MTNL Triband speeds

I am on the DSL 849 night unlimited plan i do not get more than 45 kbps download speeds in the day or night..Is anyone facing a similar problem ?What does Mtnl Triband speed depend on ?

The distance between you and the Central Office (CO).I have no idea how much is the range but I can asure you if you fall within the range you should be getting a dowld speed of 200Kbps avg.Thats what I get.Call up 1504 and lodge a complaint and they should fix it.:hap2:

techmaster said:
I am on the DSL 849 night unlimited plan i do not get more than 45 kbps download speeds in the day or night..Is anyone facing a similar problem ?What does Mtnl Triband speed depend on ?

What is ur expectation? how much should you be getting ?

I think ppl are getting atleast 100-200 kbps download speeds...

I am getting 40kbps max

Attached router stats...

Attachments

• speed.JPG
    speed.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 122
Techmaster,

You are getting duped by MTNL. That data rate should be 2048 and not 1065 that's showing in your stats. Also the Upload rate should be atleast 256 and not 171. This is what we get in Delhi and I average around 204-210 in Utorrent easily in the Night. And I'm damn sure that all of Mumbai 849NU custmores are synced at 2048kbps and 256kbps DL/UL respectively.

Contact MTNL asap.

Also your SNR Margin and Line Attenuation are acting insanely.

Mine figures for the following are

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) 2048 256
SNR Margin (dB) 30.2 22.0
Attenuation (dB) 16.0 9.0

And I think thats more or less same for most of the MTNL NU users. Get in touch with MTNL CC asap and get it rectified.

Hope it helps :)

Yup you should sync at 2048 K .
do u hear any static noise in your line ? ask lineman to check the line.
also try different modulation . Like G.dmt.

cisco_tech said:
Yup you should sync at 2048 K .

do u hear any static noise in your line ? ask lineman to check the line.

also try different modulation . Like G.dmt.

Ok i changed my modulation getting 120-125 kbps now in the morning will post what i get in the nights, and there is no static in my line its clear with no disturbances...

Also if you can explain how does the change in modulation affect the bandwidth ?

Thanks guys for the help

120-125K is the max you will get in the nights too because your'e synced at 1065 kbps downstream which is equal to 1mbps. Ask MTNL to sync you at 2048 kbps and then you will get speeds upto 2mbps. In 1mbps connection your'e getting the full possible 128kBps but when you'll be synced @ 2mbps like us you'll get max around 200-210(1.8mbps) because MTNL connection speed 2mbps is 'upto' 2mbps as they state in their website.

Looks like you were syced faultly at 1mbps instead of 2mbps by some stupid MTNL babu when your speeds were being upgraded.

I think the default profile on All lines are 2048/256 K . but still you should double check with MTNL by lodging a complain .

@techmaster . u changed your modulation to what ?

your snr margin is too low. that is the reason MTNL might have reduced your speeds. ask them to check your line and request them to change it.

cisco_tech said:
I think the default profile on All lines are 2048/256 K . but still you should double check with MTNL by lodging a complain .

@techmaster . u changed your modulation to what ?

I changed to G.dmt as u said...

Yea will lodge a complaint tomm,hopefully they understand and do something ...

SNR margin is low so is it bad or good ??

Are you sure you are not a victim of manipulation?
how does it feel to be on the receiving end of the shit end of the shit u kept giving to people on I Gate
Enjoying the taste of your own medicine?

Hi there could you check my stats too especially the Attenuation.snr margin etc

i never heard of those terms. also what would be the ideal values of the terms you guys just said??

also if you could explain them what acutally they are?

btw, me on BSNL broadband

vishalk said:
Are you sure you are not a victim of manipulation?
how does it feel to be on the receiving end of the shit end of the shit u kept giving to people on I Gate
Enjoying the taste of your own medicine?

now this is confusing - want to elaborate?

TheIndian said:
now this is confusing - want to elaborate?

hi,
yeah why not, infact he is the guy who used to manipulate things on igate.....this fraud bhushan, the owner of igate used to give this techmaster, a.k.a. tejas server acess and this guy used to manipulate everything from downtimes to bandwidth so that he could get more by cheating others. the isp used to favour him doing all of this and has never intervened as to why someone he trusted manipulated the entire network. the reason i learnt was that this guy was a hacker and b4 the isp gave him server acess, he had hacked the servers for more bandwidth then what he should be getting.

anyways i am no more part to that sub-standard isp as he was the biggest fraud i have seen and i wish if i were on his network now, then i would have had a simiilar expose on some media channel.

i am glad that back in jan i made the right decision coz techmaster was manipulating too much in trems of bandwidth and it jus was not the moneys worth. today, that isp has completly lost connections in my area and due to some factors, he is now unable to provide techmaster too...

seems like techenclave.com is one of the ****ing sub standard forums who cannot handle the truth.....whatever i had mentioned about that techmaster was the truth and there are a few who are not members of a sub standard forums and would share my views about him and that service...

it really shows what sort of community is techenclave if posts made are deleted jus becoz one their members is exposed doing his deeds and manipulating others to fullfill his own needs and greedy urge for bandwidth.

its a shame that u guys have deleted that post and i guess this is my last post on this forurms so if u wish to u can for sure delete my profile as i dont like wasting my time posting on a forums where PEOPLE JUS CRIB FOR NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE THE NET OR MAYBE DOWNLOAD OR BEG FOR INVITATIONS FOR A TORRENT TRACKER COZ THEY ARE JUS HELPLESS AND SO LAZY THAT THEY ARE UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING.....

REMEMBER U CAN NEVER RUN FROM THE TRUTH COZ IT ALWAYS HAUNTS U BAD.......

seems like techenclave.com is one of the ****ing sub standard forums who cannot handle the truth

i think you have been watching too many conspiracy movies. even if your comments are true, baseless (you have offered no proof) comments are not tolerated here and plus they were completely OT in this thread and hence deleted

every thread on te can be used as a reference in case the problem happens to someone else and unrelated comments will be pruned out

and remember the standard of TE is based on its members and nothing else

Back