Mumbai vs New Orleans. Now which is the third world country??

Yeah Everyone should knowGod's Balance:p:p

BAD JOKE THT WAS

But jokes apart i feel we are very lucky to be living in a country like India......its better than many African Countries where still there are fight based on Languages and castes(no offences but Tht is the truth).In tht comparision we are very happy and contented tht we have a pretty good harmony among ourselves

Yes we have a long way to go before we bcom a devped country......There exists 2 India one tht lives in villages which is combination of poor and lots of injustice and the other tht lives in cities and is quite prosperous(to an extent)

In a way i like China......lots of things common(with India).....with communalism they are progressing forward like anything.So what if they lose lots of ethics and make ppl keep a stoic silence.For the future they are creating a boon and are getting on fast on track..creating employment opportunities.And yes they have nothing to be scared of....they are not liable to anyone....India is liable to the US and wats to be in the good books.Puhleez gimme a break on this count.........I am living in a world where equality is preferred than "Bossing" around :mad::mad:

Nikhil said:
And other times when I feel proud to be Indian. And abt the US army defeating India in war---- Remember 1942?? Germany was faaaar superior to the USSR. They almost had the whole of the USSR under it's control.

but Russia had numbers. People were ready to fight for their country. The HUUUUGE population of USSR made it possible for USSR to take it's losses in it's stride. The German Army was faaar superior when it came to technology. But it still lost.
the russians did not defeat the germans, the russian winter did :)

Nikhil said:
Same goes in this case. We have large numbers of peopl and if it comes to all out war(god forbid that happens), the US will find India a much harder enemy than some puppet state of Iraw or Afghanistan. Both countries had almost no Air Force to speak of. They were beaten into submission by constant air raids on their cities and areas. Can you imagine the same thing happening in India?? I dont think so.

Next time, think before posting such crap. Comparing a war between Iraq/Afghanistan and the US and India and the US is total BULL$#!t.

when u talk of an all out war, r u urself prepared to fight in a war??how many indians do u think r ready to die for their country?? y don't u start a poll for that :)
n btw the iraqi airforce had mig 21,25,29's n sukhoi su-24,25's

hmmmn, nice slugfest going on around here , in the name of non partiality dont

forget u are indians and u sud always be partial to your home country , u guys need a crash course from our beloved neighbour PAKISTAN and america, its like even if ur dad makes a mistake in front of a stranger atleast at that place out of solidarity and love for ur family u sud support him and latter when u two are alone sud point this out to him, similarly even for face saving purposes , dudes , atleast hypocritically

start loving ur country, i did find a similar pattern in my earlier poll too,where most of the population of te is non-chalant and quite callous too the burning problems of the country, well its bcoz , ur country in name of democracy has given ourselves so much of freedom,,,

That now , we have become spiteful of our own country, :(, thats really heart wrenching, and bad and thats the reason why u have such low poll outcomes,

and hung parliaments, its the society which gives out such politicians and helps the system more by not ousting them but enjoying a public holiday sitting merrily at their cozy homes on the poll eve, saying "Who cares a shit

about all this", this is what i call harakiri of democracy , where the subtle balance of freedom is broken ....

Now, for the ppl, who say that comparing a neworleans with mumbai is incomparable , sur u are right SIR.....

Bcoz, u can evacuate new orleans with prior intimation, consider a city of the

size of mumbai and its dense population is it going to be as easy as new orleans to evacuate the entire mumbai even in a month??????????

Now does new orleans contribute to the kitty of america about 60 percent of the revenue earnings of the whole country, even when WTC debacle took

place the entire world economy went in to slumber, similar is mumbai's

ststus, consider the amount of loss india wud have faced if mumbai suffered

from such mass devastation, is usa going to suffer the same for the loss of new orleans,

And consider the size, power and money of america, is it comparable to india,

and the amount of loss even made by this simple (as few ppl explain it out here) flood is still much more in percentage comparision to neworleans considering the status to two countries,,,

Also if mumbai was going to be hit by hurricane , never ever and i vouch for the same wud there be such looting and arson (comparatively) as its still a matter of values and helping nature of indians which is different from the pirate nations like aus, and america...(who have got their nations not from non-violence but the same arsonry and looting of their local inhabitants)

So,if u compare both the cities , and trading-off both their deficincies and the conditions and the type of calamity which they have udergone and the type of intensity, i feel always mumbai comes-up trumps.......

let it be blind patriotism , then i am and not ashamed of being a true COUNTRY LOVING MORON, rather than backstabbing smarty, for the same reason as i gave in first para, being prejudicial for the benfit of ur own ppl is no moronishness i feel,,,,

Even if 1 american is stranded somewhere in the world the whole state rises

to protect him,even if he is a terrorist or a paedophiliac or anythin, but america will always make sure that it weilds its power, to extradite that fellon, from the alien country to theirs and thats wat is known as positive prejudice , which we totally lack.

And this loophole of our dove loving nation is known by all nations and pakistan with the help of usa is exploiting to the fullest,

Consider this -----can a wtc terrorist celebrate his daughters marriage with pomp and such publicity with america sitting at its place and watching the whole drama, but we do, due to fellas , who care no shit about this country, but like to exploit its democracy to the fullest....i think bombay blasts master mind (u all know i am hinting towards whom)is in way similar to wtc terrorist , but we only hear the news of his daughters pompous marriage on page 3,

This is americas war against terror(did u hear them firing scud missiles and patriot misslies at d's resident , well even he is red corner noticed, accepted by america as world terrorist), and this is the type of policy, which has got this flustering anger in us for ages, and when we vent it out at such ocassions , its our own brothers who pull us back.

Somebody has well said, that 1 indian alone is equivalent to 5 americans but when 5 indians get togather they will even destroy the work done by a single indian,,,,,

And i feel the flaw in this behaviour is with the way our democracy is implemented, we are not really fit to live in democracy and thus a good dictatorship wud atleast make us learn to repect our nation............

Its time that if we wnat to take india again to SONE KI CHIDIYA days we sud start repecting ourselves and our nation first,

i am not saying that u sud not point towards the drawbacks of our nations or its fallacies, but the tune in which it was put by some of u, it feels like U FELLAS ARE THE KINDA , fly BY NIGHT TO AMERICA(bloddy firangs in brown skin), AND DO HELL WITH INDIA, dudes, which i will be very straight forward and if it is sharp , then let it be, HATE THEM TO MY GUTS :mad: :mad:

@Appo ---- But the planes of Iraq never took off. They never had enough people to fly them in the first place and not enough skill to use them to it's full capabilities.

@Appo and Decadent_Spectre ----- Remember the time when American F-15s came to India for an aerial combat training?? The Indian Air Force kicked the USAF's ass. And now, they want to repeat the exercise with F-16s!!!

Shows the arrogance of the Americans. Think that they are always the best...

Nikhil said:
@Appo and Decadent_Spectre ----- Remember the time when American F-15s came to India for an aerial combat training?? The Indian Air Force kicked the USAF's ass. And now, they want to repeat the exercise with F-16s!!!

Shows the arrogance of the Americans. Think that they are always the best...
aarrgh!! this subject has been done to death
in the cope india combat exercises, the f15's (a 70's era fighter) was pitted against the sukhoi su-30k (a nineties jet)....n in all the training exercises the usaf planes were outnumbered 1:2

Viking said:
hmmmn, nice slugfest going on around here , in the name of non partiality dont
forget u are indians and u sud always be partial to your home country
partial to your home country doesnt mean that you start praising good things and neglect others.
Viking said:
, u guys need a crash course from our beloved neighbour PAKISTAN and america, its like even if ur dad makes a mistake in front of a stranger atleast at that place out of solidarity and love for ur family u sud support him and latter when u two are alone sud point this out to him, similarly even for face saving purposes , dudes , atleast hypocritically
start loving ur country :mad:
You are amazing... what makes you feel we dont follow that. OR maybe you are the stranger here and we need display solidarity in front of you. Whom are we talking to here.

I wonder what is wrong with you patriotic fanatics who are trying to prove us wrong. Its not that we criticise the country endlessly and are actually looking for the earliest opportunity to get out of this forsaken place. No, we love our country and we are proud of it but not on the premises you started this thread. Iwould rather be a pragmatic and realistic person than be a self-deluded/deluded citizen.

Renegade said:
partial to your home country doesnt mean that you start praising good things and neglect others.
I never said that we should ignore the bad things. Faar from it though. I started 2 threads regarding that.

But there are times when you should be proud of your country.

Interesting Thread.
But, like a few posts directed towards one country accusing of something, please try to refrain from posting such comments and keep the discussion healthy.
Thanks.
As for the subject of the thread.
No Comments.;)

Dear GOD! what are you? children? It is so rather disheartening to see you can be so proud of a country that fails to keep its cities clean...a country where inrural villages there is no law except that of a weapon,villages where people will tear you limb from limb to steal that extra 50 INR

YOU want to be proud of this shit hole?...that levies so much taxes that we *have* to play under the table to get anywhere? Where getting a legal papaer is not possible without a bribe?...

See YOU are one of the reasons why I so despise this country...everyone is just willing to play "good" to act patriotic but seriosuly WTF did you do to help eh?...do you pay ALL your taxes? Do you not pee on the walls?...I vote the USA make us the 51st State ...at least we will have clean streets and poverty will be made easier with unemployment benefits and people wouldnt be so hardpressed for things like food.

"That my friend is anarchy, one of the reasons we evolved"

No thats a government thats lenient...Anarchy is when a 6'6 guy with 32" bicxeps comes and rapes you and your family and you just watch and scream...that my dear friend is ANAZRCHY...take a dictionary it might help you.

Kingy - we have earthquake and floods but I doubt they can be compared to Katrina....the tsunami that hit last year barely dented Chennai...hadf it originated 50 miles offshore...THATS a catastrophe...but these India fanboys need some reason to feel proud because apparently they themselves have got $hit to be proud of...incidentally guys didn't you know? pride is the core reason of life and that it is the only reason we do things we do...eliminate pride and you shall be much better off...being proud IMO is not a good thing

"I dont wanna talk abt what happened in New Orleans coz i wasnt there... but yes in Mumbai i was...and i am proud to say that there was so much compasion seen everywhere...maybe the administration didnt work the way it was supposed to but the common man on the road rose to the occasion helping people they didnt know..it didnt matter who the person in need was where they had come from...the mere fact that he/she was another human being was reason enough to help..and this is 'Human Spirit'..."

I'm willing to bet for every 1 person that helped there were at least 100 who didn't give a flying **** what happened to the rest,help is again based off pride and internal psychological "ego"...damn man learn some psychology...

"But do the Americans have good enuf experience in counter-insurgency scenarios? How good are they at mountain war-fare? How well do they handle terrorism? Please dont make stupid n irrelevant comparisions...

So if you arent proud of your own country...please dont laugh at others who feel proud be Indians!"

...I dunno about you but the US hasnt really lost any wars [No vietnam was a military victory...the failure was a political one]...I know that the US was fighting some three fronts or more during WW2

I know that if not for the USA you and I would be typing on a japanese or german keyboard

I know if not for the USA after WW2 you would be typing on a russian keyboard

and I KNOW you have absolutely no friggin idea about the military...perhaps learn some eh?

I don't understand...if most of you are so compassionate why do project the impression that the death of US lives seems to bring joy to you?...is that your compassion my friend? so...biased...don't you think?...but nah ...what would I know...I'm a US fanboy of course

Nikhil the germans lost to the russians because

A] the germans had a front in Africa and western Europe as well
B] USA was helping finance the russian war machine
C] as apoly said the russian winter...it is the MAJOR reason for german defeat...the russian t-34 was already a bad ass tank but with the winter the konigstigers stopped working as they weren't designed for such harsh weather whereas the russians designed the T-34 for their climate so they basically ripped through german lines with ease....if you didn't know btw stalingrad was the bloodiest single battle ever fought, as I recall an estimated 5 million people died during the entire fight

Read Please - "Ignorance is bliss"

As for the Indian armed forces...well generally speaking their equipment sucks and their training isn't much better

You should take a Delta force or Marine recon and put em next to one of our own...you''ll see what it comes out as...

Incidentally in a nuclear war the US maintain fleets of SSBN[Ballistic missle submarine]...usually each submarine carries enough power to decimate half the major cities on the planet..even if by some amazingly god gifted miracle we nuke the US homeland...rest assured India will be radioactive...leave us not forget Indian nukes have very limited ranges ....

"Its time that if we wnat to take india again to SONE KI CHIDIYA days we sud start repecting ourselves and our nation first,
i am not saying that u sud not point towards the drawbacks of our nations or its fallacies, but the tune in which it was put by some of u, it feels like U FELLAS ARE THE KINDA , fly BY NIGHT TO AMERICA(bloddy firangs in brown skin), AND DO HELL WITH INDIA, dudes, which i will be very straight forward and if it is sharp , then let it be, HATE THEM TO MY GUTS "

...like you hate them ...I hate Indians...all people from TA will know this

I tire of you...and your persistent stupidity...go to america they can cure your disease.

"I dont wanna talk abt what happened in New Orleans coz i wasnt there... but yes in Mumbai i was...and i am proud to say that there was so much compasion seen everywhere...maybe the administration didnt work the way it was supposed to but the common man on the road rose to the occasion helping people they didnt know..it didnt matter who the person in need was where they had come from...the mere fact that he/she was another human being was reason enough to help..and this is 'Human Spirit'..."

I'm willing to bet for every 1 person that helped there were at least 100 who didn't give a flying **** what happened to the rest,help is again based off pride and internal psychological "ego"...damn man learn some psychology...

Firstly learn to look at the Positive side of things!! :p and then come blabber ur rubbish on here! :p

Why do u care abt the 100's who didnt help! why cant you be happy about the few others who did help?
"But do the Americans have good enuf experience in counter-insurgency scenarios? How good are they at mountain war-fare? How well do they handle terrorism? Please dont make stupid n irrelevant comparisions...

So if you arent proud of your own country...please dont laugh at others who feel proud be Indians!"

...I dunno about you but the US hasnt really lost any wars [No vietnam was a military victory...the failure was a political one]...I know that the US was fighting some three fronts or more during WW2

You think Vietnam ever had a chance agaisnt the USA? btw the the war against Vietnam is considered to be a failure for the USA...go look it up....

Talking abt the WW2....u think USA was the only country? wat the allies? it was the Allies who won and not USA alone....get ur facts right...Mr Militrary Expert!

As for the Indian armed forces...well generally speaking their equipment sucks and their training isn't much better

You should take a Delta force or Marine recon and put em next to one of our own...you''ll see what it comes out as...

Have you been in any of the above said military units in the USA or India? On wat basis are your comments based? Hollywood movies?
For you kind information the various armed forces use the counter-insurgent and high altitude traning facilities of the Indian Armed Forces....go read something called a newspaper!
Incidentally in a nuclear war the US maintain fleets of SSBN[Ballistic missle submarine]...usually each submarine carries enough power to decimate half the major cities on the planet..even if by some amazingly god gifted miracle we nuke the US homeland...rest assured India will be radioactive...leave us not forget Indian nukes have very limited ranges ....

Well that just shows their mentality...how shit scared they are of the rest of the world! They see a guy in a turban n beard....they either run like hell or shoot the guy! Thats great isnt it!
...like you hate them ...I hate Indians...all people from TA will know this

I tire of you...and your persistent stupidity...go to america they can cure your disease.

For this one very remark i guess....the Mods shld ban you! That will be Anarchy! But i guess you'll proabaly get a warning since we are Indian's...

I don't understand...if most of you are so compassionate why do project the impression that the death of US lives seems to bring joy to you?...is that your compassion my friend? so...biased...don't you think?...but nah ...what would I know...I'm a US fanboy of course

Show me one anti-USA remark in the whole thread!

"That my friend is anarchy, one of the reasons we evolved"

No thats a government thats lenient...Anarchy is when a 6'6 guy with 32" bicxeps comes and rapes you and your family and you just watch and scream...that my dear friend is ANAZRCHY...take a dictionary it might help you.

HUH a goverment thats lenient ? Whats the diff a 6'6 guys with 32" bicxeps comes and rapes and the goverment is lenient or you make a racsist remark which causes a furore and a country falls into anarchy, and the goverment is lenient ?

BTW heres the meaning of Anarchism and it broadly falls into remark you quoted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy_(word)

Also if mumbai was going to be hit by hurricane , never ever and i vouch for the same wud there be such looting and arson (comparatively) as its still a matter of values and helping nature of indians which is different from the pirate nations like aus, and america...(who have got their nations not from non-violence but the same arsonry and looting of their local inhabitants)

Dont be so positive, have you forgotten the Mumbai Riots, the Ahemedabad riots. PPl who kill in the name of religion are worst then loters or arsonist...

I dont understand why cannot you ppl be realistic. India is not so rosy as you picture, its improving but its far from being developed.

I dont understand why cannot you ppl be realistic. India is not so rosy as you picture, its improving but its far from being developed

Ya we are a developing country....but c'mon we can feel good about ourselves sometimes instead of endlessly cribbing :D

Kingy - we have earthquake and floods but I doubt they can be compared to Katrina

That my friend is an assumption. You make vague statements without facts.

To quote a steven segal movie (under siege 2 was it)

"Assumption is the mother of all f***ups".

HEHEH.

As for the destruction in New Orleans, well the reason that Americans are invariabyhit worse than most by such disasters is weak building material. Now don't laugh. Their buildings (as in multistoried apartments/offices etc) are definitely of far superior build quality, but the indpendent houses (with gardens garages and maybe even a swimming pool) that most of the population live in are made of wood. Yes, that is right - wood. That is the major building material, and that is also why they mostly use wallpaper while we use paint. In such a case, obviously hurricanes are going to blow destroy everything in sight.

We use concrete. Less damage.

The slums (in India) use tin sheds, villages use mud, and whenever something happens they are pretty much like NO.

^^Was gonna mention that, americans use way too much wood.
But wood is safe during an earthquake, concrete although safe against rain and floods is very dangerous during quakes.

Have to agree with DC on everything, this thread actually felt 'happy' about the new orleans tragedy as if it's something to be proud about.
Although the irrate whiney way he expresses himself can be done without.

Wraith said:
Talking abt the WW2....u think USA was the only country? wat the allies? it was the Allies who won and not USA alone....get ur facts right...Mr Militrary Expert!
the allies WOULD have definitely lost the war, had not america stepped in...
it was thnks to them that the war ended with a victory for the allies..or else britain was sure to get raped by the combined power of germany n japan...if they had not nuked japan we would be speaking japanese right now :D

KingKrool said:
but the indpendent houses (with gardens garages and maybe even a swimming pool) that most of the population live in are made of wood. Yes, that is right - wood. .

i think wood is a safer option especially in earthquake prone areas (u know if it falls on ya or something) thats one of the reasons to use wood in constructions.

plus its easier to put back up

Back