Monitor buying help needed. Shortlisted few

Last edited:
You should mention a budget, size, and resolution which you want.

The Vedant link is a Full-HD monitor. I wouldn't recommend a full-HD monitor beyond 22" size. The PPI is just bad and you'll want to upgrade within a year. So go for at least 2K display.

You can consider this model from LG as well: https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Resolution-Compatible-10-27GN800/dp/B09T34GSX7
Budget I want as good deal for my use (video /photo editing a bitnof gaming would be bonus) as possible...

Like I can go till 25k if It really is something like Asuspro art but very unlikely. That monitor goes for 30k and above.

That is why I asked if viewsonic is good...because it does have same specs as Asuspro art monitors but I am not sure of quality from Viewsonic.

This LG one looks good .

I don't mind going for 22inch too if it was cheap but meet my specs.

I would second what Gourav has suggested.
* IPS panel - much better for photo/video editing.
* 144hz - good for gaming you will notice a bif difference if coming from a 60hz, though the 1ms response time is doubtful but should not matter.
* 27 inch 2k ppi of 108 which is really good.
* Not sure about the HDR part though at this price level i don't think it can generate enough brightness levels but should not matter for your purposes.
* has a VESA mount. IMO it is a must for any monitors beyond 20k INR but i have seen some models which do not have this.

Now if you know someone who has a spyderx

It will make the deal even sweeter.

With a price difference of just 1k between the LG and the Lenovo
  • Refresh rate - 75 hz vs 144 hz - not sure what games you will be playing, but with FPS games the 144 hz wins hands down - LG wins.
  • Brightness - 250 vs 350 (one is in nits and the other is in cd/m2 - both are the same) - LG wins
  • Speakers - 2 x 3w vs None - Lenovo wins here but i would rather use external speakers.
  • HDMI - 1 x HDMI 1.4 vs 2 x HDMI 2.0 - LG wins
  • Display port - 1 x DP 1.2 vs 1 x DP 1.4 - LG wins
  • Screen tearing prevention : Freesync vs Freesync premium (there are some differences with the premium version having more features) , LG is also -GSYNC Compatible but does not have a G-SYNC module - not surprising at this price point. Native G-SYNC monitors would cost even more.
  • Panel type : both IPS but the Lenovo has an 8 bit panel while the LG has a 10 bit panel - LG wins
So i would definitely prefer the LG over the Lenovo unless the speakers are very important.

These are some of the differences on quick glance for more details you can visit this link LG 7GL850 vs Lenovo Q27q-1L on https://www.displayspecifications.com/.

All the best.

IMO Acer XV272U should be good for you at 25k. It has same panel as VG271U but with height adjustable stand. It has good out of the box colour calibration as well. It usually sells for ~25k. Many small sellers have Gigabyte G27Q for about 25k, another solid option:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tool...p-pbmiipx/12904/853?usage=3623&threshold=0.10

I think all monitors at such a price needs colour calibration if you want very accurate colours, that's one of the reason professional monitors like Apple studio display cost a lot.

You mean in general or while gaming?
while gaming and video editing both.

in general If I just wanted a bigger screen I would not care to invest so much on 2k (as many advice me to go for it here) .
I am just worried the main purpose I am buying 2k monitor (video editing and some time for gaming) does not turn out to be smooth experience because of my laptop specs.

also need to know--does it increase the cpu and gpu temperature if I connect with external monitor?

guys,
I have a laptop with specs 5600h and 3050 rtx 4gb.

are they enough to support a 2k external monitor 27inch?
Will it support a 1440p monitor? Yes

Can you play games at 1440p using 3050? Not the latest graphical intensive ones, but with DLSS/FSR, surely at quality mode (which is close to 1080p rendering resolution) or just make the game render at 1080p. Games like FIFA will run smoothly at 1440p.
while gaming and video editing both.

in general If I just wanted a bigger screen I would not care to invest so much on 2k (as many advice me to go for it here) .
I am just worried the main purpose I am buying 2k monitor (video editing and some time for gaming) does not turn out to be smooth experience because of my laptop specs.

also need to know--does it increase the cpu and gpu temperature if I connect with external monitor?
With ext. monitor, likely the gaming performance will see a 10% or so uplift because of direct connection to dGPU. This will result in a bit hotter CPU technically as it is pushing more fps (so more power drawn by CPU), but no major temp. rise.

Will it support a 1440p monitor? Yes

Can you play games at 1440p using 3050? Not the latest graphical intensive ones, but with DLSS/FSR, surely at quality mode (which is close to 1080p rendering resolution) or just make the game render at 1080p. Games like FIFA will run smoothly at 1440p.

With ext. monitor, likely the gaming performance will see a 10% or so uplift because of direct connection to dGPU. This will result in a bit hotter CPU technically as it is pushing more fps (so more power drawn by CPU), but no major temp. rise.
Thanks man.
This was point to point answer. I was looking for.

I do think that most games are not supporting dlss. So for gaming it might be some compromise with 2k.

For editing I believe it will be helpful with big screen .

I tried normal 4k rendering to test my laptop today . The temperature went 100c for cpu . With external display I believe most of the load will be on GPU only so guessing cpu temp might remain close to that only.

Thanks man.
This was point to point answer. I was looking for.

I do think that most games are not supporting dlss. So for gaming it might be some compromise with 2k.

For editing I believe it will be helpful with big screen .

I tried normal 4k rendering to test my laptop today . The temperature went 100c for cpu . With external display I believe most of the load will be on GPU only so guessing cpu temp might remain close to that only.
100C is not something your laptop should hit. Which laptop though?

Raise the back of the laptop to improve airflow. Also, maybe it has dust accumulated or needs a repaste. Do those steps in that order.

100C is not something your laptop should hit. Which laptop though?

Raise the back of the laptop to improve airflow. Also, maybe it has dust accumulated or needs a repaste. Do those steps in that order.
Hp victus 16.

The temp rise to 100C is only when I am rendering to 4k.

Otherwise even while gaming 75C-80C.

It is raised and we'll ventilated.

The temp rise to 100C is only when I am rendering to 4k.
If you edit 4k too, you cannot do with lower resolutions like 1080 anyway, right ? You don't have much of a choice, you need to get as high a resolution monitor you can afford. Even 2k is a compromise, but probably workable with a bit of hard work zooming and panning.

5k was invented (or used a lot) primarily to edit 4k videos : play the 4k in its full resolution and some extra pixels to render controls of the video editor.

If you edit 4k too, you cannot do with lower resolutions like 1080 anyway, right ? You don't have much of a choice, you need to get as high a resolution monitor you can afford. Even 2k is a compromise, but probably workable with a bit of hard work zooming and panning.

5k was invented (or used a lot) primarily to edit 4k videos : play the 4k in its full resolution and some extra pixels to render controls of the video editor.
I was rendering 1080p to 4k basically to test.
It was looking sharp on my laptop screen but was not smooth .

Main idea is to take 4k footage and render in 1080p or 2k.

I understand that to have full 4k system I would need lot of investment right away. Like you mentioned. So for next year or 2 will keep working on 1080p and 2k .

And since I would have raw 4k footage I can always use it later again

Back