My First Matte Painting

This, over here is my first attempt at a Matte Painting. Its taken me roughly 4 hours to make & has been a semi satisfactory experience so far.

I have managed to convert the first picture to the second Darker & murkier picture

1.jpg

Storm_Through_the_Glass_by_rahulduggal.jpg

Feel free to let me know about your views, you can check it out at Storm Through the Glass by ~rahulduggal on deviantART

Overall not a bad 1st attempt :)

You have overused liquefy

the rain is not integrated into the photo well enough...too monochromatic and not enough contrast

Is this supposed to be a view from a window? The size of the raindrops would suggest this but it would look more realistic if there was either some dirt or reflections of some kind on the window..... it would not be that transparent/clean.

When you use a photoshop effect like that to create the look of rain, you must try to vary the outcome as it tends to look very uniform. Usually mixing multiple layers of rain and using blending modes will help create some variance. Then go in with a paintbrush and lightly alter it (the rain) and then add it into your photo using more blending modes.

The overall photo needs more contrast I would suggest a levels layer adjustment that you can tweak and re-tweak to your satisfaction.

Good attempt.. now you need to refine it more. keep at it and fix this one before moving on to another. You have a lot more work yet to do on this picture. :D

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
Overall not a bad 1st attempt :)

You have overused liquefy

the rain is not integrated into the photo well enough...too monochromatic and not enough contrast

Is this supposed to be a view from a window? The size of the raindrops would suggest this but it would look more realistic if there was either some dirt or reflections of some kind on the window..... it would not be that transparent/clean.

When you use a photoshop effect like that to create the look of rain, you must try to vary the outcome as it tends to look very uniform. Usually mixing multiple layers of rain and using blending modes will help create some variance. Then go in with a paintbrush and lightly alter it (the rain) and then add it into your photo using more blending modes.

The overall photo needs more contrast I would suggest a levels layer adjustment that you can tweak and re-tweak to your satisfaction.

Good attempt.. now you need to refine it more. keep at it and fix this one before moving on to another. You have a lot more work yet to do on this picture. :D

Wow.. the review is more impressive than the actual work :hap2:

Nice work, though..

Back