Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

I like the way they deal with you at SMC , you know nice people, direct talk & always in with a friendly advice . I have been their customer for over 5 years & more often than not i refer my friends to them.

Personally speaking , their customer service more than makes good the higher prices ( if any )

@OP: Moreover the box of the card bears an ASUS logo. Eventhough the box doesnt bear the name "ASUS" , they are not supposed to use this logo. It amounts to infringement of trademark where the infringer is liable for heavy damages from the trademark owner (ASUS) .

But you should have asked the bill copy first . Instead, it seems you've directly stated them everything and insisted them to refund cash which you shud'nt have done. You could have been a little patient in order to get the bill copy. Or atleast you could have demanded them another bill copy with the old date....

Ok past is past. Now...

Post a complaint letter to ASUS, apart from NVIDIA.

But since you dont have the bill i doubt any action will be taken..

guess what lol. i also have the same problem but mine was bought from china from 'pengcheng technology'. seems like some sort of geforce 7 series. now i was wondering. how do i tell nvidia about this if pengcheng are not prepared to do anything? btw i still have the bill

raxy said:
i did exactly that but they didnt give me the duplicate bill, and abt the compaint thing i need a bill to do that...also i am busy in my studies these days so i dont have any time to do so....

So did you get a replacement card at all? What about the complaints?

OMG WTF!! One day we should just go there and confront them(or even with police and show that the products there are fake)

I so feel like killing them after going through this thread! :mad:

I mostly buy from SMC and do a through product research before going there and purchasing!

Well look what the cat dragged in. Read this, regarding C2C. And here is a similar blurb on Computer Empire.

The really sad thing is, these two shops are always super duper crowded. Imagine daily how many people they are fooling. And am sure, most of the people do not cross reference their product like OP and kit6 did. Now the best thing would be to, raise a query in the consumer forum, and I know this may sound stupid..lodge a complaint in the Nehru Place policy station for fraud. High probability C2C will bribe the cops, but you will have documentation. And then pull in a lawyer. When they get a court warrant, it should speed up things. This should make them pi** a bit in their pants. I now, these sounds really time consuming, but if you can try it.

Personally I always give C2C and Computer Empire a wide berth, when on 1st floor Nehru Place. Never had a bad experience, but the people in the shops gave me the creeps always....for sure shady operators.

I remember I bought a geforce 6200 from Computer empire in 2004. I had an HP computer and at dat time I did not even know what agp slot looks like. So I told em dat I will take the card home and if it does not fit, I will replace it. They agreed. So I went home and found that I actually dont have any graphic expansion slot whatsoever. So, they actually refunded my money the very next day........ Now I am just disappointed after reading all this. Hope they get their act together soon....

Even i have seen one guy who bought "9800GT" 1 GB DDR3 from Cost to cost... and it was a fake ...with a fake looking box, on which there was no mention of the model number, just on one corner, "9800 GT 1 GB DDR3" was hand written with a permanent marker. I took two pics of both sides of the box with my cell...will post it if required :p .....

Dont ask that bro :p ....thats my secret;) ....may be you are dealing with a future journalist here :p:D :eek:hyeah:

Image012-2.jpg

fake98.jpg

^^ that looks like a common box for different cards where they can mark on the supported standard OR strike off the unsupported standards.

many people here says its 8600gt/gs whatever.

the performance this guy is mentioning is totally very low.

a 8600gt/gts/8500gt can perform far better at resolution max upto 1440x900/1280x1024 settings at high.

btw to the topic yes the box itself looks quite suspicious fx series.??
128mb is also quite strange.

btw as many people mentioned 9600gt requires a good psu with pcie power connectors.
otherwise the card will run at lower clock speeds.

as a suggestion as rdst_1 said guys if some members of te from delhi goes with him (two to three persons would be enough.)it will be better i think.

I will be suprised what happened wen i sent an email & a registered letter to there office like this to them coz i had the bill!

this is the email!

Dt : 23/12/09
To

M/s Cost to Cost Computer

106-107, Meghdoot Building,

Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
Subject : COMPLAINT REGARDING SALE OF FAKE Nvidia VIDEO CARD

Dear Sirs,

I had purchased a 9600 GT Nvidia Card from your shop for Rs.4500 with utmost trust but to my utter dismay I was cheated. The 9600 GT Nvidia Card i purchased does neither match the performance nor the specifications as compared to original 9600 GT Nvidia Card. I would like to show you the specification of the card i bought from you and the specification of an original 9600 GT Nvidia Video Card.

Specifications of Video Card on my PC (FAKE)

img1688j.jpg

Specifications of a Typical 9600 GT Nvidia Video Card (ORIGINAL)

gpu-z.png

As you can see there is a huge difference between the specifications. Its pretty clear its FAKE , 9600GT is a G94 chipset & this shows a G84M chipset , it is most probably a mobile 8600/8400 that you have fraudulently sold to me.

Also Box of the video card does not carry any serial key like other Nvidia Video Cards which is another proof that this is a FAKE video card. This proves it is a low end GPU with moded BIOS.

And more shocking is that it is not only me who has been cheated, the link below shows another customer who has been cheated by the false claims of your company.

my-9600gt-not-performing-as-expected-150888.html

In view of the above, you are requested to reply at the earliest failing I shall proceed to necessary action.

Thanking You

Pulkit narang

Retail Invoice No:M-RI/17176 Dated:18-May-2009 Attached

so wen they received this email they were fking shocked n scared they called my dad the next day n told that plz bring your card y have u sent such a letter to our office this wasnt needed.. den we went der n wonder what they said sry to us refunded full cash Rs.4500 after 9 months of use. they said that they didnt knew about this.. im so happy :) its been more than 2 months now!

but refund is not the solution. i think all or selected TE members from delhi must go there and tell them that they are CHEATERS.

Congratz on the refund mate, its a tough thing to get here in India :|

I think the mods should compile the details of this thread in another and make that a sticky, with the picture of the fake card, box and all....

Back