Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

Hopefully today the linesman will come and he can remove all the lines coming into my house so there can only be one left. If that oes not fix it then any ideas what I should?

Hopefully today the linesman will come and he can remove all the lines coming into my house so there can only be one left. If that oes not fix it then any ideas what I should?

How many lines are coming in your house dude?
<

AFAIK, there is only one line coming in a house (if you are using one MTNL number)...

You mean you are using one mtnl connection in 4 different phones in parallel....?

If yes, then there are two ways as suggested by the lineman to me(I am using two lines):

1. While using the Triband (i.e. Switching ON the router) disconnect the phones from the other lines and connect one phone along with the modem (using phone line from splitter)

2. Split the phone line from the splitter to the 4 phones like this:

IogHO.png

But this will require some re-wiring by an electrician/lineman

Hope this helps....
<

You mean you are using one mtnl connection in 4 different phones in parallel....?

If yes, then there are two ways as suggested by the lineman to me(I am using two lines):

1. While using the Triband (i.e. Switching ON the router) disconnect the phones from the other lines and connect one phone along with the modem (using phone line from splitter)

2. Split the phone line from the splitter to the 4 phones like this:

IogHO.png

But this will require some re-wiring by an electrician/lineman

Hope this helps....
<

Still no linesman has come
<

does anyone have the updated MTNL DNS's to use which are best for Mumbai! Would appreciate if anyone could share them here please.

Thanks

I have never network had issues ever since I switched to MTNL. I got the Sterlite modem right from the beginning.

My neighbort was however plagued by frequent disconnections. He had a D-Link modem. I advised him to opt for the MTNL Sterlite modem and his issues disappeared!!

So, I think the modem might be the culprit here!

does anyone have the updated MTNL DNS's to use which are best for Mumbai! Would appreciate if anyone could share them here please. Thanks

Here are DNS servers(Mumbai) I am currently using:

Pri: 203.94.243.70

Sec: 59.179.243.70

Hope this helps!!!

I have never network had issues ever since I switched to MTNL. I got the Sterlite modem right from the beginning. My neighbort was however plagued by frequent disconnections. He had a D-Link modem. I advised him to opt for the MTNL Sterlite modem and his issues disappeared!! So, I think the modem might be the culprit here!

I am afraid not bro.... I have tried both....
<

As discussed earlier, the culprit is either parallel connections or MTNL servers.....

MTNL Delhi is going crazy right now, atleast in Lajpat nagar.

The Internet and dsl light are going on and off continuously.

Don't know what to do
<

I am facing frequent disconnection since last month ..

Don't know what has happened to Mtnl these days ....

I got disconnected atleast once in a day...only god knows what is the problem
<

I have never network had issues ever since I switched to MTNL. I got the Sterlite modem right from the beginning.

My neighbort was however plagued by frequent disconnections. He had a D-Link modem. I advised him to opt for the MTNL Sterlite modem and his issues disappeared!!

So, I think the modem might be the culprit here!

Why would they come and change a modem which they think is just fine?

And how would you be sure they get the modem they want?

Why would they come and change a modem which they think is just fine?

And how would you be sure they get the modem they want?

^^ It's MTNL. They don't bother checking if you complain... And even otherwise, their linemen have absolutely no knowledge of how the internet functions. They only know how to make the connections!

You cannot be sure about the modem. But any one that they provide will be from the current stock that is known to be working well for most consumers. I got my modem more than a year ago and even now, MTNL is providing the same one to new subscribers here.

i didnt faced any disconnection issue...but yeah ...video buffering and a drastic drop in my DL speed (from 170kbps to 48kbps) was really frustrating...its good now though

Back