My letter to Vodafone customer care

halo_3

Disciple
I am officially sick and tired of the mofos at Vodafone. My new number has been activated for only about 48 hours and those bastards have already given my number to every mass marketer in the universe despite the fact that I had clearly mentioned not to call or message me.

Here is my email to Vodafone's customer service department. I really hope they get this right. Next time a marketer calls me, I'm going to give him the choicest gaalis in every Indian language.

Hello,

I really hope you can help out a long standing customer of 8+ years.

My new number has been activated for barely more than 2

days and I have already received dozens of promotional messages and

calls from Vodafone and its partners, despite the fact that I had

clearly mentioned on the registration form that I was NOT interested

in receiving promotional messages and calls of any kind.

Why it does seem that Vodafone has resorted to terrorizing customers

with a massive flood of promotional messages and calls. I'm NOT

interested in any kind of messages even if it is a free calls for life

offer. Is it very hard for a company to understand that some users

don't like to check their phone every 2 minutes to read or listen to

some promotional offer that does not interest them one bit?

I hope you can put my number on the DO NOT CALL in ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

list very soon, otherwise I will not hesitate to dump all my Vodafone

SIMs and move to another provider and notify my friends in the media

about this blatant breach of customer trust.

Thanks,

Halo_3

The problem is that all the providers in India are absolute retards so even if Voda continue to send me messages I have very little choice in moving to a provider that does not do the same thing.

I think you can live with it if you get PRomo Messages as i dont find them that irritating(Just messages no calls) .. But yeah if you do get a hell lot of Promo calls you can raise this Issue to the State Level executives ..

Even i am facing this prob with Vodafone. Promotional calls every eve :p

On the other hand, with Dolphin, i don't receive a single promotional/adv msg/call.

apextwin146 said:
I think you can live with it if you get PRomo Messages as i dont find them that irritating(Just messages no calls) .. But yeah if you do get a hell lot of Promo calls you can raise this Issue to the State Level executives ..
I have received 43 promo and crap SMSs (yes, I have been counting) since the time I put my new SIM in my phone on Friday. Heck the incoming calls counter on my Satio is purely due to these nonsense marketing calls.

halo_3 said:
I have received 43 promo and crap SMSs (yes, I have been counting) since the time I put my new SIM in my phone on Friday. Heck the incoming calls counter on my Satio is purely due to these nonsense marketing calls.

U getting SMS plus u have registered in DND so again u try your number on site it will say u already registered...

I guess u have the proof of a consumer court case

Ok , I tell you ... Its not Vodafone who has distributed your number. Your number is an old number which was earlier , like 1-2 years before, was with someone else and as the time passed , the number kept on being distributed amongst telemarketers and that number is now allocated to you. You can notice the series of your number to confirm the same.

Happened to me too .. Hope this helped.

If it wasn't already obvious to you:

• You aren't really gonna get far by using abusive language. Remember the person at the other end is a call-center executive who doesn't care if he works for Company A or B.
  • The people who distribute your number to telemarketers need not necessarily be Vodafone. Remember most of the sales is outsourced to third party agents who do the legwork for bigger companies. Works the same with credit cards, mobile operators and insurance companies.
  • Registering with Do Not Call takes a while to reflect. It worked great for me btw.
  • I don't think any other mobile operator is going to be any better and threatening to switch services seldom works! Again, the person you are making the threat to is in the lowest rung of the Vodafone food-chain.

Not trying to be condescending btw and wish you find peace with mobile operator :)

Arihant.EXE said:
Ok , I tell you ... Its not Vodafone who has distributed your number. Your number is an old number which was earlier , like 1-2 years before, was with someone else and as the time passed , the number kept on being distributed amongst telemarketers and that number is now allocated to you. You can notice the series of your number to confirm the same.

Happened to me too .. Hope this helped.

Exactly! It's not a new number. I am not saying that a new series number doesn't get spammed but not so early. If you happen to use one of those dumped numbers you are bound to get all those calls. There is very little that you can do to it. The national do not call registry works for some while doesn't at all for others. Thing is, if you happen to get calls mostly from banks or other companies that have centralized database, that can be handled then. But if you get calls from local companies, there is very little that can be done. You just have to live with that :mad:

I have worked in outbound call centers(thought they were US based) and based my experience. no need to shout or use profanity. trust me, it does not help. the best method avoid such calls is say these magical words clearly and loudly without shouting.

"Not Interested, put me on do not call" and hang up immediately . don't wait for other person to say something. then Executive will dispose your number in DND list and hopefully you won't called again from that call center.

If volume of call is huge then install call blocker on your phone. I have done the same:hap2:

You can switch off the new sim for a month maybe and then reconnect.then surely you wont get those calls. If you are a prepaid customer or else till they get it sorted.it worked for me on my reliance.had it in promo offer then those calls started. Registered on do not call registry.still the calls continued so kept it off for a month then now no new calls since then.

I was haunted by Idea over the same thing, over to the extent that I'd get a message every 15minutes.

Once they called me at 9:00AM on a Sunday, that's when I lost it and finally registered with DND.

Life's been more peaceful since then...

Im so sick of these marketing calls, theres one for ringback tones starts with "Gulab ka phool ho, gobi ka mat samajhna" I mean wtf..atleast hav a standard..

I too get these calls every now and then :p. but when I am like ultra bored , I have fun talking to some guy trying to convince me for some mutual investment or take a loan .. At times I say I need 10-12 crores and next moment the person hangs up :rofl: :rofl:.

The other day I made a cute sounding chick explain me about mutual funds investments for 10-12 mins :D.

Best part is when all the friends are together and one of us gets this marketing calls. .It's total chaos and laughter riot .:rofl:

On a serious note, the Do not disturb service of Vodafone does work ,I got it activated on my parents cells and in the last 1-2 months , there has been a single marketing call.The service took ~ 20-30 days to get activate.

Back