Car & Bike Moving on from my PULSAR

Is this true??

591484ece3d09b7abc.jpg

^^ Well some spy pics are there in auto forums about Pulsar 2012...
though I doubt for it to be 320cc.. and what is Fii..???? Does Ninja 650 comes with Fiiiiiiiiiii :p

well my 4 yr old apache 150 (non rtr) used to give awesome mileage dunno how , on sane riding i managed a max mileage of 58kmpl :O when the bike was showing 31k kms on the odo , i recently upgraded to RTR 180 and man i just love the difference in power , no matter how hard i push my bike it always returns a mileage of 40+ for your driving style you can surely manage 45+kmpl , almost everyone complain about the vibration issues in apaches but to be very honest the vibration exists in rtr 180 in a specific RPM range which is 4.5-6k rpm , so it means if u ride below 60kmph or above 75kmph then you wont feel any vibes , and the handling + maintenance is the best in its class. , spares are very cheap compared to hero moto or honda bikes and overall .

i had FZ , R15 and P220 in my mind when i was deciding on the bikes . dropped FZ and R15 as they lack the feel and punch which i was looking for and also the mileage aint that great. and dropped P220 out of the list because of its front heavy construction which makes handling difficult in Delhi's dense traffic . FZ is a damn good bike in 150cc category and no bike can compare its handlng and safety except my only gripe was that it hurts the b@lls :rolleyes: when u bump into potholes thanks to its huge fuel tank :p last i was back to the good old apache. , even RTR 160 will be a good choice for you but i'd recommend keeping the bike if its serving your purpose well. if not and you're bored with it then nothing can satisfy you as well as an apache rtr 180 :)

I'm not sure if I will utilize the full potential of a 180 cc bike...

i'm sort of leaning towards honda since (i hear that) its engine is pretty smooth and has a good ride quality ... besides, it appears to give a decent mileage as well..so which Honda models should I be looking at?

I've sort of short listed a few bikes ..

CB Unicorn, CBZ extreme

CB Twister

Now my only confusion is whether I can go in for a 150 CC bike or settle for a 110 cc one...also any good 125odd cc bikes around? Honda Shine perhaps?

Can anyone throw some light on the mileage of all of these bikes?

I would suggest you the CB Unicorn, for its reliable engine, mono suspension very much better for Bangalore roads, also the driving position. I have been using my Unicorn from August 2006, covered more than 60000 kms for 5+ years only for office and home (40-50km in Bangalore traffic daily) and i say it is the best bike for its driving (seating position), ease of maintainence and good mileage. My bike gives me around 45-50 kmpl even now :)

Go for the CB Unicorn, its a VFM bike.

You will not regret for your purchase ;) Extremely smooth.

Only worry would be the wait time.

my fz-16 gives me 40 kmpl mileage even after pushing it hard upto 110 kmph. Even at this speed you will feel the ride to be extremely smooth.

Its 15 months old and is serviced regularly and i use the synthetic oil.

And i dont need to tell you about its looks. There is no match for FZ in 150cc segment when it comes to looks, control, pick-up and the amazing road grip.

IMO mileage totally depends on your riding style and the care you take of your bike.

@OP:-no doubt unicorn is among the best bikes but it too has its cons, like plain looks,heavy and the waiting period for the purchase.

So it totally depends on which bike suits your requirements :)

Back