Intel definitely needs to up its game in that department.

I would also recommend Gigabyte B550Auros Elite/B550 Auros Pro if you can stretch your budget 1-3k depending and those have better VRMs.
Check the other forum thread with title B550 board discussion and there you can find the VRM list.

Lastly I have used the b450 pro carbon AC myself and I wouldnt suggest that mobo to my worst enemy.
Its pci circuitry is a joke. And those vrms are just as capable as that of a b550m pro vdh. The Nahimic audio software sucks major b**ls.
And who can forget the lame 16mb bios chip its rocking.

Just curious why you say the pci circuitry of this board is a joke? What exactly is the issue?

I agree about motherboard software - I never install it and also the bios issue. But never heard of pci issues.

Anyways the best board for AMD right now is the x570 tomahawk.
Also there is a small difference between the b550 pro vdh and carbon - the latter has 2 chokes per phase while b550 pro vdh/b450 tomahawk has 1. Plus the carbon has bigger vrm heatsinks.

Just curious why you say the pci circuitry of this board is a joke? What exactly is the issue?

I agree about motherboard software - I never install it and also the bios issue. But never heard of pci issues.

Anyways the best board for AMD right now is the x570 tomahawk.
Also there is a small difference between the b550 pro vdh and carbon - the latter has 2 chokes per phase while b550 pro vdh/b450 tomahawk has 1. Plus the carbon has bigger vrm heatsinks.

73200D5C-FE83-4952-877F-431FB77C1462.png

080D0AF6-F75E-4D89-A9E8-9143505B6545.png

Hopefully this explains what I mean.
And doublers are not as effective as they might sound. Lastly the size of heatsink doesn't make much sense when its just a blob with barely any surface area.

Last edited:
Thats not the point mate. The point is why offer so many pci slots which wouldnt have worked with neither zen, zen+, just to jack up the price.
For the price it commanded a person could have added 1-2k and gone with x470. Thats why it never got much attention unlike tomahawk.

Thats not the point mate. The point is why offer so many pci slots which wouldnt have worked with neither zen, zen+, just to jack up the price.
For the price it commanded a person could have added 1-2k and gone with x470. Thats why it never got much attention unlike tomahawk.

The pci slots are all usable if you don't use the second m.2 slot. The link from the cpu to chipset is pci-e 3.0 x4 for ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx. That's it - irrespective of whether one is using an x470 or b450. Entry level x470 boards will be worse as they will have horrible realtek lan and bad audio codecs plus no wifi.

I appreciate all the discussion but it certainly did not help me making a choice.
I could save some bucks getting a B550 vs a X570 but if they are both almost the same price, should I be getting a X570??

Options that I could deduce -
1. MSI Tomahawk X570 Wifi
2. Asus TUF Gaming B550m/B550/X570 Wifi
3. Gigabyte Aorus Pro/Ultra

Now out of all these, main thing would be which one has better vrm.

I appreciate all the discussion but it certainly did not help me making a choice.
I could save some bucks getting a B550 vs a X570 but if they are both almost the same price, should I be getting a X570??

X570 Tomahawk is the best out of that list by a fair margin. Also not super expensive as it is around 21k. It has a vrm comparable to the top end crosshair viii and gigabyte master boards that cost 35k or so.

X570 Tomahawk is the best out of that list by a fair margin. Also not super expensive as it is around 21k. It has a vrm comparable to the top end crosshair viii and gigabyte master boards that cost 35k or so.

Where do you see it @ 21k? I am getting the wifi model around 22.2k!

As much as I love MSI I would suggest going with the Asus TUF B550m wifi and saving money. Especially when the cpu in question is a 3700x.

b550m tuf.png

Last edited:
Ok so here is the pricing I am getting online -
1. MSI Tomahawk x570 - 22.2k
2. Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi - 21.2k
3. Asus B500m Wifi - 17.2k

So seems like TUF gaming wins. If there other reputable sources to check, can do that. So far I have go through amazon, prime, vedant, md, pcstudio.

Ok so here is the pricing I am getting online -
1. MSI Tomahawk x570 - 22.2k
2. Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi - 21.2k
3. Asus B500m Wifi - 17.2k

So seems like TUF gaming wins. If there other reputable sources to check, can do that. So far I have go through amazon, prime, vedant, md, pcstudio.
What is that Asus B500M WiFi?
Is it B550 or any other board, I mean new one.

Back