MTNL BroadPlan Plan changes

i also occasionally see the speeds touching 2mbps at nights (perhaps on weekends; didn't pay much heed). same plan here as well. though you got extra lucky y'day. :D

@swatkats
@Kilroyquasar

It was a big popat of me there with those speeds. Here is what happened.
The 3 files I mentioned which gave super High speeds was due the following scenario...

I had already downloaded the files using utorrent on my nexus 7. Utorrent and WiFi was on, on my nexus 7.
I did not know about that.
So in my iPhone I started download of those 3 torrents and one of the peers I suppose was my nexus 7 which was on same WiFi network. Due to this I was getting that super high speed.

So guys it was a KLPD. Nothing to see here. :p

anyone on MTNL experiencing slow browsing speeds? am seeing this issue since y'day night, and now today, except TE, most other sites i visit are either taking too long or not opening up at all.

I'm experiencing it since last night. Most of my websites are timing out. What an awful timing. I have to place an order on Amazon and I'm worried if this stupid connection would time out between the transaction. BTW I'm using Google's DNS.

It's normal now and I immediately placed my order, which went through successfully. Else, I was planning to place the order from my office. Been a long time since the connection has experienced slow browsing issue.

Yes off late lot of issue with dns.And in some cases even google dns also doesnt work properly
Google dns is not working properly since 3 months i guess, i was using it previously but then i switched to open dns.

Now everything is working fine, earlier there was lot's of time-out happening.

I'm getting very very bad signal strength. I have complained multiple times but they respond by saying that the issue was solved even after I show them the bad signal values, to which they respond by saying that my modem is faulty/not configured right etc... even after I got the modem tested/configured at their office. Earlier I used to get very good signal strength. It looks like they've ****ed up at some distribution box and dont want to do the manual work of correcting them. Please help, I seriously want to escalate or cause them damage before shifting to the BAD local cable valas.

The screenshot attached has the earlier values marked in red vs the real signal strength values.

Attachments

• MTNL_NOW_before_values_in_RED.PNG
    MTNL_NOW_before_values_in_RED.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I'm getting very very bad signal strength. I have complained multiple times but they respond by saying that the issue was solved even after I show them the bad signal values, to which they respond by saying that my modem is faulty/not configured right etc... even after I got the modem tested/configured at their office. Earlier I used to get very good signal strength. It looks like they've ****ed up at some distribution box and dont want to do the manual work of correcting them. Please help, I seriously want to escalate or cause them damage before shifting to the BAD local cable valas.

The screenshot attached has the earlier values marked in red vs the real signal strength values.

had you got the modem replaced too? i had such an issue atleast twice. once, replacing the modem helped. other time, it resolved by itself after making a couple of rounds at the local exchange's office.

Back