Movies that are visually stunning!

Let's post here the movies that we find visually stunning! Even if they may not be good entertainment or may not please any critics, but are simply awesome visually.

I will start with a triplet,

1. The Tree Of Life - This is highly philosophical movie that is visual symphony. It has some awe inspiring visuals termed as that of the origins of the known universe and the inception of life on Earth.

2. The Avatar - The usual suspect.

3. Samsara (2011), It's overwhelmingly beautiful visuals compensate for any tediousness in the storytelling!

The Ghost and The Darkness .. if you like wildlife movies

Someone mentions the movie after a very long time. I remember I liked it very much when I watched it eons ago. Time to revisit.

The Abyss .. one of James Cameron's early movies; still remember it as one of the most breathtakingly beautiful movies I saw in the erstwhile New Empire theater in Kolkata

I too had watched it in cinema at the time of release. Was impressed. Recently rewatched it on my old LCD. Will watch again once I get OLED in Diwali.

After watching Dune, the last 3 Denis Villeneuve movies. Only this man comes to mind now, when I hear visually stunning.

1917, blazing city is legendary imo.

The Revenant made me feel like I was part of the forest. Iv never seen anyone else manage to capture the pristine serenity so well. Was almost meditative, some of the shots.

Life of Pi gave me surreal experience in theatre. Something I had never experienced before.

Also, I believe Spider man into the spider verse deserves a special mention.

Last edited:
Luc bessons movies like fifth element and valerian.
Sicario (you really have to watch it on big ass oled tv in dolby vision to appreciate the colors)
Joker is also visually very good

Most of the studio ghibli movies like howls moving castle and spirited away.

Last edited:
Back