Android Moto X Play/Style - Indian launch on Sept 15nth

No dual sim in this..
Also no gyroscope
No dual sim, no problem for many of us. And it does have gyroscope: https://mobile.twitter.com/MotorolaSupport/status/636205395636301824

You think they would release a flagship without gyroscope?[DOUBLEPOST=1442506538][/DOUBLEPOST]This pic was taken by moto x, showing anamorphic lens effect, from Reddit:

IznD4lG.png

Last edited:
One of my friends bought it, i briefly used it for a while.
For 20K, Cam is great, battery life is good. But thats about it, display doesn't look that great, apps lag a bit (maybe M will resolve this), some high graphic games stutter on this (I tried with Asphalt 8) even temple run isnt that smooth (water slides especially), touch is not so responsive(might be screenguard).

I wounldn't suggest it for a person who wants to play some good games on mobile, but for an average user whose primary concern is running quite a few apps and good cam this is suggestable.
It is just my perspective, for me the Adreno 405 GPU (in 615) seemed like a big trade off! If it had a 420(i.e. Snapdragon 805), it would've been great.

Personally I feel most of the phones b/n 13-23k we have to settle down with a few trade offs! Any good option you guys see?

So, any word on the performance, battery etc?
battery easily one full day with at least 5+ hours screen on time with remaining battery between 20 - 30 %. This is with dual roaming sims(one is LTE)., I've not faced any lags or so.. but yes there could be a slight stuttering here and there... but nothing major or show stopper. And I'm not a gamer.. so no idea on that. Display you will feel slightly washed out if you are coming from AMOLED display :( I use note 4. I guess camera quality slightly less comparing note 4.

Thanks. If only they put the same battery on X Style. One of the more questionable decisions recently. Let's bump up the resolution and CPU power and decrease battery capacity by 600 mAh, surely that will help battery life. Having used a Nexus 4, I am really really tired of these 2-3 hours screen on time phones.

So, any word on the performance, battery etc?
Battery life is excellent easily 5 hrs SOT without any tweaking.

Phone feels light due to good weight distribution, front speaker is OK too.
Good grip.
Screen isn't great but the brightness is very good. Camera is good, but low light performance is poor.

Daily tasks SD 615 handles very well, not for serious gamers though. Android OS performance is reasonable though not snappy. My other phone is S6 which is the fastest mobile I've used. No unbearable lag or freezing issues.
Has AC wireless (5hz) capabilities, not mentioned in reviews though. Airtel 4G works properly so Lte band 40 is available.

Thanks, some people are dissing the 615 like it's literally worse than Hitler. I hope it's not like that in real life usage.

What happened to the Moto X Style launch? It was supposed to launch today on Flipkart and it's still not available.

Back