Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

I was facing quite a few disconnection 3-4 days back, that's the time when I changed my plan from Combo 495 to Xpress 750.

I am facing this problem from the last 7-8 months, It connects for about 5-10 minutes MAX and disconnects....

Despite of numerous complaints, no progress.....

So switched to local cable internet 6 months ago..... and kept MTNL as spare......

This is very frustrating........
<

MTNL works for some and doesnt for others...... the pattern is random.... so it seems all abt luck.......

I was very happy with my net till last month when MTNL suddenly raised my ping by 70-100ms....... online gaming is frustrating now with 250-300ms ping frm wht use to be 140-170 on all european servers......

Anyways atleast speeds r good and for OP...... there hav been no disconnection for the past 2-3 days..... ofcourse apart frm the usual 1 dc every 6-8 Hrs.....

According to CC, they are having issues with their servers.

Disconnections have become random and very frequent.

Its a government organization, so don't expect a resolution soon.

Yes that's what i heard from my line man too he said it will take around 15 days to fix it .

Yes, me too... 1 complaint to 198 & problem solved but speed is really slow compare to what MTNL advertising and yes still 2-3 disconnection there per day
<

it happens when the wiring in the house is old and not clean

get the wiring checked and if possible, changed. i had it done recently when i was facing problems and now its perfectly fine
<

Even my connection keeps getting disconnected randomly. Most probably its a line quality issue that not going to change a bit no matter how much we complain.

I always found the disconnection problems. Once I happened to contact the lineman. He contacted some MTNL broadband field person in our area. He changed the modem to STERLITE brand. My connection has been working like a charm since then, Earlier I have tried Beetel and Dlink without success.

you guys do know that MTNL has an auto disconnection policy of disconnecting the net every 6 hours? its one of the reasons why i use Airtel instead of MTNL.

People having disconnections other than the 6 hourly ones should check if their SNR and line attenuation values are within the normal range.

Yup, am facing this too for last couple of days. Was not sure if its just and googled and landed here. Hope they sort it soon. Would hate to switch elsewhere. Last 2 years I have had no problems with MTNL.

Hi,

For those having the Sterlite modem, here's the catch, i had it in my office too and it just refuses to work on ADSL+2 Mode, therefore, login to the router, goto advanced management and ADSL, change the mode to G.DMT save and reboot router, it should do the trick. For, if it doesnot solve the issue, please copy paste your SNR margin, etc here for better advise. I would rather suggest a screen shot but make sure you get rid of the macid and ip details, etc in the screen shot.

Back