MTNL Mumbai Revises Its Unlimited Broadband Plans, More Speed Day and Night

malhotraraul

Skilled
Mumbai’s largest Broadband service provider Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) continues to shower its love on Mumbaikar using its Broadband Services. MTNL today announced that it has renovates its Unlimited Broadband Plan portfolio, increased the Downloading Speed while day time and also more ‘Night Hours’ for all Unlimited plan subscribers in Mumbai circle.

More Speed (Day Time) – Same Price :

Now MTNL’s Unlimited Broadband plan users under Plan-495 Combo, Plan-599, Plan-749 and Plan-999 will get increased speed (day time) of 384 Kbps (existing 320 Kbps), 608 Kbps (existing 512 Kbps), 832 Kbps (existing 752 Kbps), 1.13 Mbps (existing 1 Mbps) respectively without any extra charges.

Increased Night Hours : With the Free Speed Up-gradation for Day Time, MTNL also increased “Night Hours†for all Unlimited Broadband Plan subscribers. Now MTNL’s Unlimited Broadband plan users will get more additional downloading Speed during night hours 6 pm to 8 am. Earlier the night hours was 8 pm to 8 am.

New Downloading Speed During Daytime and increased Night Hours will be effective from 1st Nov 2011.

MTNL Unlimited Broadband Plan In Details (Mumbai) :

mtnlmumbaiunlimitedbroa.jpg

SOURCE

I'm confused. What does this mean for the existing 888 plan which offers 512Kbps during day and 2Mbps during night?

Also, the speed have been very slow and fluctuating since Saturday. I couldn't go above 178KBps download speed in IDM. Could the implementation of these new plans be the issue?

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm confused. What does this mean for the existing 888 plan which offers 512Kbps during day and 2Mbps during night?

Also, the speed have been very slow and fluctuating since Saturday. I couldn't go above 178KBps download speed in IDM. Could the implementation of these new plans be the issue?

i think it applies to 888 plan too because even last time when night time was increased from 10hrs to 12hrs, 888 plan was not mentioned yet people got it, nevertheless just 21 hours left to check it out.

Pretty much all of BSNL's plans as of now have FUP! Not really worth it for heavy downloaders. Still have no choice but to stick to Home 500 night unlimited :(

Whoa!!! This is really a surprise. Night timing = 6pm to 8am!! :O

Never expected this after they made it 8pm to 8am. Awesome!

krishna_bhargav said:
Pretty much all of BSNL's plans as of now have FUP! Not really worth it for heavy downloaders. Still have no choice but to stick to Home 500 night unlimited :(

Almost 4-5 years now....

still no change in that plan :p

yeah nice move mtnl but interesting enuff when will they move beyond the 2mbps packages? they are capable of offering much more then what they are atm.

It would be awesome now 14 hours I'm on DSL 1333

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Its definitely happening due to Hayai launch

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

What i read on MTNL site

Other UL plans

# **- Downloading Speed During Daytime is effective from 1st Nov 2011.

# * Night period starts from 8 PM to 8 AM, 6PM to 8AM ( effective from 1st Nov 2011).

For DSL_555,888,133

# Truly Unlimited plans with no fair usage policy.

# *Night period starts from 10 PM to 8 AM.

Its only a matter of 1 hour now when this would be clarified.

Ok reached home and tested seems like DSL 1333 were not shifted to 2mbps from 6pm still on 1 mbps

Last night i turned on my pc at 7:30pm and got 2mbps till 1:30am when i opened the mtnl website to check for any updates. dunno if it was 1:30, or opening the site or just a coincidence that the speed boost ended just then.

As of now, my plan (combo 495) has not been shifted to the new speeds or timings. Called CC in the afternoon, and they were clueless (as usual) about the speed change. I told them to check their own website. The rep gave me a number for my local exchange, of course no one picks up the phone.

Back