MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

yup, ive experienced the 1st instance mentioned here but very rarely.. using the 749ul plan getting 80kbps dl speeds.. ive used mtnl for 3 months or so now and havent had any downtimes atall.. great service.
raksrules said:
MTNL disconnection can happen under one of the following circumstances

1. When a call is received and we pick the phones
2. When we pick the phone receiver.
3. MTNL line problem. This happens in my case where while i am using the net, it shows "Network cable unplugged" and then again shows connected, all in a matter of 3-4 seconds.

Now this thing has a problem with HTTP downloads(sans download manager) but with torrent i dont face any problems, just that nothing would be downloaded for that time and will start connecting to peers again after reconnection.

raksrules said:
I dont think they updated 1 Mbps to 1.3 Mbps in 999 plan. Probably because of MTNL goofup you getting it.

+1 Officially mtnl doesnt give that speed..ofcourse goofup

Have applied for 999 plan ...Right now on 1599

happy 600 buks per month would earn extra

raja_mastana said:
The speed is also increased from 1mbps to 1.3mbps for UL 999/-

raja_mastana said:
^^ Yes, 1.344 Mbps to be precise. I saw a MTNL circular which mentioned that.

For 1599/- plan, not 999/- iirc.

999 plan was 512Kbps unlimited and speed has been doubled to 1Mbps.

But 512Kbps unlimited for Rs.599/- +taxes is a very good plan for general users- decent speed for not too much. :)

raksrules said:
I dont think they updated 1 Mbps to 1.3 Mbps in 999 plan. Probably because of MTNL goofup you getting it.

MAGNeT said:
+1 Officially mtnl doesnt give that speed..ofcourse goofup

Have applied for 999 plan ...Right now on 1599

happy 600 buks per month would earn extra

As MTNL puts it, they have upgraded speeds in each plan and it seems better that way than saying rates have been dropped. :)

Introduction

Rental ----- Previous speed ----- Upgraded speed (w.e.f.16-02-2010)

599 - 256 - 512Kbps

749 - 384 - 752

999 - 512 - 1Mbps

1599 - 1M - 1.344Mbps

I got this connection 3 days ago. Everything is smooth so far. The only issue is that the latency is not that great to singapore.

Otherwise, I have been able to get 2 mbps constantly, I dont know when that would change though.

THe new prices have made it actally quite competent...if fact now the the charges are less than what my isp (at work) youtele is providing...sure feel like a duff that I moved to airtel from mtnl.

For some weird reason they are just upping the download speed. It would be great if they can give better upload speeds also. I suppose none of the broadband ISPs provide upload speed of more than 256kbps. Any particular reason ??? :S

At least BSNL Kolkata provides upload rate upto 768kbps

I get upload speeds of 76kbps average everyday.

I am really jealous of you guys . You get 1 mbps unlimited @ 999 p.m. whereas we still don't have any mention of 1mbps or 2mbps unlimited in Kolkata from BSNL

They said they were gonna upgrade BSNL Kolkata broadband speeds to 16mbps by October 2009 . Guess they never make it on time

What are the pings to Singapore like.. 110-130ms? or 300? Hope the download rates are stable. I should be getting my connection in a couple of days.

SharekhaN said:
close to 20 kbps actual, bye bye private trackers :(

Ok, there goes my application out of the window :mad: Thats just too slow, it will hamper daily surfing too.

For some weird reason they are just upping the download speed. It would be great if they can give better upload speeds also. I suppose none of the broadband ISPs provide upload speed of more than 256kbps. Any particular reason ???

Reliance provides the same bandwih upstream as well downstream. I get 55 kbps upload speeds, and 45 kbps download speeds. Although its expensive, I can maintain ratios, not to mention the low irritation levels while uploading a huge batch of pictures etc...

got the 750rs unlimited in office. 750kbps scheme i think. getting 2mbps on speedtest & 256kbps upload. very decent.

i had 1mbps unlimited earlier at home which used to give me 2mbps. upload speed was same 256kbps. anyways for people worried abt uploading to private trackers, just get a seedbox for 1month. u can upload enough which will last you for a year easily.

Got my plan changed to 1mbps 999. It got activated today. But still download is at 2mbps.(was on NU plan)

ON download frenzy till it lasts :p

Now I am thinking of cancelling my reliance wimax connection as their plans for wimax are unjustifiably expensive. Costing 1k more than the wired connection for same speed even though wimax is only as good as wired connection :mad: And its 1.5k more expensive than MTNL. So to keep it now will be stupidity on my part.

If they dont change plan till 17th (thats my billing date ), I will cancel my reliance after 5 great years and just rent a seedbox (it will still be cheaper than owning reliance after paying mtnl charges + seedbox charges ) and get another mtnl connection on my second landline (need 2 connections )

I had asked to change my plan from T200p to 999UL , but still its not showing on website.

I asked to change plan over phone (1500).

I asked them by calling 1504 and 1500, they are saying that my plan has already changed to 999UL from 1st march., and it will only show after 6-7th march.

Should I start using net?? or wait?

Back