Mukesh Ambani readies plans to roll out 4G data services, low cost tablets in 2012

Re: Mukesh Ambani readies plans to roll out 4G data services, low cost tablets in 201

HailStonE said:
Why not... Everybody was hopeful that 3G would improve the internet scene.. Look where we are standing right now.. ISP's are greedy & they will never offer it at an affordable price unless forced to & our incumbent TRAI + govt. would never do it... PERIOD...

Yes . Its expensive . The companies wont provide you at your terms. Try it , if the coverage is good pay a premium for that service .

Re: Mukesh Ambani readies plans to roll out 4G data services, low cost tablets in 201

xtremevicky said:
Yes . Its expensive . The companies wont provide you at your terms. Try it , if the coverage is good pay a premium for that service .

And you think most Indian consumers would be happy to pay the premium. One of the reason 3G failed was higher tariff + lower limits even in places where speeds were good... Unless prices are affordable mass acceptance will not happen. I personally don't trust them to come out with cheaper tariff... Nothing in the past had change this view a bit.. . Especially if its AIRTEL, TATA & Reliance...

HailStonE said:
And you think most Indian consumers would be happy to pay the premium. One of the reason 3G failed was higher tariff + lower limits even in places where speeds were good... Unless prices are affordable mass acceptance will not happen. I personally don't trust them to come out with cheaper tariff... Nothing in the past had change this view a bit.. . Especially if its AIRTEL, TATA & Reliance...

You do realize what has happened with 2G . Even that was very expensive to begin with . With time the rates will go down but they will still be not as cheap as 2G is.

Also , The amount of money they have spent for licenses and set up are high so the prices are bound to be on a higher side .

Wow typical crap. We dont have usable 3G plans and here we go talking about 4G. Trouble is, it all ends there, in the talking

hA1d3R said:
mukesh ambani can easily change the scene if he wants to . He already did it with CDMA , reliance network was top - notch better than airtel when it was under him .
Exactly.

Its mukesh ambani we are dealing with.he has power money and top notch management team so dont count him out.

He can throw 3g out of market.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on Aircel

Unless I see this happening I cannot change the stand... Doesn't matter if its Mukesh Ambani or even Bill Gates himself... My experience, as an Internet user in India is supported by current reality of ISP's greed which always make the end user suffer... :mad:

Its basic Indian mentality. Whatever degree they hold, any Indian LOVES to make the quickest buck.

Very few only wants customer loyalty and brand following.

^^ Its a business guys, they are not here to please us, they need return on their investments, they will offer plans that work for them, which sadly at the moment only corporate users use.

viralbug said:
Speak for yourself mate, coz a lot of people here really DO care!! :|

dunno whats the big deal about it, some dude wants others to coax him into buying 999 worth of shovelware , you make a point by keeping it as ur avatar, i reply with my opinion to an off topic post.

Remember when reliance launched their CDMA services

Under Monsoon Dhamaka One could get a phone for just 500 bucks

Just imaging...

"Reliance 4G Monsoon Dhamaka"

psyph3r said:
dunno whats the big deal about it, some dude wants others to coax him into buying 999 worth of shovelware , you make a point by keeping it as ur avatar, i reply with my opinion to an off topic post.

Lol dude, no big deal man. We're just supporting a good cause. :p
No offence meant.

Sad that airtel has not got the clearance to launch its services.
I mean monopoly is bad for customers right :(

ggt said:
Sad that airtel has not got the clearance to launch its services.

I mean monopoly is bad for customers right :(

It would be but then AIRTEL is never competitive in the pure essence. They prioritize existing offerings & don't innovate much. I just hope some other players with competitive edge should make the competition interesting. If some global telecom major would try to take advantage of 4G in India since they don't have to go through the hassle of last mile connectivity now then Reliance would be unable to monopolize. Its possible but can't be sure..

lets hope atleast mtnl in mumbai /delhi match upto reliance in 4g

Don't bet on very low tariffs. Reliance made HUGE losses with their Rs 500 phones and ultra cheap plans. They did that just to get into the market and get numbers. Even now profitiability is very low. They are planning on increasing tariffs as much as possible.

Mukesh has spent way to much for him to dole out cheap plans. My bet is that this will remain an expensive service just like 3G.

BF1983 said:
Don't bet on very low tariffs. Reliance made HUGE losses with their Rs 500 phones and ultra cheap plans. They did that just to get into the market and get numbers. Even now profitiability is very low. They are planning on increasing tariffs as much as possible.

Mukesh has spent way to much for him to dole out cheap plans. My bet is that this will remain an expensive service just like 3G.

:( hearing from the horses mouth :'(

but all know rcom is suffering from losses :p

why is m ambani then competing for that space if it wont be available for the masses?

because u say cheap wont be feasible then people wont accept it readily na :huh:

Back