Android Moto X Play/Style - Indian launch on Sept 15nth

Fed up with waiting of OPT invite and Ordered this to replace lenovo P780... But worried about 615 SoC performance :(

Should I wait some more time for getting OPT invite? Or this phone is fine?
OPT has severe heating issues. U should first check that out.

Man ...no gyroscope, weak processor, average camera and a tft screen for 18.5k?

The only positives are - huge battery, expandable storage and turbo charger(sold separately*)

When will they launch the X style?!?!? Moto pls :arghh:

Man ...no gyroscope, weak processor, average camera and a tft screen for 18.5k?

The only positives are - huge battery, expandable storage and turbo charger(sold separately*)

When will they launch the X style?!?!? Moto pls :arghh:

Though nothing exciting, but it seems to be a very practical phone as a daily driver..

Price is 17k if 500 Rs bookmyshow gc & Rs 1000 Flipkart gc are taken into account. I'm mostly buying one today, scared of Oneplus two issues currently.

www.theverge.com/2015/8/31/9231201/moto-x-play-review

Can anybody please advise which one will be a better buy Moto X Play or Zenfone Selfie ?

Saw the videos of X play and it was stuttering now and then.
If i had to pick one, i would have taken up Zenfone selfie. It wouldnt have had the 'aura' of the Moto wave going on currently, but no frustrations/peace of mind is the first factor for me.

Guys, whats the final say on this, considering this for dad, he is currently on Lumia 920. He is a heavy contacts, messaging, email and outlook user. Oh, also a little bit of Whatsapp. Do you think this would be a worthy buy? The moto x (2nd gen) would be a good buy if it had a better battery life. Any other options?

Nobody here has a hands on impression. Lot of people here as well as on reddit are piling up on the SD 615, but they are based on only some online reviews. It's difficult to judge smoothness and UI performance, some people's tolerances are lot more than others, like battery life. Wait for sometime till you see it in the wild I would say.

Nobody here has a hands on impression. Lot of people here as well as on reddit are piling up on the SD 615, but they are based on only some online reviews. It's difficult to judge smoothness and UI performance, some people's tolerances are lot more than others, like battery life. Wait for sometime till you see it in the wild I would say.

615 is in mi4i aswell i believe. if that is it, then this can be bad. but motorola does optimise their software to a great extent, so i would wait for reviews to come up before making a judgement. Also don't compare hardware of different phones with motorola phones. I was surprised to see moto g 2015 perform alot better than mi4i... after owning both them.

To buy or not to buy tis' the question??!!

I ordered yesterday, let's see,
Will update here by Sunday.

You're not going to be satisfied if you're expecting flagship performance at midrange price (Something what OPO & Xiaomi made us expect). Whether it's on par with midrange of other major brands can be easily answered.

FK delivery !!! :) Will update my experience later...

twM1MZV.jpg

Last edited:
Guys in planning to buy a good selfie phone for one of my Italy tour. Currently using a note 3,thinking of getting the Asus selfie (have a general prosumer for other shots)would you recommend the moto over the Asus? Budget is an issue. Am planning to buy the 3gb version coz the 2gb is unavailable and planning to sell it after 20 days @15k. In know this is way off topic but still would you recommend this over the Asus?

Back