MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now At Just Rs. 750

Hades.

Skilled
Source: TELECOM TALK

In an attempt to triggering another price war before the launch next generation 3G Mobile and Data service by private operators in Delhi telecom circle, India’s first 3G Mobile service operator Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), today announced the launch of 3 new 3G Data Plan for its postpaid and prepaid subscribers.

MTNL slashes the 3G Unlimited Data Plan cost up to 58% and introduced bucket of new 3G offers including Unlimited Prepaid/Postpaid Advance Rental/Payment Plans.With the launch of new 3G recharges now the Unlimited 3G Data Plan will effectively cost at just Rs. 750 per month for Home and Roam usage.

MTNL Delhi introduces 2 new “Advance Rental Data Card Unlimited Plan” and with the Plan-4500, the effective cost of Unlimited 3G Data Downloads will be as low as Rs. 750/month. The new new 3G Data plan for Rs. 4500 comes with the validity of 180 days and provide Unlimited Free High Speed wireless Broadband 24×7 anywhere in India (Home and Roam).

However Initially a data cap of 200 GB per month shall be placed in Unlimited Plans, however if any customer exceeds the usage, the excess charges can be waived off. MTNL 3G subscriber can enjoy Free data Roaming in more than 700 cities across India with BSNL 3G network.

The new data coupons will be available through Etopup system and Promotional scheme shall be implemented for 90 days w.e.f 31.01.2011 to 30.04.2011.

All the New 3G data Plans will be launched in Mumbai with in few days!

1i0jh4.jpg

Now We Mumbai Users Can Expect Some Price Wars :D

The charges are said can be waived off. That will be done initially when speeds are not compromised.
I think they should start upgrading their speeds first.
All private operators are providing 21mbps speeds atleast they should support 10mbps speeds.

are not we all being greedy and unrealistic !!

10mbps + unlimited @1600 , you know what that means !!

the max we must pray is that they dont have sheared connection , ( the more users on one tower , the lesser the speed )

BSNL is plagued with it , i would be happy if i get 3mbps constant speed always.

I had used mtnl 3g and am using reliance 3g. Believe me when you get constant speeds of over 1.2MB/Sec nothing will look good in front of it.
When i had used mtnl 3g earlier i got speeds of around 220KB/sec most of the times.
All speeds were on my 10mbps phone so reliance can be more faster too.

but I have a small doubt : is that 200Gb cap for that 6monthly plan as well? that would effectively mean that the monthly cap on that plan will be 200/6=33Gb. not cool!

also, no where does it mention whether or not we have to take a voice plan for this 3G sim? In their tariff page for 3G Jadoo it mentions a 149 p.m voice plan as base plan..

Hope someone can clarify..

Are the 3G speeds even reliable on MTNL network? Anyone currently using it in Bombay?

200GB FUP is pretty good compared to shitty Airtel FUP's.

The speeds are pretty reliable on mtnl if you are happy with 3mbps speed. The fup wont kick in soon i think but they have kept it as trump card incase they need to apply it when speed goes bad.as of now due to low congestion it should work fine.

I'm content with even 2 MEGS & 200GB FUP. :p

My only stipulation; It should be stable, both, in terms of speed & connectivity. I have heard of disconnection issues being pretty common on 3G connections and that's something which I can't stand.

I had used it prior to reliance 3g and it served the purpose quiet well. The speeds are capped at 3mbps i think and you can forget watching streaming content on it. I tried and it failed miserably on that.
Other than that there were no disconnection problems on it.

I am using MTNL 3G sim on my iPhone and getting constant speeds of 220kB/s. There are some disconnection issues but I see them only when I am traveling in the metro. Car rides and stationery use is seamless.

Now my doubt is that if I buy one of those USB modems and put the MTNL sim in it, then will I be connected to their 3G network? Because 2mbps at 750/month is very very good. 200GB cap is not an issue anyway as there is only so much we can download.

Ok i tried streaming today. It was better than previous occasions.got around 1mbps on speedtest where earlier used to get around 0.2mbps so they seemed to have improved upon their connectivity issues.

ggt said:
Ok i tried streaming today. It was better than previous occasions.got around 1mbps on speedtest where earlier used to get around 0.2mbps so they seemed to have improved upon their connectivity issues.
GGT... How is reliance 3G? is it better than MTNL 3G?

I'm a bit confused, the post paid and pre-paid plans for one month start at Rs.1650/- then where is the 750 bucks plan? It would definitely be worth a shot Rs.750/-

Any good 3G USB modems recommended?

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm a bit confused, the post paid and pre-paid plans for one month start at Rs.1650/- then where is the 750 bucks plan? It would definitely be worth a shot Rs.750/-

Any good 3G USB modems recommended?
4500 / 6 Months = 750 Per Month... :)

Hades. said:
GGT... How is reliance 3G? is it better than MTNL 3G?
if you leave aside pricing and FUP. reliance is miles ahead of MTNL3G. i get constant 1.2MB/sec on it anytime of the day
am adding screen of my download speed.
P.S i am using nokia c5 (10.2mbps phone so not the optimum speed by reliance standards)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW, this plan is only in Delhi right now, Bombay should be launching soon though hopefully. BTW, Delhi and Bombay MTNL have some great tariffs for 3G Blackberry as well but does anybody know if national roaming for data is also free on these?

Back