Budget Above 40k Motorola edge 30 Ultra

What is groups opinion on this phone?
I am inclined towards it

Please list all the cons about Moto phones especially from someone using a Moto Edge 30 Pro

Again, i only mentioned Ready for, as reasoning was no manpower for software development.

I want to buy Pixel or Moto for the stock experience only
It feels like Motorola is putting a lot of efforts in this model. Maybe you'll be lucky with this model.

What others and I are saying that, the software support from motorola has been very subpar in the past. If they had enough manpower then they would have provided good updates for past models. Their OS looks like Lineage OS. Even though it's stock like pixel or onePlus, it's not as polished.

200mp doesn't mean better photos. Wait for enough reviews before going ahead with the purchase.

Also 'what is stock android and what is not' is highly subjective. Some would call pixel as stock android but some would not. For me personally, stock android is overhyped and I have used Lineage for many years.

Just wait for reviews. The big billion sale lasts for almost a month.
If only top end pixel ie. Pixel 6 Pro was available locally your choice would have been simple
Pixel 6 is available at ~45k
Pixel 6 Pro is available at ~65k

Don't expect warranty. And keep hefty change ready for repairs, it's a pixel afterall.

Last edited:
If you're avoiding Samsung, then there's no point spending on an Android flagship these days. I'd even argue that the Pixel 6A at 28K INR sale price will be a better experience than any of these non-Samsung flagships.

Also, if I were to spend upwards of 55K INR, I'd simply look at iPhones and nothing else, like @rockstah and @Kaleen Bhaiya said. Gone are the days when non-Samsung Android flagships are worth splurging upon.
Pixel 6 : 45k
Pixel 6 pro 65k

How about it? he's got the budget
Pixel 6 is available at ~45k
Pixel 6 Pro is available at ~65k

Don't expect warranty. And keep hefty change ready for repairs, it's a pixel afterall.
If you want top end stock then you do what it takes

Frustrated by the wait time.
Thinking to open the Flip 4 and cancel this order

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-22-01-39-55-061_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-22-01-39-55-061_com.flipkart.android.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 99
Camera to iphone 13 pro and S22U

Battery to iphone 13 pro.

Battery charging to any modern Chinese Android phones 60w and above

In terms of battery its middle of the bunch.

Main camera, its got the biggest sensor, whether it makes use of it is to be seen. Low light the iPhone is going to do better.

The telephoto is interesting. Unless its a typo, I've never seen a f/1.6 for tele. Indoors, portraits should be good. Head and shoulder shots.

So low light will be good but only goes 2x, S22 & iPhone go 3x lossless. And the S22U can get up to 10x with decent results but only in good light.

Low light at wide i'd give the iPhone the edge. Maybe a close tie between S22U & Moto here.

Video will be another ball game depending on how demanding you are. You get an idea of the light gathering ability.

So the question really is how far from the iPhone 13P & S22U this moto will be.

No depth sensor so certain AI apps like measurement through the camera are not possible.

Last edited:

Literally this phone yet to receive its first major update so I want this underdog to give a tough fight.

I am bored by One UI
Pixel 6 Pro HDR pics are not that good in my opinion, the contrast is so high that it ruins skin tones. S22U did better.

Thing is I keep changing a lot of phones so even if moto is a bit underwhelming in camera dept i don't have much issues.
I used more than 100 phones and what I can say is that camera performance is basically software performance of the company and the tuning/algorithm.

Whatever the companies claim the imaging is still nowhere close to a crop sensor camera.

I use my Sony A7III when I feel taking a high quality pic. Any mobile camera will be great in daylight and above average camera in low light is all i need.
All the pixel peeping is bull shit for me.
Every generation I think the cameras will become DSLR like but mostly they are minor upgrades but these reviewers energy forces me to believe i am going to get a Palmtop DSLR.

So with above context I am hoping Moto to do a decent job with the camera algorithm and we are good to go for 6 months

Last edited:
Umm...

The review reflects what we have been saying so far.

I think it'll be great enough if it could at least match 50k Xiaomi or RealMe phones.
This is the bit that surprised me

Switching over to extremely low-lit scenarios, it’s the same story all over again. The camera also has a tough time dealing with movement. In fact, in most scenarios, you will need to stand absolutely still to get a rock-solid shot.
That is SOP dealing with low light with any camera. Always been the case. That these kinds of shots aren't easy to get in auto is a given. So you try with auto and if that doesn't cut it, switch to manual and get it.

i am aware that you sold your pixel 6 , but wait for two phones zenfone 9 and the new pixels .
Moto are no nonsense phones the they wont have best of anything .That makes them the best .To improve camera performance on moto or any other phone install GCAM and install youtube vanced and you have a winner phone

Like this guys immersive style camera review. He tries to find workarounds to the camera's quirks instead of just pointing at them and complaining.

4:3 gives the best stills quality. Likely the senor is 4:3. But Dhruv Butani's photos are also 4:3

In 2022, there are still AF problems at 60FPS 4k & 1080p video whereas no AF problems at 30FPS.

Sammy used to have this problem years ago and the thumb test would expose it

Back