Car & Bike Moving on from my PULSAR

red_devil

Disciple
Feb 20, 2009
I own a PULSAR 150 CC which was bought on Dec 2006. It has run around 21k kms and has been serving me very (very) well. But then I'm planning to move on and gift myself a new bike :D and thus this thread with some of my questions:

1. How much can I expect for my bike?

Its giving/given me 0 problems till date (apart from changing the silencer cover/dome which had kinda rusted out) and therefore I'm not too much on the edge to get my hands off it.

2. Which bike should I buy after selling my bike? Budget would depend on the money I get for my pulsar (say price received + 40k)

My usage is mainly city driving (on traf****ed bangalore roads) for about 30 kms a day and I'm NOT looking at any 200+ CC bikes either..I've never gone beyond 80 on my pulsar, so I guess thats the speed limit when it comes to my driving :p

Your suggestions please :)

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
Yamaha FZ-16 is one of the best bikes for city riding . A lot more fun to ride than the Pulsars as well ;)

rahulsarna

Disciple
Aug 24, 2011
You will be able to sell hmmm i guess around 30K .

I purchased Yamaha Fz 6 months back and i hv drove 2000 Kms and is still like new :)

Defiantly the best bike in range in terms of comfort and handling nd looks and performance :)

New comes for around 73000 (On road delhi ) :)

red_devil

Disciple
Feb 20, 2009
Kitna deti hai Yamaha FZ? :p

Just to add to the first post:

I'd prefer any bike <=150 CC which gives a decent mileage as well considering my Pulsar currently gives me 45+ (approx)..so would I be expecting a lot if I were to add a criteria that the mileage should be more than 50 ?

W@rrier

Adept
Nov 25, 2010
Pune/Cochin
To get 30k for a 2006 Pulsar, is difficult !

A more realistic price would be >25k

Pulsars generally have Low resale value and so many are available in second hand market !

For your requirement , the best bet is Unicorn , or perhaps a Dazzler!( both give excellent mileage )

fz gives lower mileage in comparison the honda!

Or an apache 160 , mine gives around 45+ mileage after very hard driving

W@rrier

Adept
Nov 25, 2010
Pune/Cochin
^^ well, Variety is the spice of life , they say :)

and a 2006 pulsar will have lost considerable power in its 6 years, and when he gets a new bike now, it will definitely feel like an upgrade :)

but even i would recommend a rtr 160 or 180 !

rahulsarna

Disciple
Aug 24, 2011
DONT EVEN THINK about the yahama Fz if milage is one of ur criteria .

Gives about 30 Kmpl :p

Except this this is the best bike in this segment , ntg can beat it :)

hmm i think avinash is right 25000 seems fine coz ur model is 2006 which is quite outdated now , still u cn find some MURGA :p

prafull

Recruit
Jul 1, 2011
^^^ mine gives 35km/L not less not more... but the stability at higher speed is the best amoung peer.. no comparision at all.

red_devil

Disciple
Feb 20, 2009
So guys considering my budget to be around 60k-70k, what are the options I can look at?

Criteria:

1. Decent mileage (45+)

2. Ride comfort

3. Reliable/sturdy and the like

4. Other than Bajaj ones (although I can still go in for a Bajaj bike provided its worth the $$$ and if theres nothing that fits my budget from other brands)

I'm also kinda looking at Twister .. would like some feedback on that one..Does it/will it feel very under powered given that I've been riding a 150cc bike all these years?

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
Mar 17, 2008
Bangalore
www.thefinsight.com
CB Twsiter - 110cc !! underpowered compared to even Honda Shine/Splendor NXG (!)....

Not worth it.

I am not sure about reviews of Yamaha SZ-X. Guess you can check that too. Low cost/decent mileage for sure.

Else, I would recommend Apache.

vheezay

Disciple
Jun 10, 2011
Dont go for Yamaha FZ series... i have one and am struggling to sell it off as it gives a pathetic mileage... Go for Honda Unicorn/Dazzler or HUNK/CBZ extreme...

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
^^ Vheezay Bro: It doesnt give 25kmpl in all cases.... Just in some cases it does... As a pillion rider, I have seen people getting about 35kmpl to 37kmpl on FZ and its OK considering the quality of engine.... Your bike is not yet a month old, how can it give 25kmpl?? Do you constantly keep changing gears or use clutch more??

Coming back to the point, IMO OP should get a RTR 180 atleast to make sure he doesnt get the same feel as P150... Or to OP's liking P180 is also for you, coz it gives above 40kmpl guaranteed mileage...

winXPHE

Disciple
Sep 6, 2008
vheezay said:
Dont go for Yamaha FZ series... i have one and am struggling to sell it off as it gives a pathetic mileage... Go for Honda Unicorn/Dazzler or HUNK/CBZ extreme...

he know what hes talking about

Dazzler sucks though. and not a fan of the new CBZ extreme either. go for the pre dazzler unicorn or the hunk IMHO

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Get the RTR160, if possible then stretch your budget for RTR180 as its acceleration is same as P220 till 100km/hr :)

red_devil

Disciple
Feb 20, 2009
Thanks for your suggestions guys... but given my usage, do you think it is worth to go in for a 150+ cc bike?

and can you let me know the price for RTR 160, Unicorn (i think Unicorn is now being sold as CB Unicorn or something...are they the same?)

also are there any <150 CC bikes that I can go for?

and let me know any site where i can find the updated on road prices for all of these bikes ...

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
^^ you will not find the exact on-road pricing on any website, the best way is: google search for nearest dealer=>call them and get the latest on-road price and also waiting list if any.