Graphic Cards My 9600GT not performing as expected EDIT: Card is fake!

dOm1naTOr said:
i have an 8600 M GT on my dell XPS M1530. Its a DDR3 version and has 32 shaders for sure. Other than the cud down core clock [475 instead of 540] everythin else is same as the desktop one. Neverthless it easily oced to 680Mhz core stable.
:D

But most other M GT has cut down cores, like the 9600M GT which has a mere 32 shaders while the real 9600GT has 96 and 9600GS has 64.

Its the 8600GS, match the spces with wiki.

but dell says its 8600M GT DDR3 and so is GPUZ. And i used a modded driver and it became 8600GT and unlocked clocks. The clocks was locked while using dell drivers.

guess what guys i just went to neheru palace (Cost To Cost) told them that the card was a fake 9600gt and they said they will get it replaced in 7 to 10 days, question is what if they give me another fake one what should i do then? and also can i get my money back?

Getting money back is not an options. You should have told them with a harsh voice that they gave you the fake even when they knew it cause they were prompt to get it replaced. Plus if you had the bill, you could have shown more authority. Better wait and let the new one come and make sure you spot the name of the company other than nvidia.

Man offcourse that shopwala was trying to cheat you.. may be because of reputation he will change it. Their is no way he wouldn't know if he was selling the fake. since their is always a chain to get the products from factory to the shop.. its not a kirana store that they can buy the stuff from anywhere and sell it.. they are in business.. people don't take side with these kinda of people. Me too got ripped from a reputed dealer.

raxy said:
guess what guys i just went to neheru palace (Cost To Cost) told them that the card was a fake 9600gt and they said they will get it replaced in 7 to 10 days, question is what if they give me another fake one what should i do then? and also can i get my money back?

Just make sure you dont get fooled again :)

Have a look at different brands out there, go to other shops around, do some visual inspection, take some1 from this forum if you can.

just look at the box and the PCB/cooler design to find if its a real 9600GT. And i think you know how most 9600GT looks like. PCB and cooler size shud come close to a new 55nm 9800GT.

raxy said:

Why wait for 7-10 days , i think you were not firm enough . It is clear enough that they have cheated you . What if they refuse to give you another card after 10 days since you dont have the bill . Even if they give another genuine one i am pretty sure they will ask you for some extra money . Just take some senior grown person with you and threaten them to face the consequences if you dont get what you need .

agli bar chaku leke jaana. kab kaise kaam aayege, kisse malum?

maybe for opening the box of a brand new BOX of a real 9600GT......or maybe for somethin else..

:D

rohan_mhtr said:
Why wait for 7-10 days , i think you were not firm enough . It is clear enough that they have cheated you . What if they refuse to give you another card after 10 days since you dont have the bill . Even if they give another genuine one i am pretty sure they will ask you for some extra money . Just take some senior grown person with you and threaten them to face the consequences if you dont get what you need .

well they never asked for the bill and if they refuse/ask for extra money then i will take my uncle with me and be aggressive as u said.

good you got it sorted out take a look at some review sites and get familiarized with the looks of the graphic card. You should have asked for a new card immediately since it was not to be claimed in RMA but to provide a new one. what if they give you a refurbished or second hand card. think about it .If they can convince you to get a fake they might as well convince you for the refurbished.

ggt said:
good you got it sorted out take a look at some review sites and get familiarized with the looks of the graphic card. You should have asked for a new card immediately since it was not to be claimed in RMA but to provide a new one. what if they give you a refurbished or second hand card. think about it .If they can convince you to get a fake they might as well convince you for the refurbished.

^you are right

@raxy
now they can give you RMAed one, but tell them that you want only new one box packed having seal
But i think they never sold anything seal packed:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Remember one thing when they give you then check it immidiately and observe closely if there is any type of "sign" having "date" on it or on box. If there is sign then return them and told them that you can only accept new one and of good company (i.e. atleast PALIT according to your purchase price) or if it is impossible for them then ask them for the moneyback.

and go there in :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dOm1naTOr said:
just look at the box and the PCB/cooler design to find if its a real 9600GT. And i think you know how most 9600GT looks like. PCB and cooler size shud come close to a new 55nm 9800GT.

Giving this advice to someone who has already got a fake one is pretty useless :no:

He doesnt even know how the pcb looks, heck even I dont know :p. I mean who cares how it looks, as long as GPUz shows G94 and you get the real card :rofl:

Wow a mobile GPU inside 9600GT... this is going to make some news. No seriously, this is going to make some news. :p

@ roxy: Great, that you are already in talk with C2C people. see what their reaction is. If they give you a new, original 9600GT, fair enough. You may have to pay them around 1K more as no new 9600Gt sells for Rs 4500.

If this doesn't work out, talk to Nvidia directly. Shoot them mails, call their India office, CC it to everyone in the ladder, give a link to this thread in your mail. Be firm and angry... It may help.

But honestly, chances are bleak. The box doesn't carry any OEM name and Nvidia doesn't sell gfx cards directly. The fault here solely lies with you and of course with Cost 2 Cost. A lot depends on what is the stand of Cost 2 Cost.

Hi, I'm from TechPowerup, and work for the developer of GPU-Z. This thread was emailed to me, as I also handle content on TechPowerup.com

We have an extensive database of graphics card detections based on the data users submit from GPU-Z. We have found out that there is a rise in the number of fake GeForce 9 series accelerators. They simply alter the namestring of the device the video card BIOS or drivers (provided in the CDs), and sell cheap, old, worthless hardware relabeled as new. Beware of such fakes. This G84M based accelerator of yours is barely worth $30 (INR 1500), in the real market.

Since you're in India, I suggest you return the accelerator immediately, ask for a full refund, and approach the consumer forum if you are denied the same. Always buy from recognised brands which are reviewed on the internet.

just called cost to cost and they said that your card has been replaced,so.......just going there if it is the real one or not.....

Back