Android Moto X Play/Style - Indian launch on Sept 15nth

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/one-plus-2-heat-issues-review.348417/

Damn thing heats up like a furnace. And then you also have the Indian climate. Put the SD810 together with Indian summer and you are effectively holding a frying pan in your hand.

Better to go for X Play or Style, even the Nexus 5 will work better here.
The thing is I'm the hottest person and I need a hot phone. Okay jokes apart. The phone heats up like furnace and I'm always feeling the heat because of the climate. But on deep analyses once the heat raises above 36c the 810 was throttled and heat raises slowly. But a simple use, the phone easily raise to 30-35c.

And one more thing, will post a detailed review of 1+2 after major OOS 2.1 update. I'm even in dilemma and will get cleared after it.

And one more thing, will post a detailed review of 1+2 after major OOS 2.1 update. I'm even in dilemma and will get cleared after it.

Seems like CM 12.1 for OP2 is out now.

Settles many of the issues with the 'Never Settle' Phone (pun intended) , also heating issues to some extent.

Try it if possible & let us know ; eagerly waiting for your detailed review.

Seems like CM 12.1 for OP2 is out now.

Settles many of the issues with the 'Never Settle' Phone (pun intended) , also heating issues to some extent.

Try it if possible & let us know ; eagerly waiting for your detailed review.
its unofficial and in beta. never tried beta on daily drivers.
actually if you thinking of 1+ for not burning a hole(price) in your pocket, it NEVER SETTLE until it burns your ***

Just wondering how the Play will make sense with a expected pricing around 20k+. Except the camera, even the year old OnePlus One has better specs allround.

its unofficial and in beta. never tried beta on daily drivers.
actually if you thinking of 1+ for not burning a hole(price) in your pocket, it NEVER SETTLE until it burns your ***

Actually my OP2 was for a delayed Rakhi gift as I had promised , I'm happy with S6 as of now, I'm watching OP2 update keenly ; will switch only if battery and overheating issues are sorted out.

My Funda is simple, if you can afford a flagship, you don't need to buy a flagship killer...

Actually my OP2 was for a delayed Rakhi gift as I had promised , I'm happy with S6 as of now, I'm watching OP2 update keenly ; will switch only if battery and overheating issues are sorted out.

My Funda is simple, if you can afford a flagship, you don't need to buy a flagship killer...
1+2 isnt a flagship killer, its indeed a 1+ killer(pun intended)
overheating can't be sorted out as its failed hardware.
and i like the way "if you can afford a flagship, you don't need to buy a flagship killer..."
i bought bcoz of unique, everyphone i have was USP on that year.
im a samsung hater but quite liking now bcoz of debloated software OS.

1+2 isnt a flagship killer, its indeed a 1+ killer(pun intended)
overheating can't be sorted out as its failed hardware.
and i like the way "if you can afford a flagship, you don't need to buy a flagship killer..."
i bought bcoz of unique, everyphone i have was USP on that year.
im a samsung hater but quite liking now bcoz of debloated software OS.

I don't believe in Samsung or Apple hater concept either , whoever makes a great phone for that year, which suits your needs Buy it. Samsung coupled Exynos Chipset with debloated software & fresh design to create a winner in S6.

We should avoid any SD 810 based phones IMHO, unfortunately that includes just announced Sony Z5 too.

Coming to OT, Moto Xplay should be Dual sim for India I hope. Should b priced below 20k. With 3630 mah battery it'd be a must buy in that range.

Dual SIM 4G + 4G, expandable memory and 3630 mAH battery are the positives. Hope the 21 MP camera is good. Moto cams have always been disappointing.

@zibalingz It is gonna be priced at 18499.. That is a decent price.

Dual SIM 4G + 4G, expandable memory and 3630 mAH battery are the positives. Hope the 21 MP camera is good. Moto cams have always been disappointing.

@zibalingz It is gonna be priced at 18499.. That is a decent price.
Reviews showing that moto changed their way and improved the camera. 20k for 32gb is good, the only drawback is 615 SoC.

Yeah moto has priced it quite well.. 2 - 3k less than European price.

Sd 615 should be able to handle day to day tasks quite well.
Though 2gb Ram is less, but higher RAM wouldn't have changed the performance much.

Which color do you think is available and better, with later availability of changeable back covers?
Black or white?

Asus Zenfone 2 with 4gb Ram is a close contender.

Awesome pricing (18.5k and 20k for 16gb and 32gb model). Good specs all round except for maybe the SOC.

Now just contemplating whether to buy this or OPO. Suggestions?

X Play does not have Gyroscope, that means no cardboard, no photosphere, no youtube 360, some games like Hungry Shark Evo will face problems. Scratched my plan for buying the X Play. Looking for something else.

Fed up with waiting of OPT invite and Ordered this to replace lenovo P780... But worried about 615 SoC performance :(

Should I wait some more time for getting OPT invite? Or this phone is fine?

Back