MTNL Mumbai reduces 1 mbps UL Tariffs to 999

Shit this's way too cheap! 1mbps UL for 1000 INR. I'm paying 850 for Youtele 512kbps UL. :(

Way to go MTNL.

@Aces and Sheru: Get a seedbox if you are planning to deal with private trackers. Initially the UL speeds sucked for my ISP as well and I almost bit a seedbox deal but gave up when the UL speeds were back to normal. You can get one for as low as 350 INR per month. stalker and the rest of the Chennai gang had shared a seedbox (1TB me thinks) for almost that rate.

We should have this speed.

821327978.png

why buy seedbox ?? instead you can get HF premium in same price.And download as much as you want without need to seed and without something hogging your disk space.

I used to be a hardcore torrent user but gave all account (not lame acs but accounts like SCT,iplay,bitmetv....etc) to friends and shifted to http. :)

I don't care about the 1MBPS plan i am wondering when they'll change the price of the 2MBPS Unlimited plan. I have to pay 4500/- every month

Aces170 said:
Hmm I have taken the 512kbps plan, am getting 1.9MBPS down link, but uplink is at 160 kbps....
wait untill your profile gets allocated in few days and speeds should return to normal as per your plan

Lol is that so, then I need to upgrade my plans once they get normal, but my neighbor has 320 KBPS plan, and he is getting 1.8mbps speeds since 2-3 months...

Aces170 said:
Lol is that so, then I need to upgrade my plans once they get normal, but my neighbor has 320 KBPS plan, and he is getting 1.8mbps speeds since 2-3 months...
is it Night unlimited one or the Unlimited one ??????????

i am planning to take one, so just want to ask about these night unlimited & unlimited

night unlimited, the day speed is limited & night speed is upto 2 to 4 mpbs depending on the plans ...

in unlimited, the speed is limited for all 24hrs for whatever the plan is or the speed is more during the night ?????

hope i was able to put it clear

Aces170 said:
all depends on the laziness of employees :p and some luck. ;)

Aces170 said:
Not at all surprising...all depends on luck...this is what happened with me right from the time i have MTNL

Early 2009 - Took 256 kbps UL plan...Got 2Mbps UL :p

August 2009 - MTNL decided to double speed...screwed me...since i was on 256kbps now i had 512 kbps plan..effectively 1/4th of what i was getting :mad:

I started getting 1.33Mbps speeds somehow after a while

Jan 2010 - MTNL again decides to give people double speed

I get screwed again....they give me 1 Mbps so i have reduction of about 0.33 Mbps

I shift to 752 kbps plan but speed is still 1 Mbps

My triband is down for couple of days...and when it is back i am back to my 752 kbps speed.

Just to reiterate i do get more than 256 kbps of upload speed on MTNL triband. I cross checked on the ADSL router page by going to 192.168.1.1 and it says my upstream is 800 kbps :)

Check utorrent scresnshot here...check the upload

2mh8v9k.jpg

One issue is it shows my downstream as 576 kbps even when i am on the 752 kbps plan. Have complained to them but they have not rectified it yet :mad:

To my surprise MTNL guy called me about my complaint today (yeah on a bandh day) and the next thing i check, my connection has been jacked up and that too even more. On my 752 kbps plan they have changed the downstream to 1184 kbps and upstream to 852 kbps :yahoo:

Aces170 said:
Hmm I have taken the 512kbps plan, am getting 1.9MBPS down link, but uplink is at 160 kbps....
I was too until today they reduced mine....:(:(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
To my surprise MTNL guy called me about my complaint today (yeah on a bandh day) and the next thing i check, my connection has been jacked up and that too even more. On my 752 kbps plan they have changed the downstream to 1184 kbps and upstream to 852 kbps :yahoo:

What exactly did u complain mate ?? Im the only one in my locality whose speed has been reduced to the orignal 512 everyone else is still getting 2mbs...

I think i celebrated quiet early. They pulled me back to downstream of 608 kbps which is less than my plan speed of 752 Kbps :mad:

Need to complain again now.

Can anyone tell me where i can i make speed related complaints to MTNL ? I am on 752 kbps plan but i am only getting 512 kbps or less speed. I tried contacting the 198 helpline but it only has IVR and no human comes to talk :S

Back