Other Motorola G32 forgot pattern

Just an hour ago I was setting up fingerprint unlock on my mums G32 phone. Before setting up fingerprint the phone gave for some other options for unlocking (compulsory step which i couldn't avoid) and i chose pattern and drew something random without even the slightest intention of remembering it. Then while setting up fingerprint the process was not completed, threw some error midway and I gave up.
Now i have a phone with a forgotten pattern. Tried 50 times to no avail. It must be unlocked urgently.

Please tell if there's a way to unlock this thing without erasing this bugger.

The phone is connected to internet. It has full charge. So on so on. It's astonishing how there's no option of something like for forgot pattern or similar!

People usally do - M W Z 2 etc, Did you do S or G as per your name.

Also sometimes upside down G , did you do L <- easy to remember and cancel.

Asuming it’s 3 x3.

Ha ha no. I was not trying to resemble it to anything really. Just doodled whatever came to mind as setting the fingerprint was the end goal. Anyway, tried more than 50 times now and phone would lock itself for 2 mins instead of 1 min before trying patterns. I'll never remember this.

So there's no way around a forgotten pattern then eh? It's hilarious. Being locked out of your own device. Google search says some find my device thing but not sure how to use that in this case!

Is this the same on all Android phones btw?

So there's no way around a forgotten pattern then eh?
No. I have already been through the exact same situation back in 2018. It was a Mi Phone and I had to wipe it remotely with Google Find My Device to be able to use it again.
Edit: My phone had a locked boatloader back then. If your bootloader is unlocked, you can back up most of your internal storage data to SD Card.. Or you can just flash another ROM over the existing one without wiping internal.

Last edited:
No. I have already been through the exact same situation back in 2018. It was a Mi Phone and I had to wipe it remotely with Google Find My Device to be able to use it again.
Edit: My phone had a locked boatloader back then. If your bootloader is unlocked, you can back up most of your internal storage data to SD Card.. Or you can just flash another ROM over the existing one without wiping internal.
There's no need to flash another rom if phone is unlocked.

You can just flash TWRP and go into file manager and just delete lockscreen file ,that's it .

Phone will not ask for lockscreen password

No. Bootloader is not unlocked. Even usb debugging is not enabled. It's my mother's phone never bothered with all these. There's no software right? I mean I can connect the phone to my PC.

If not I'm simply entering recovery and resetting the device. Enough of this. Last 2 hrs have been excruciating.

Nope. After wasting 1 hour googling and installing bunch of unheard of software, then wasting further 1 hour following the above drow tu hiya drow tu hiya intellectual demo, went right into recovery and wiped everything. Should have done it the first thing.

Back