Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

hi raxy i got the same card in same state from cost to cost and to my utter dismay im facing the same problems so i wanted to know whether they replaced your fake card with original or not. plz reply

btw im mailing them that if they dont replace this fake card with a new card i will forward the same case to Nvidia that Cost to Cost is dealing in fake nvidia cards. Also will register a complaint with Consumer Court.

Hope this will help.

WHy couldnt I have got a fake "pink" card I would have sued them for GTX 295........lol

The way shopkeepers cheat In INDIA is disgusting. @raxy u should have filed a police complaint. This is a clear case of fraud.:mad:

viva1986 said:
did you get your card?

nope:( the guy there told me that it is a genuine 9600gt card but when i showed him the gpuz pic of original 9600gt and this fake one he agreed that its a fake card, and told me that he could have send it back for replacement but since i dont have its bill nothing can be done.:mad:

kit6 said:
hi raxy i got the same card in same state from cost to cost and to my utter dismay im facing the same problems so i wanted to know whether they replaced your fake card with original or not. plz reply

btw im mailing them that if they dont replace this fake card with a new card i will forward the same case to Nvidia that Cost to Cost is dealing in fake nvidia cards. Also will register a complaint with Consumer Court.

Hope this will help.

its sad to know that u too got cheated :(

Gowt1ham said:
WHy couldnt I have got a fake "pink" card I would have sued them for GTX 295........lol

The way shopkeepers cheat In INDIA is disgusting. @raxy u should have filed a police complaint. This is a clear case of fraud.:mad:

i know i should have.....but i dont have bill.

Are you crazy go berserk in his shop shout get aggressive tell him to give the copy of the bill ask him where the service center for this brand lies contact Nvidia and also lodge a complaint at consumer forum.

They have to give you a duplicate copy of the bill.....

dude....

Just be LOUD. Tell customers in his shop that he sells all fake stuff, report to consumer court asap.

If you remember the date or even the month of purchase they can find out. If they say they dont have records, then thats BS, tell the cops or some1. Mail Nvidia that these ppl are selling fake cards and hope they take action. Link them to this thread.

H2O said:
Are you crazy go berserk in his shop shout get aggressive tell him to give the copy of the bill ask him where the service center for this brand lies contact Nvidia and also lodge a complaint at consumer forum.

They have to give you a duplicate copy of the bill.....

i did exactly that but they didnt give me the duplicate bill, and abt the compaint thing i need a bill to do that...also i am busy in my studies these days so i dont have any time to do so....

raxy said:
i did exactly that but they didnt give me the duplicate bill, and abt the compaint thing i need a bill to do that...also i am busy in my studies these days so i dont have any time to do so....

Dude whats wrong with you , you dont need the bill , just check if they have signed the card . Ask them where is the service center for that card . I am not from delhi but if you were from mumbai then i would have definately taken your problem into account . There was a shop in lamington road , i forgot its name but they once gave me a used mobo in a packed box. For that i went mad and shouting at them and they finally delivered a new mobo straight to my house . Now whenever i go there they always take me seriously .

kit6 said:

Hope this will help.

If kit6 has the bill, both of u could approach the shopkeeper & request him to replace ur card. Tell him his shop is getting -ve publicity on tech forums which may affect his sales. I am sure some tactful pressure may make him relent.

raxy said:

Contact with "kit6" and you both together have to approach there tell them loudly that if they are not interested in your problem then you both are are going to the Consumer court for the solution.

but before that pray god "kit6 should have bill"

anyway without bill you cannot do much here because in India mostly shops give bill having name cash, so if you approach to Police and tell them that there is sure a duplicate copy of the purchase of your item in their Records, then they will prove that you are not their customer and also they will prove that they only sale original products because they never give the model no. of the product on the bill which they sale. And the Last and final "you know the BRIBE solution in India" and it is sure that they are very much of capable of this solution than you.

Well why don't some TEites drom delhi go together with him. Also if someone who is on good terms with the c2c salesman could help out, i guess it would be easier to ask them to give a genuine card in exchange of some money which would be the difference b/w the fake and the genuine card's prices.

I mean this trick might work. Just tell them not to give a 9600gt but a higher model . You might end up spending more than expected on your gcard but at-least you'll get your money's worth. try asking him that you want a 9800gt and you are ready to pay the difference.

But this time be sure to check that it's genuine.

Well as I told in my earlier post that he was clearly trying to cheat you, that why he is refraining from giving you a copy of the bill. wonder how we can trust those sellers out of so many. I had the same experience with Deltapage.com(delta peripheral chennai), I know many people on TE will vouch for him. :p , but these $uckers are always trying to cheat someone who they see fit for their requirement. They have their own sense to know to whom they can easily cheat, I guess :)

Those damn ba$tards! I haven't really bought anything from them till now and I don't plan to from now on either. They were always an OPTION, but even that's ruled out now.

Lately I've been buying from Direct Advantage, any bad experiences with that shop? Try to send this link to the main owner of the shop, this is a BOYCOTT people!

@sibot : u should have asked me earlier bout them......they are fakers for sure !! Direct is a tad better, But for us(u know wat i mean:p) SMC rules all !!!

@viva1986 - Thanks mate!

@HNP - I know man, but I went through this whole thread and its rather shocking that they're peddling fake GPUs. The reason I started going to Direct was cause my usual dealer - Sai, closed his shop. SMC comes off tad expensive, I'm yet to buy from them. My upgrades this year have not been so major, next year for sure!

Back