Graphic Cards MSI closed shop in India?

But they were already here. They have closed. They have even used the words "we are sorry" in the reply to the person asking the question regarding closure

Now what do dealer's/resellers/stockists do with whatever remaining stocks that they have of MSI products ?
- Offer discounts (really tempting ones) and get rid of them
- Dump them onto retailers in smaller towns & cities
- Offer great "combo" deals
Do not ever imagine that the above category of folks would ever write-off as total losses all their msi stocks!

What to we hapless end-users do ?
1] Put them up for SALE & Quickly on any other portal in India (except TE:rolleyes: & E) - Coz you wo'nt get suckers out here or, If you dare do so, then forever incur the "wrath & curses" of the community & be doomed to a situation worse than Hell :yuck:
2] There are always "the uninformed buyer" - who outnumber the rest by a ratio of 300 to 1 (I have used random sampling skills to arrive at this conservative figure - based on the number of folks at my workplace/colony who are not members of TE). So start roaming the streets & dump it onto the first bloke who evinces interest.
3] Hold on to them & run them till their last breadth & then package it lovingly & keep it in the family showcase (and pass it on as a heirloom to the next generation - who knowz in 2082 it may fetch your grandKids $500,000 :snaphappy:
4] If it's an MSI GPU - then go ahead and OC it to insane levels - achieve 120fps at 1080 or above settings, with all the eye-candy turned on till we achieve that nirvana moment & it sizzles dead :walkingdead:
5] If it's an MSI mobo - stress test it, rip it apart. Go ahead & perform all those DIY things we dreamt of doing (but dared not)

....... Go ahead & add the rest (these were just the starters), let's see how the main course does :hungry:

Cheers
Terry

STOP PRESS: This thread has ONLY had 701 views - TE has around 49701 members!!! So who's gonna "dare" rush to the SALE thread first :mad:

You can't expect sales and discounts from dealers.. You never know if distributors and dealers got it fixed with msi on 2 conditions
1) they take all their products back and give the cash back to the dealers / distributors
2) msi will let the dealers and distributors sell the current stock and will provide service for it.. (however this seems impossible for now).. Eg: products purchased before so and so date will be considered valid..

Am trying to get some official words on it.. Let's see.

Okay this is what I've known so far.

Many dealers don't have clue about msi shutting off and neither do they care. They just said "kaafi time Se maal bandh hai"..

Some know it but are pretending as if it's new news for them.

Distributor knows it. Now what about current owners of their products and their warrant? Well there is change in the policy..

If you have msi product and need service.. And if service center isn't there.. Then send the product directly to the distributor. Dealers won't be entertaining. In return distributors could offer you different brand or a credit note.. Which is a typical policy anyway.

So in a way it's still flimsy.. Just pray your current msi products don't mess up. And yes, selling it now won't give you much coz of obvious reasons.

My suggestion would be if your msi product is screwed.. You demand a different brand for same product / specs from the distributor.

If thats the case then I'm screwed. I recently bought a 7770 from a chap in Delhi. How on earth am I going to convince the distributor here in Ahmedabad to entertain warranty for my card?

If you have bill then shouldn't matter. Warranty is national warranty. Or you can send it to distri in Delhi.

Also don't think much. Cards are not gonna start getting screwed just coz msi isn't there here anymore. Lol.. Just enjoy the card do some ass kicking gaming. Don't get disappointed about msi thingy by getting paranoid.

You never know they can re enter :p

Digicare being part of a company (where i have worked in the past) (Dlink, which was then Demerged and Digicare is a part of Smartlink) i was in talks with some guys there.. they confirmed about motherboards.. however am still in talks with them regarding gfx cards. Glad that the RMA is still there, but dont know for how long.

These talks about MSI winding up from India was heard back in 2008 first while i was in the company, but it never happened, then again it was heard in 2010 Dec, did not happen, but now it finally happened.

If you have bill then shouldn't matter. Warranty is national warranty. Or you can send it to distri in Delhi.

Also don't think much. Cards are not gonna start getting screwed just coz msi isn't there here anymore. Lol.. Just enjoy the card do some ass kicking gaming. Don't get disappointed about msi thingy by getting paranoid.

You never know they can re enter :p

My 7770 is already broken haha

Nothing will be affected.[DOUBLEPOST=1365793821][/DOUBLEPOST]Acro is still the importer of MSI and they will be.

This is exactly what happened with Fossil watches!

The middle men and importers and offline (Un official) traders mess it up.. So better for them to get in officially and handle it themselves.

Congrats. :D

Sorry bro to hear that your card is already broken? But how? Didn't you just buy it?

This is exactly what happened with Fossil watches!

The middle men and importers and offline (Un official) traders mess it up.. So better for them to get in officially and handle it themselves.

Congrats. :D

Sorry bro to hear that your card is already broken? But how? Didn't you just buy it?

Yeah bought it two weeks ago from some kid in Delhi. The card by itself works but it has problems interfacing with the Catalyst drivers. Games often don't launch, Aero gets disabled and my renders often takes hours to complete :(

Back