[MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai Only

Re: [MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai

^ What are your pings ?

Re: [MTNL] New UNLIMITED Plans starting Rs.555/- | Day:320Kbps, Night:1Mbps | Mumbai

its since ages but its working fine for me

i m getting 20-25ms on an average

Looks like the disconnection issue has cropped up again. Since I changed the plan, it disconnects after roughly 5-6 hours gap. WTF?

Anyone else having the same issue?

1333 UL. 1Mbps during day and 2Mbps at night.

@nick2012 no thats about mumbai

@actually as per my experience 1 mbps is very unstable on mtnl's network

tell your attenuation and snr values frm routers homepage

Ethan_Hunt said:
Looks like the disconnection issue has cropped up again. Since I changed the plan, it disconnects after roughly 5-6 hours gap. WTF?

Anyone else having the same issue?
5-6hrs gap is nothing to complain abt....... its not cable net...... ppl r havin dc in 5-10mins gaps.....

I hav been using triband since 2006....... dc in 5-6hrs is best u can get on those old copper lines...... for me too its dc once every night while downloading..... utorrent speed graph shows the dc in the chart......

just got a e-mail from mtnl :

DSL_Unlimited_Combo_495

Day : 320Kbps
Night* : 512 Kbps

&

(25 local calls free)

@Panzer: You don't understand. When I re-joined MTNL this March, the disconnection issue was off the roof. After registering multiple complaints, a line man had finally fixed up the issue. It worked perfectly, without a single disconnection till just 2 days back. I applied for this plan change and the issue has came back again. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's extremely annoying, be it after 5 hours, or after 10 mins. I don't monitor my downloads, as I'm not home from 10:30 in the morning to 10:00 at night. So if it gets disconnected between this time, the entire time is wasted. So I NEED this connection to be stable, especially, now that I'm paying 1.6k for it and have a speed of 2Mbps during night.

Re: 1mbps/unlimited/MTNL/Rs 500!!!

malhotraraul said:
any source for this, i still have them wired as they have not removed it yet, i can shift back :p

i had hathway for 8 years started from 64kbps (3GB limit per month) to 1mbps (20GB Limit then 256kbps) but changed to MTNL, same price with no cap what-so-ever.
Have got it for the past 2 weeks, as of now, seems that there is no FUP; and I have already crossed 20GB. Only had 2 issues, but otherwise sailing smooth.

Speeds cap out @ 1Mbps, does not go beyond that speed. Its good. But DC sucks, its provided on a separate dialup connection, and max speeds are 2~3 MiB/s.

What speeds are you guys getting on sundays..

For me while downloading torrents, speeds are very poor and ping rates it seems are on the higher side, around 102.. This is the case only on sundays, rest all days, it works fine.

The 6 hour disconnection can only be resolved if you have static ip

I guess the issue is fixed. It hasn't dropped the connection since the last 2 days. Guess it was a post plan change hiccup. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
@Panzer: You don't understand. When I re-joined MTNL this March, the disconnection issue was off the roof. After registering multiple complaints, a line man had finally fixed up the issue. It worked perfectly, without a single disconnection till just 2 days back. I applied for this plan change and the issue has came back again. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's extremely annoying, be it after 5 hours, or after 10 mins. I don't monitor my downloads, as I'm not home from 10:30 in the morning to 10:00 at night. So if it gets disconnected between this time, the entire time is wasted. So I NEED this connection to be stable, especially, now that I'm paying 1.6k for it and have a speed of 2Mbps during night.
Well..... I agree..... hahaha.... somewhat........ I didnt mean any disrespect.......

U must be direct downloading(http ftp)........ cause as for torrents, utorrent automatically resumes torrents after reconnection......

btw which plan is for Rs.1.6k????? am on UL1333.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ethan_Hunt said:
Got 257-260KBps all day long. :D
thts just insane...... am maxed out at 220KBps..... lol

Is this MTNL plan applicable for anyone? Or are there pre-requisites? I stay in a rented apartment, can I opt for it? How long does it take for the MTNL people to activate it?

panzer008 said:
Well..... I agree..... hahaha.... somewhat........ I didnt mean any disrespect.......

U must be direct downloading(http ftp)........ cause as for torrents, utorrent automatically resumes torrents after reconnection......
I know you didn't mean any disrespect pal and my apologies for being so blunt. It's just that I like MTNL's plans and their speeds, however, if the connection crops up with an issue, then you'll have to travel hell & back to get some sort of resolution. I use Megaupload premium for my downloads via IDM. IDM usually keeps re-trying, when a connection drops, but I guess it doesn't work all the time and you end up getting 'error' on many files, which are queued for download.

panzer008 said:
btw which plan is for Rs.1.6k????? am on UL1333.....
I'm on the same plan. 1.6k is the final amount we would be paying, post all the taxes and rentals being piled on. ;)

For last 2 days very high pings and speed is around 1.65mbps anyone else facing the same issue

dinjo said:
For last 2 days very high pings and speed is around 1.65mbps anyone else facing the same issue
maybe rain issues..... ping is normal for me..... so r download speeds.....

Back