Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

No problem with my MTNL BB other than slowing some time.

MTNL mumbai page refuse to open if I use OPEN DNS IP's -

For those in Mumbai with a working MTNL BB connection.... please post the DNS servers being used....

P.S.: It would be good if someone could upload the config file for D-Link GLB-802C or Sterlite - SAM300AX modems....

Thanks a lot...

MTNL is becoming really pathetic

After having used it for almost 7yrs i had to shift towards cable BB which in my case offered a better deal than MTNL

So yea,MTNL byee byee for me...

Where is the config file located ?

It is to be downloaded to PC from the router settings page... i don't remember exactly... maybe under Maintenance or a similar tab....

I can let you know tonight if you don't get it till then...
<

I have also sent an email... lets see... fingers Xed....
<

Great link.... it works.... mailed to triband.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in keeping the DGM in CC yesterday...
<

Got a reply from helpdesk today with local office contact numbers.... who in turn gave another local broadband responsible person.....

He turned up today itself and after testing told that due to the use of to parallel phone lines in our home( splitted to one each in the drawing room and the bedroom ), it gets disconnected frequently....
<

After disconnecting the phone from one room, the net works perfectly in the other room.... XD

He admitted that this should have been informed to all the customers by them...
<

He was completely shocked to see that we had already shifted to cable-net.....
<

All-in-all, this email trick works.....
<
<
<

Yes the email works i always do this after complaining at 198 and mentioning complaint no in email.

MTNL Delhi is going crazy right now, atleast in Lajpat nagar.

The Internet and dsl light are going on and off continuously.

Don't know what to do
<

Looks like im not the only one in mumbai facing this issue... today it's just got worse, it's disconnecting several times in an hour.

Moreover the DNS problem is not resolved. I first got the DNS error 2 days ago. Switched to google dns and it works. Just tried switching back to the MTNL DNS but it still shows down.

The disconnection problem remains with the modem restarting often.

Is anyone else in Mumbai still facing this issue?

Back