MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

My connection went down two days ago. I kept it for downloading and in the morning it wasn't working. After running the diagnostics, the ATM segment ping, end-to-end ping and PPP server connection are failing. The DSL Synchronization and Authentication Pass though. The weird thing is when I call 198 and try to register a complaint it says "My number has been temporarily DISCONNECTED" WTF!!! , I mean I'm getting a dial tone and everything.

Does anyone have any clue as to what caused this? Will have to wait till tomorrow to call them (1504 is useless :( )

>> Testing Ethernet LAN connection ...

PASS

>> Testing ADSL Synchronization .

PASS

>> Testing ATM OAM segment ping ...

FAIL

>> Testing ATM OAM end to end ping ...

PASS

>> Ping Primary Domain Name Server .

SKIPPED

>> Ping Yahoo! ...

PASS

What does this mean ???

kekerode said:
^ I am also on same plan 849 NU ... so if u r getting full 2Mbps speed then according to calculations you will end up downloading almost same amount of data in both plans .. around 8GB to 9 GB approx (1 GB more on 1Mbps)

But for it u need only 10 Hrs on 2Mbps plan and on 1Mbps plan you need 24 Hrs ... so think abt power too if u r using power consuming rig to download

@manu1991 : Can you give me phone number to call for plan change plz ?
The number is 1500. You will find the same on the bill.

I was one of those getting much greater speeds on my MTNL connection than my plan allowed. But it seems MTNL just realized this and after a few hours of no service, the speeds are much lower than earlier. Anyone of this forum noticed much slower speeds in the past two days?

ajey255 said:
I was one of those getting much greater speeds on my MTNL connection than my plan allowed. But it seems MTNL just realized this and after a few hours of no service, the speeds are much lower than earlier. Anyone of this forum noticed much slower speeds in the past two days?

Well when I switched over to this plan from my previous 590NU, i was still getting the 2Mbps bandwidth. Then after 2 weeks, my connection went dead and when it came back on i was on 1Mbps :(

I guess the only was to downgrade the speed is for them to disconnect the line, but the morons wont reconnect untill you call them which is really stupid :|

the upload speed sucks ass. As a result i am off most private trackers can do nothing but leech most places. :(

Any idea if at all the upload speed correction is happening soon?

SharekhaN said:
the upload speed sucks ass. As a result i am off most private trackers can do nothing but leech most places. :(

Any idea if at all the upload speed correction is happening soon?

why not just get a seedbox for a month. the upload u can do in a month will easily last you 1-2yrs considering you are on a 2mb download connection.

^^ Its just not private trackers, but uploading photo's and even surfing should be a pain at that speeds?

BTW what are the charges of a seedbox like for a month?

I paid around 700 a month IIRC , for 3 months, now I have 3TB , 1.5TB and 700GB upload in the sites i most frequently use .

Homer said:
Well when I switched over to this plan from my previous 590NU, i was still getting the 2Mbps bandwidth. Then after 2 weeks, my connection went dead and when it came back on i was on 1Mbps :(

I guess the only was to downgrade the speed is for them to disconnect the line, but the morons wont reconnect untill you call them which is really stupid :|

I'm also getting more speed than im entitled to in my plan...but my net hasn't been working since friday. But i won't be complaining in fear they might downgrade me :p Earlier also i was getting more speed and they cut off the net and when i complained they sent a guy who downgraded me. But now again they're giving me more speed since they doubled speed of 256 and 512 users. So i wont complain this time...experience has taught me otherwise!!

Im currently using my neighbors shitty connection through wifi :D

Finally moving away from my cable internet connection to MTNL, applied for landline on Saturday. Today 2 guys came with the handset and said line will be activated by tomorrow. Pretty fast service. :hap2:

Will apply for the 1mbps plan after the line is active. Hope me too get more speed than the plan for at least a few days. :ashamed:

Back