MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

raksrules said:
Can anyone tell me where i can i make speed related complaints to MTNL ? I am on 752 kbps plan but i am only getting 512 kbps or less speed. I tried contacting the 198 helpline but it only has IVR and no human comes to talk :S

Tried restarting the modem? Happens to me sometimes. Just modem reboot usually sets the caps back to normal for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Shripad said:
Tried restarting the modem? Happens to me sometimes. Just modem reboot usually sets the caps back to normal for me.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Actually what happened that last week they set it to 608 kbps downstream which is obviously less than my plan speed. Now today morning they magically resetted it to about 1 Mbps but that continued for only couple hours when they set it back to 608 kbps :mad:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pranut said:
@raksrules
Try Online Complain, works for me..
Link please. I am not able to locate it :ashamed:

manu1991 said:
Manu i tried this but here too the options are limited. I selected Others from the drop down and expected some kind of text box to come where i can actually write about my issue. But nothing of that sort. With just Others being selected they would never know what the actual problem is :(

On the Delhi one too there are very few options , i select anything , they usually call me to ask whats wrong . Also if your problem isn't getting solved , write an email to the GM (India Broadband Wiki: MTNL Mumbai Information) with your problem and all account/contact details . When my speed wasn't being upgraded from 512k/s to 1mbps , i wrote an email and it was done instantaneously .

Which is the best way to apply for speed reduction ? I am currently on 752 kbps plan and want it reduced to 512 kbps because of very minimal usage. How do i go ahead with it ?

raksrules said:
Which is the best way to apply for speed reduction ? I am currently on 752 kbps plan and want it reduced to 512 kbps because of very minimal usage. How do i go ahead with it ?
Call 1504 or 1500 and ask them to change ur plan...

Back