MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

WTF? :S

Why does this always happen after I shift to another ISP? Anyway, I'll think long and hard before ever shifting back to MTNL and it's pathetic customer service.

Hey i am on 1599 plan 1mbps..

But problem with mtnl is they charge u old rate untill the customer calls and say..See listen u people have reduced the price and should aplly the same to me.

Happened to my friend who was on 999 plan and rates got reduce to 750 something ...Is the case so?

MAGNeT said:
Hey i am on 1599 plan 1mbps..

But problem with mtnl is they charge u old rate untill the customer calls and say..See listen u people have reduced the price and should aplly the same to me.

Happened to my friend who was on 999 plan and rates got reduce to 750 something ...Is the case so?

You better get it clarified through their customer care. But ideally they should now start charging you 999 + taxes on their own from next month but still better confirm.

amrit_iyer said:
Nice pricing,

BTW How good is the service provided by mtnl??

Thats f&k all....at my place whenever i used to register broadband complain they used to call and say landline is working fine...

ALso sometimes their service guy dont know what they are doing

But the best stuff is u download contents worth 1 year of other broadband plans sometimes in 1-3 months...downloaded 700giga in 7 months..earlier it was 170gb per year for me in hathway

dinjo said:
Changed my plan to 999 UL , just call 1500 and ask them to change the plan which would be effective from 1st march.

i am on 512 kbps UL and called up 1500, they said that from 1st march, your current plan will change to 1 mbps :ashamed:

anyone else called up to change their plan ?

amrit_iyer said:
Nice pricing,

BTW How good is the service provided by mtnl??

For me it has been a really good service. Almost negligible downtimes so calling customer care for broadband issues was out of question :hap2:

puns said:
i am on 512 kbps UL and called up 1500, they said that from 1st march, your current plan will change to 1 mbps :ashamed:

anyone else called up to change their plan ?

Yes they do it from start of month,@puns what download speed do you get on 512kbps ?

Anyone who has shifted to this plan, please post you speedtest results once it's done. Also how much data can we expect to be downloaded if the rig is on 24/7?

Back