MTNL Mumbai Introduce Unlimited Plan Rs.999/-

magnet said:
what does math does if a person having 256kbps line get 2 mbps speed on it?

care to reply

i guess those who have been getting 2mbps speeds on 256 line mite just be lucky ones coz earlier they used to advertise upto 2mbps but this time they havent so I guess they might cap it sooner or later:)

knoughtyd said:
i guess those who have been getting 2mbps speeds on 256 line mite just be lucky ones coz earlier they used to advertise upto 2mbps but this time they havent so I guess they might cap it sooner or later:)

yes as i said before that will do happen as they are advertising 512 and other high plans....and if a person gets those speed at 1100 why would they pay ard 4k for 1mb plan

Those stuff do will b capped....or atmost the new user wont get those speed and existing customer will have the fun..lets c...existing ppl getting speed and lets see what new user gets now

gauravt said:
changed triband plan from dsl 849nu to DSL_TRIB_UNLTD_256KB, still getting speeds of 1.8mbps
Did you get the phone call cofirming you have been shifted?
Or you still might be on 849NU. :p
There have been cases of people having changed plans and using the net like there's no tomorrow and then ending up with a bill for a few thousands/lakhs coz the billing/accounts dept. hadn't marked the change at their end. :lol:
All the best. :)
Emil said:
@stalker and magnet
I am not a heavy downloader. I was on TriB200P plan and changed to the DSL399 plan. So absolutely no reason to expect any change in speed.
My usage in the last few months was about 1 GB which ended up costing me about 800 bucks plus CPE rental. So I expect to end up saving about 400 bucks a month. If my usage increases further I'll go for the DSL 599 plan that gives me 2.5 GB.
All the while i'll still get 2 Mbps. :clap:
Me also thinks 399/599 plans shall be ok for me as i do not download stuff.
I save some money with DSL399 plan and get higher download limit with higher speeds, that should be more than enough over the present 1GB limit and 256kbps cap in 590NU or get higher speed and even higher download limit with DSL599 plan for almost nothing extra.

But i was wondering if the 256kbps UL plan will be better for online gaming. :)
Then again, i am a bit busy for now and maybe i should send some more letters soon.
Coz 600/- in Delhi and 1000/- here is a full Rs.400/- more expensive here and may actually work out to twice as much here as there with taxes. :no:

Go to your account page @ register.mtnl.net.in and check the plan listed there. That's a good way to confirm change of plans.

what does math does if a person having 256kbps line get 2 mbps speed on it?

As pointed by others, this would be capped instead of the 'up to' 2.0 Mbps. So its a difference of 1:8 in terms of speed between 256Kbps and 2Mbps as against the 3:1 for allowable time for downloads (12am - 8am for NU). This may sound confusing as I may not be explaining it properly, but it sure does look like the NU guy may end up downloading more than the UL guy. Also all this is assuming that both are doing torrent downloads which can be scheduled.

So final word says that if someone is interested more in downloading stuff then the 849NU is what he should look for. I mean downloading 700 Mb movie on a 256 Kbps connection will take more than 6 hrs (considering an ideal situation where download speed is constant 32KBps) while it will be much lesser on a UPTO 2Mbps connection (even if one gets about 1Mbps). And considering all opinions here i feel people are getting close to 1.8 Mbps on the 849NU/256Kbps/1.25Gb plan.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Back