Laptops MSI X340 Slim Laptop 13" LED Screen Win7 20.7k shipped

Awesome deal!! So is it available in the local markets for cheaper? Any chance of a better price from TE dealers?!!

Btw, the description says "MSI recommends Windows 7 Home Basic", but the title says it comes with Windows 7 preinstalled. Any clarifications?

build quality isnt that good.......

but i came across this Article Window

asus n10j -- with nvidia 9300m discrete graphics--what would it be then the msi wind x340 or the asus n10jc for basic office work,720p/1080p playback and basic internet ?

Raghunandan said:
Awesome deal!! So is it available in the local markets for cheaper? Any chance of a better price from TE dealers?!!

Btw, the description says "MSI recommends Windows 7 Home Basic", but the title says it comes with Windows 7 preinstalled. Any clarifications?

seller has mentioned it comes with win7 basic preinstalled.

perhaps the dealer has confused it with the MSI U210? because i dont think the MRP of this is 23k as listed in the details?

that N10JC is also pretty decent btw, for 18.5k its a pretty good deal albit slightly heavier but much more versatile

foruamit2004 said:
wow really nice deal...those whoever wants to buy a netbook or something buy this item fast. even acer timeline 3810(similar/lower specs) cost 30K+.

it is okay in terms of specs but its keyboard, feel and it's layout is supposed to be very bad, read the reviews online

It is better then any nettop available in the market(off-course looses some points for portability), And yes, you can get better config for 3-4k extra, but I'm talking about the slim/portable models.

Is it worth to spend 6K more on this, rather than buying an average netbook at 14K?

Features look very good if you are planning to use it as a netbook or ultraportable laptop for running simple applications.

Edit: To answer my own question, based on the reviews I read it seems this model has very very bad keyboard and 4 cell battery would give you far lesser life than a normal netbook. The touchpad is not upto the mark either. In short, better to buy a netbook than this model which looks fine on specs, but buying it should be done only after you have actually checked it personally (especially keyboard and touchpad).

Now, I would not be surprised if they have really dropped price of this model to 20.7K, as with the drawbacks it has it would be difficult to sell this one.

Dennis, U have nailed the answer!- I was very much inclined- but biggest downers i think are the 4 cell battery and that mfr is MSI- Man this company,s India web site sucks-every time i visit this the warning flashes
Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
If they can not keep their company website up- they must be a bxggxr all company!-decided not to take any risks with such and badly functioning Outfit! Will pick Samsung N-140,s, at least Samsung have service available here in Shimla.

^^ Agree on the processor and specs in general are better than a normal netbook, but the user experience will depend a lot on keyboard and touchpad. And of course for a netbook battery life would be a major factor too. MSI have no doubt, tried to do a MacBook Air with this model, and if they overcome the issues it has keyboard/touchpad/battery life this would indeed be a better option than normal netbook.

@vijayshimla, I too am planning to go for a samsung model (possibly if N138/N140 is available in Deal of the Week at Ebay soon).

Back