Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

#Emperor
Tell them to change the internal cable wiring (I had same issue)
Then tell them to switch point from where cable comes to your house
Tell them to check ports
And they can solve if they want

After I kept complaining to MTNL, I got the issue fixed with continuous ping.
But guess what the issue has started again.

Also I do not have an option to switch net provider since 5net not in my area and no one offers plans like mtnl.

#deaddevil

They first decide to do same and call their in-charge and got reply that "there is NO CABLE in stock, check existing one if any fault", line-men didn't find any fault and he decide to keep same cable

They did same but no resolution and same problem continues

Tell them to check ports
Sorry for dumbo but what do you mean by "Check Ports"? As MTNL people may know same but to cut customers base they just keep mum and give SINGLE LINE FIXED ANSWER "we are doing our best"! Didn't digest that they are unable to find FAULT but they keep acting like DUMBO

The same thing I told them but I guess 90% of MTNL staff want to BOOT broadband customers one by one and in end handover all BB customers to BIG PVT. Giants. As per last financial report submitted by MTNL (to BSE ) maximum of MTNL revenue comes from Internet Users as their customer base for Telephone (Landlines) keep reducing and MTNL keep making loss from last 2-3 years

#Emperor
Tell them to check ports

Also I do not have an option to switch net provider since 5net not in my area and no one offers plans like mtnl.

@Emperor
Drop a email to your area DGM go back few pages to find the link i posted with all email address of DGM

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I did same and mail return with tag "No one attend the mail - inbox is FULL" :(

Day before yesterday I called DGM (the person who pick the phone claimed himself as DGM) and request him to do something for BROADBAND ISSUE and he ask his subordinate to check if "Telephone is working or not".

How a MTNL big shot wish to bring this company back in profit when DGM too have such CARELESS PERSON who neither clear mail message box nor forward complaint rightly :(

@Emperor
Drop a email to your area DGM go back few pages to find the link i posted with all email address of DGM

Last edited by a moderator:
How a MTNL big shot wish to bring this company back in profit when DGM too have such CARELESS PERSON who neither clear mail message box nor forward complaint rightly :(

i've been to MTNL and BSNL offices numerous times, and all i find there is 12th pass babus and brainless less ladies. babus are always munching on snacks and ladies knitting. and the concerned person is "always" on leave.

i seriously wish that MTNL & BSNL die a quick death or they stand up to competition from private players.

I'm very unhappy with my MTNL connection...has been giving me a lot of problems over the past month. Internet gets disconnected after about 10 minutes or so, then comes back on intermittently.

I think issue seems to the the telephone lines...I get a crackling sound every time I pick up the phone receiver.

Anyone know if I can get a connection from Airtel without surrendering my MTNL landline?

I too had some disagreements with my local ISP on which btw, been onto it for over 10years..

I did think of going on to mtnl. But soon realized..

"Local ISP Lagao Aur Prabhu Ke Goon Gaao".

I'm very unhappy with my MTNL connection...has been giving me a lot of problems over the past month. Internet gets disconnected after about 10 minutes or so, then comes back on intermittently.

I think issue seems to the the telephone lines...I get a crackling sound every time I pick up the phone receiver.

Anyone know if I can get a connection from Airtel without surrendering my MTNL landline?
MTNL has has no issues with Airtel and vice versa.. Just that you might have to take Airtel line if needed to have their broadband.

Do inform mtnl or else you'll keep getting mtnl broadband bills even if you're not using it. Tell. Mtnl to disconnect Internet but you'd like to continue with phone line. Although your phone billing plan could change.

#Emperor
Tell them to check ports

Am very much impressed by 5Net..in fact am depressed and sad about 5Net's small coverage area. In Mumbai it's there in Malad.. Cousin uses it.. It's fraking awesome! And fraking affordable! It's not in my area :(

Thought I should post my experiences of using MTNL.
I stay near adchini in South Delhi. Earlier (months ago) we used to face frequent disconnection issues. The ppl with huge tummy came a number of times to fix it. Soon after a few hours of usage it would again disconnect by itself. The mtnl people came again to fix it. Thankfully the problem no longer exist.
Now that's not what I want to share. :p
After going through some posts I can see that many of you have very bad experiences especially with the "customer service" (if it actually exist lol) which i find it surprising because here we have a very good service. The engineers have been prompt everytime we make a complaint. If you make a complaint during early office timing they'll send someone to fix the problem on that day itself. If in case you make a complaint a little later in the evening they'll send the engineer the following day if its not a holiday. It doesn't usually take more than two days to get the issue solved. Great, no? My only problem is with the bills. As per speedtest we are getting around 0.50mbps ul/dl and we pay around 1000-1250rs every month. What sort of plan this is, i have no idea.
anyway Not bragging but we stay in a...how should i put it... "influential" area (no, it does not have anything to do with "TU NE PATA HAI MERA BAAP KAUN HUN??!" thing) which has number of privileged people and afaik none of us have a non-mtnl connection. Now, when you call up the c/c number (i dont know if its the c/c number, its landline number) the person on the other end asks something like "what's your location?", right? I think thats the moment which changes everything. Their reaction might have depended on the place you stay.

We all use mtnl in our residential colony. Its likely that since its a govt. residential area mtnl is being made compulsory under some sort of deals. Just my thought. I can see no other reason why.

Now, i would be moving out of this place (no, my family will still be here) this summer to Tuqlakabad. And i want to apply for a mtnl broadband connection. I'm worried that the situation will not be the same. Its located far away from our present residence and also farther than nehru place. Gawd help me. T.T

Guys i have this weired thing with pings on MTNL. I used to get 70-80 ping to hyderabad game servers. but since the past two weeks im getting 180+.
I called them loads of times, but everytime they are like - site to khul rahi hai na? speed to sahi hai na? ping ka kya karna aapko?
To my surprise today, the whole day pings were back to normal, probably even better than before. But since its MTNL, They dreaded pings are back, and MTNL doesnt understand what ping is(even the sdo). Any help?
PS: i'm from lajpat nagar, south delhi.

Guys i have this weired thing with pings on MTNL. I used to get 70-80 ping to hyderabad game servers. but since the past two weeks im getting 180+.
I called them loads of times, but everytime they are like - site to khul rahi hai na? speed to sahi hai na? ping ka kya karna aapko?
To my surprise today, the whole day pings were back to normal, probably even better than before. But since its MTNL, They dreaded pings are back, and MTNL doesnt understand what ping is(even the sdo). Any help?
PS: i'm from lajpat nagar, south delhi.
yes they have no knowledge about pings/latency. I suggest you go to their office directly and tell them that "its taking too long to open a site" or "ip server is very slow" or something similar. Just dont mention "ping". That imo is the only way you can drill some info into their head.

yes they have no knowledge about pings/latency. I suggest you go to their office directly and tell them that "its taking too long to open a site" or "ip server is very slow" or something similar. Just dont mention "ping". That imo is the only way you can drill some info into their head.
Ill try that, but im sure it can be fixed as some times i get low pings , but rest of the time they are high. :(

Ill try that, but im sure it can be fixed as some times i get low pings , but rest of the time they are high. :(
Well then the wiring, which i thought it would be, is not at fault here. Do you use wifi or lan? What router do you use? We are being forced to use a stock mtnl beetle router. It sucks! Worse, they charge 150rs (or was it 250?) for it every month.

Thought I should post my experiences of using MTNL.
I stay near adchini in South Delhi. Earlier (months ago) we used to face frequent disconnection issues. The ppl with huge tummy came a number of times to fix it. Soon after a few hours of usage it would again disconnect by itself. The mtnl people came again to fix it. Thankfully the problem no longer exist.
Now that's not what I want to share. :p
After going through some posts I can see that many of you have very bad experiences especially with the "customer service" (if it actually exist lol) which i find it surprising because here we have a very good service. The engineers have been prompt everytime we make a complaint. If you make a complaint during early office timing they'll send someone to fix the problem on that day itself. If in case you make a complaint a little later in the evening they'll send the engineer the following day if its not a holiday. It doesn't usually take more than two days to get the issue solved. Great, no? My only problem is with the bills. As per speedtest we are getting around 0.50mbps ul/dl and we pay around 1000-1250rs every month. What sort of plan this is, i have no idea.
anyway Not bragging but we stay in a...how should i put it... "influential" area (no, it does not have anything to do with "TU NE PATA HAI MERA BAAP KAUN HUN??!" thing) which has number of privileged people and afaik none of us have a non-mtnl connection. Now, when you call up the c/c number (i dont know if its the c/c number, its landline number) the person on the other end asks something like "what's your location?", right? I think thats the moment which changes everything. Their reaction might have depended on the place you stay.

We all use mtnl in our residential colony. Its likely that since its a govt. residential area mtnl is being made compulsory under some sort of deals. Just my thought. I can see no other reason why.

Now, i would be moving out of this place (no, my family will still be here) this summer to Tuqlakabad. And i want to apply for a mtnl broadband connection. I'm worried that the situation will not be the same. Its located far away from our present residence and also farther than nehru place. Gawd help me. T.T
The level of service and quality is different between MTNL Mumbai and MTNL Delhi. End of story. Also there are price difference lol

Well then the wiring, which i thought it would be, is not at fault here. Do you use wifi or lan? What router do you use? We are being forced to use a stock mtnl beetle router. It sucks! Worse, they charge 150rs (or was it 250?) for it every month.
I am on lan, plus i use netgear dgn1000.
Also one more thing.
When i restart my router 5-6 time till my ip is 120.59.xxx.xxx - then my Pings are good.
But if my ip is 120.250.xxx.xxx or 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then my pings suck.
Any way to fix it?

Back