MTNL Mumbai Introduce Unlimited Plan Rs.999/-

@magnet

no. don't go for it.

Currently, I am using Rs.199/- wala plan where speed is 2Mbps and download limit is 400MB. Because of huge bills, I am changing the plan to 999 unlimited plan now....

I called on 1500, 1504 and also on 22221500 to get the plan changed and all the 3 women said that the speed won't go beyond 256kbps in the 999 plan in any case. They also told that the plan would not be changed immidiately but after a couple of days....

The other plans have speeds 256kbps to 2mbps and the unlimited plan has speed of upto 256kbps...

@magnet and knoughtyd

wait for a week or so that users reply of what speeds they get...Even I've booked for the 999 plan.

its more of gamble:mad: coz even after a week U cant be sure if things wouldnot change:p

it mite be the case where all the people who have booked at the start would get 2mpbs but later on realising the mistake they mite correct it :p

So its more like a gamble...if U win it its gud,but if lose then u r stuck with it:ashamed:

Me on 590NU with 2mpbs i would be damnd if I dnt get 200KBps n wud be then stuck with just 25KBps:mad:...is a plan changed allowed after a month?

even 840NU wud be better since it wud get me 2mbps:p

knoughtyd said:
Me on 590NU with 2mpbs i would be damnd if I dnt get 200KBps n wud be then stuck with just 25KBps:mad:...is a plan changed allowed after a month?

even 840NU wud be better since it wud get me 2mbps:p

ya knoughty u dont change the plan now else...u will b screwed alot.....since ull have to go for 849 plan later as 590 they have stopped

magnet said:
ya knoughty u dont change the plan now else...u will b screwed alot.....since ull have to go for 849 plan later as 590 they have stopped

yup me stickin to 590NU...:) getting a bit greedy mite cost me big time:ashamed:

Yaar, when you book 256kbps plan, why any one will assure you to get 2mbps speed ever? It's pure luck & for user like me 256 is Very good, if I get it FULL.

If you can manage for Night Download etc. than stick to 59NU, but I'm doubt they may have some limit for NU plan Free Night Uses too.

Again i want to repeat......though mentioned 256kbps...mtnl is the only player here in mumbai who offer speed more than what it advertise.....

And we ppl excited is because all 256kbps plan ppl used to get 2 mbps....though first time they havent advertise ' upto 2mbps' stuff...so we are in wait and watch policy...whereas a person has already got 2mb speed who shifted to it......

i m on hathway 730 with taxes...256kbps plan........but avg speed i get is 24 thats the reason i want to shift

magnet said:
..i m on hathway 730 with taxes...256kbps plan........but avg speed i get is 24 thats the reason i want to shift

I'm getting same or low speed with MTNL in day time while downloading. I like MTNL as no other player in my area who constantly give at least 18-24kbps without interruption in service. :)

Well now i feel i shdnt expect much and ppl who shift to this plan will have to settle or will get settle at low speed.....

Simple reason mtnl have started new plans with higher rates like 512,1mb and 2 mb plan...if a person gets upto 2mbps on 256kbps why will he go for 512 and 1 mb expensive plan....they will stand no reason to stand at first place......

Mayb existing customer might get high speed....but no chance for new customer like me.....so i guess ill have to stick with hathway or wait for 512 plan rates go cheaper...all charging above 1500+

Emperor said:
Did any one tried to CALL MTNL about the scheme? any official update? anything you get new from your call to MTNL about Unlimited Plans?

Update here ASAP

I called 1500 on 31st Dec late evening and asked for a change of Triband plan. They gave me a docket number a dn said they would call back to confirm the change.
I got a call on 1st Jan morning to confirm that my plan had been changed.:clap:
So it is quite simple really.
Some ppl have posted in this thread that the plan change is effected at the start of a month. That is not true. The change can be done at any time.
The only complication is that the billing becomes pro-rata for the month in which the change occurs.

Emil said:
I called 1500 on 31st Dec late evening and asked for a change of Triband plan. They gave me a docket number a dn said they would call back to confirm the change.

Some ppl have posted in this thread that the plan change is effected at the start of a month. That is not true. The change can be done at any time.

The only complication is that the billing becomes pro-rata for the month in which the change occurs.

what speeds are you getting now?

Emil said:
what speed u getting in download???

mihirpradhan204 said:
@OP
Thanks for the good news
:D
I have decided to go for the 999 plan. Can anybody tell me how do I do it??
On which number should I call them to get my plan changed?? Please someone give me the number quickly because I desperately want to change the plan from January...

I already have an MTNL connection. Will I have to pay the installation prices again??

I have 2 rigs at home. Can I connect 2 PCs with the same connection??

Also, if I have to purchase a modem rather than taking one on rent, should I buy it from MTNL or should I buy it from some shop??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE..

1. call 1500 and ask for change of plan. They will give you a docket number and tell you to await a confirmation call. Next day they will call to confirm the change. Login to your account page and verify that the plan has indeed been changed. Enjoy unlimited use. Note that your billing will be done on prorata basis. If you change say on the 10th of the month, you will pay 10 days rent at the old plan rate and 20 days at the new rate. If your old plan gave you 400 MB use, you will be billed for usage above 133 MB of the 1st 10 days. Got that?
2. If you already have MTNL broadband you don't have to pay installation charges again.
3. MTNL supplied me a ADSL router with 4 LAN ports. I can connect 4 rigs to this without extra cost. Don't know what they have given you. If you intend to buy your own router, go for the 4 port one. It hardly costs a couple of 100 bucks more than the single port one.
4. MTNL does not sell modem AFAIK. They just rent it out. You say you already have their connection. What router are you using? I think MTNL supplies a router only when you are taking a new connection. If you do go for a router from MTNL, please go for a wireless router. Even if you don't use WiFi, most WiFi ADSL routers come with 4 LAN ports so you needn't use the WiFi but you'll can connect upto 4 rigs even if they don't have WiFi. For some reason, MTNL charges the same rent now for wired and wireless routers. It is worth taking from MTNL and paying a rent of Rs 50/- rather than buying one. A wireless router will set you back around Rs 3500/-

knoughtyd said:
this is tempting shud i jump to the unlimited van...:S :ashamed:

but if doesnt happen then i will be left with just 25KBps speed:mad: instead of 2mpbs:mad: :mad:

Laalach buri bala hai:ashamed:

Hey man you got the 590NU so stick with it for a month or two. Let the 849ers be the ones who try first.
I believe that the 2 mbps cannot be guaranteed. Just because someone else is getting it does not mean you will.

@stalker and magnet
I am not a heavy downloader. I was on TriB200P plan and changed to the DSL399 plan. So absolutely no reason to expect any change in speed.
My usage in the last few months was about 1 GB which ended up costing me about 800 bucks plus CPE rental. So I expect to end up saving about 400 bucks a month. If my usage increases further I'll go for the DSL 599 plan that gives me 2.5 GB.
All the while i'll still get 2 Mbps. :clap:

emil plz mention the speed u getting sir

esit::sorry saw the post now...congo hope it continue for a month later ill change the plan to it if speed remains so

I home someone does the math here (I am bad at it)

It looks like a person on a 849NU plan (2Mbps) can end up downloading more per month than 256kbps unlimited. Also, you just have to keep your PC up during the nights as opposed to 24 hrs.

Kneo said:
I home someone does the math here (I am bad at it)

It looks like a person on a 849NU plan (2Mbps) can end up downloading more per month than 256kbps unlimited. Also, you just have to keep your PC up during the nights as opposed to 24 hrs.

what does math does if a person having 256kbps line get 2 mbps speed on it?

care to reply

Back